It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sucker-Punches Another At Chicago Liquor Store, Victim Shoots Him Dead

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
The only thing I get from this story,... is?

1. If you don't want to be a victim? Don't victimize people?

1.5. It should be illegal to assault/attack people. That should be "a law".

2. Don't bring a punch, to a gun fight?

3. Don't live in Chicago. ... People in Chicago apparently, like to punch you? They seem to be a violent people.

4. The "law" and "news", seem to get all bent, when someone shoots a violent person in Chicago?

5. Think of the children! It could've been your child at the liquor store. Make "law" accordingly.

We need to apply some logic here. What are the odds that some person comes into a liquor store and randomly sucker punches the guy in the front of the line and then just stands there pissed off talking to another guy. The calmest person was the guy punched, so I would bet 100 bucks there is some history there and since the guy was packing illegally I would bet that history is not good.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Let us be logical. .... Oviously? This ain't about "odds". Odds aren't logical

So , "let us apply logic".

What if there was "history"?

Why wouldn't the punched guy be calm? I"d be calm also. If I could bring "the hate" down on anyone that punched me. I get that. That is totally "logical", "moral" and "civilized". I would be calm also.

What is this, "packing illegally" thing you speak of?
When did this become "illegal"?

Logic says? Don't punch people. You may not like how it ends.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

here's some logic, thug tells the guy standing there looking at, reading what ever is in his hands at the counter,hurry the f---k up.
victim says f--- you wait your turn, thug walks up and sucker punches the guy standing there while he continues to looking at,reading what ever he in his hand in the back of the head.

as you said you don't know what happened before, but we do know from the video the thug went and picked up what the guy had in hand after he hit the victim.

edit on 8-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Except that's not what I said. IF you were going to retaliate, bare hands are a better choice in terms of legal consequences, better than wasting someone at a distance on camera.

If the goal is equivocation, we could agree that someone armed with a gun is more likely to get shot by police than someone armed with their fists.

So, I don't think your argument makes as much sense as you think it does.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

What is this, "packing illegally" thing you speak of?
When did this become "illegal"?

Logic says? Don't punch people. You may not like how it ends.

Never punch anyone under any circumstances? Its Chicago, he is carrying illegal.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

as you said you don't know what happened before, but we do know from the video the thug went and picked up what the guy had in hand after he hit the victim.

Very weird he picked it up, like what would it be in a liquor store...lol I'm kind of waiting to hear more.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
In many of the states stand your ground laws, removing an imminent threat to the general public is also covered. I may argue the mans irrational violent behavior made him a threat to all the people in the general vicinity, which was already established by his initial violent attack.

It will take a seriously expensive attorney but i think its a viable defense. Not to mention his judgement may have been impaired due to the brutal violent blow to his skull. Such a shock could easily have shook parts of his brain that may effect decision making. I say call an expert neurologist to testify in that regard as well.

Will have to read the statutes in his state, but its looking good from a defense angle in addition to the medical effects to his psyche at the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Except that's not what I said. IF you were going to retaliate, bare hands are a better choice in terms of legal consequences, better than wasting someone at a distance on camera.

If the goal is equivocation, we could agree that someone armed with a gun is more likely to get shot by police than someone armed with their fists.

So, I don't think your argument makes as much sense as you think it does.

The black guy was much bigger than the white guy. He'd have been an idiot to try to go one on one with him.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am SOOOO glad he didn’t die right away. I hope those last agonizing moments of his pathetic life were spent reflecting on that mistake he just made.

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
I am SOOOO glad he didn’t die right away. I hope those last agonizing moments of his pathetic life were spent reflecting on that mistake he just made.

Yeah, you've got to wonder what he was thinking. Could be it was all about pain though.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join