It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it was big, so much pure of harmony in the air elephant bells I would wear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Remember Elephant Bells , they were so cool to wear. I even had them tailored made in Bangkok. Fun times with the locals back then. Most people don't know this but about 50 years ago outside of Bangkok was all jungle and our living was in bamboo huts with no doors or locks. Yep, I lived that. Yet today we see how fkd up society is . For us that served in Asia during the Vietnam War, we are old now and lets remember how our govt. fkd us over. PERIOD

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

And yet people still believe the government and those that control it cares about us. They'll use us, demonize us, us and pit us against one another all to retain power and accumulate wealth.

Dance monkeys dance. The shadows on the wall are most definitely the real world. They assure us so.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

And yet people still believe the government and those that control it cares about us. They'll use us, demonize us, us and pit us against one another all to retain power and accumulate wealth.

Dance monkeys dance. The shadows on the wall are most definitely the real world. They assure us so.

my good friend, thank you for agreeing

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I'm glad I joined the military for one reason. One reason alone. And that was that I got to personally see first hand how much it's all bull#.

There were times in my darkest moments where I hoped some crazy "terrorists" launched an attack against us, so that my fellow sailors would stop trying to throw each other under the bus and rat each other out to get their shot at promotion.

I saw so much selfishness, infidility, crookedness, and so much more it made me sick. I'm still embarassed to this day when people say "Thanks for your service."

Gtfo with that mess(Not you personally). The only thing I got out of it was a butt ton of physical and mental stress, a divorce, having to deal with a VA that doesn't give a damn, and a GI Bill that's a pain in the ass to use.

MIM you come across as a decent dude who cares. Hang in there man. Maybe one of these days things will be sane, but probably not before we've paid the ultimate price.

Drink to the foam MIMs. You're on foreign shores, but I'd drink a beer with ya any day.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

the beer would be on me , my good friend

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Bespoke bell-bottoms. MiM you are a man with interesting history through some interesting cultural times.

I missed out on most of the 70's, but I did end up with an accidental pair of bell-bottom hand-me-downs. I was confused about the obviously faulty pants and didn't wear them.

I don't like a bunch of extraneous material hanging off me. I was always a square, my friend. To this day I refuse to have a gas, but I am admittedly kinda far out.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Bespoke bell-bottoms. MiM you are a man with interesting history through some interesting cultural times.

I missed out on most of the 70's, but I did end up with an accidental pair of bell-bottom hand-me-downs. I was confused about the obviously faulty pants and didn't wear them.

I don't like a bunch of extraneous material hanging off me. I was always a square, my friend. To this day I refuse to have a gas, but I am admittedly kinda far out.

may the wind blow you in the right path of life.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

may we share a beer over the sunset and tell war stories.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
You had to go there...elephant leg jeans. But no mention of a Nero shirt ? Or a "Keep on Truckin"T-shirt ?
No , I was not there , I have just heard stories.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You had to go there...elephant leg jeans. But no mention of a Nero shirt ? Or a "Keep on Truckin"T-shirt ?
No , I was not there , I have just heard stories.

The stories you have heard are true to the hearts that put on their helmets to invade the bullets of why the fk am I here.

posted on Sep, 25 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

I'm glad I joined the military for one reason. One reason alone. And that was that I got to personally see first hand how much it's all bull#.

Is that your way of looking on the bright side?

edit on 25-9-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join