It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The realization of 'I' am not the mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sid1314

If that is the case then what experiences thought?

Our core unmanifested "I" (our witness to all things) is not part of the universal consciousness.

Our manifested minds "I" on the other hand is a segmented part of the universal consciousness. We are communicating with one another from our segmented consciousnesses.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
No thinking. Just doing.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Wow that one is a great reply, thank you.

As you said

Our core unmanifested "I" (our witness to all things) is not part of the universal consciousness.

I still do not truly know if this is the case infact. It does make sense as many say, "Once you realize that this mind and this body, rather than my mind and my body, you realize that all mind and all body are the same." Thus the observer / witness to everything cannot be infact a part of the universal consciousness. But can be the universal consciousness itself observing itself.

Our manifested minds "I" on the other hand is a segmented part of the universal consciousness. We are communicating with one another from our segmented consciousnesses.

So if you consider the first explanation here, then we are infact the same, we are just split from the universal consciousness temporarily.

I thought about the fact if the witness / observer is another entity, why doesn't it just walk away, it wouldn't matter at all.
Also why enlightened people or people who have awakened / realized stick around in this realm. Once they realize they are the witness / observer why do they need to interact with the mind anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sid1314
a reply to: TzarChasm

The mind cannot sustain without the body, thus what they say is true, without the mind the body can't exist, neither the other way around, the mind can't sustain without a body.

But what happens when you die, to this body, do you perish entirely, or what happens to the mind when you die.

If the mind would remain dormant after death, then why is it not possible to revive a dead person if you reanimate his/her body. (Don't want to go to the realm of zombies, but this is the truth). The "you" leaves thus making the mind and the body completely disabled.

The "I" that I mention here is the true self, the watcher, the observer. Take an example of a game, Think about the character in the game, that is your body, the person playing the game is your mind, and the person viewing the experience through a Youtube Video is the true self. You are not in control of this body and mind, you are just observing this experience.

The video game avatar doesn't consume nutrients or oxygen, my body does. The video game avatar doesn't bleed, my body does. The video game avatar doesn't need to pay bills, my body does. There's nothing clever about this allegory, just a lazy attempt at proving my corporeal vessel isn't my identity, yet there's very little opportunity to express my identity without flesh to manifest my intent. And after my flesh ceases to operate, there's not much left of me to interact with. That general concept applies to pretty much every person who ever walked the earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The unmanifested has no form so cannot be grasped or understood by mind. I call my witness the watcher, thinking of it as just one eye of trillions x trillion of unmanifested eye's. But I also know that such imagery is wrong. The witness can enter the realm of the unmanifested to experience the ultimate truth. But without consciousness the witness would not be able to experience sensations in this realm. So rather seeing the witness and consciousness as separate entities its perhaps better to conceive them as being our two natures. We might call one nature adam, the other nature eve.

The process of enlightenment is not to destroy consciousness but to weaken the segmentation of the ego construct. So even though some schools appear to directly attack consciousness its moreso a process that allows the transformation from our limited ego-consciousness to unlimited altruistic consciousness. Knowledge that is suppressed so the ego-consciousness doesn't waste time trying to attain that greater consciousness.

Those that achieve altruistic consciousness rather sacrifice their life for the well being of others than walk away. Reason being, their love for all beings is far greater than the love our ego-consciousness could ever attain for one being. They see all things and beings as an expression of the unmanifested.

posted on Oct, 10 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   
"The Mind is the slayer of the real. Let the disciples slay the slayer."
H.P. Blavatsky, "The Voice of the Silence."

posted on Oct, 11 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The idea that there is an 'I' that can do something is an idea.

Ideas happen.

Amazingly everything is just happening.

Witnessing is happening.....words are happening....bodies are happening....

And there's nothing doing the happening......reality is simply being what it is.

No one will figure it out........but the illusion of a someone might just drop away and then the one life will reveal itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join