It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sucker-Punches Another At Chicago Liquor Store, Victim Shoots Him Dead

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, you are older aren't you. See, in the new world, (clown World) Criminals aren't really treated bad, they are allowed to do whatever they like, and so we aren't mean to them, we just let them go. it's in all the news papers. Check it out sometime.

The funny part is, what if both are bad guys.... Everyone is assuming the White guy is some innocent person, but then he was illegally packing a firearm. How many people here illegally carry?

exactly what I posted earlier. From that video you can't tell what let to the incident. Did the guy who sucker punch the shooter get assaulted or maybe even robbed by the shooter before the video started ?

Not enough info from just that video clip. People making assumptions from that video are the equivalent of CNN journalist claiming racism simply because a White officer shot a black person without any further information.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So that's why you look like you are limping all of the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

exactly what I posted earlier. From that video you can't tell what let to the incident. Did the guy who sucker punch the shooter get assaulted or maybe even robbed by the shooter before the video started ?

Not enough info from just that video clip. People making assumptions from that video are the equivalent of CNN journalist claiming racism simply because a White officer shot a black person without any further information.

My personal observation is many people here who call themselves Conservative do the same damn thing they complain about liberals doing in calling the person guilty until proven innocent.

edit on 8-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It doesn't matter what happened before. The man doing the shooting was not under the threat of death or grievous bodily injury at the time he fired. It isn't self-defense.

As I stated earlier he may be able to make a case for lack of judgement due to being disoriented from the punch.

Self-defense is a real gray area. If you are the person involved, you may have only seconds to act in a pressure situation, where the people making the decision on justification have hours or days under no pressure.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

the man could had said Im gonna get you and the shooter believed him since it is the hood.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's what I meant by other justification. Just remember where this happened. Google "mutual combat Illinois" and you'll see why I won't be surprised at what actually happens.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Go big or go home.

Source

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

It doesn't matter what happened before. The man doing the shooting was not under the threat of death or grievous bodily injury at the time he fired. It isn't self-defense.

I wasn't talking about the shooting only that from the video one can't assume what all really led to the shooting and the sucker punch event itself since so many people were claiming that the sucker punch guy deserved getting killed .

As for the shooter being in trouble, I agree with you and I posted about it when it happened a couple of days ago when i first so the clip.I can't imagine the shooter not getting in deepsh1t for it or winning a self defense case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hard to know the circumstances of what happened from that video to what led to the punch , but the fact the shooter was leaving and the assailant did not appear to follow is not going to make his self defense argument an easy one.

edit on 17930America/ChicagoThu, 08 Sep 2022 14:17:38 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

My personal observation is many people here who call themselves Conservative do the same damn thing they complain about liberals doing in calling the person guilty until proven innocent.

Yep , unfortunately very true* .

*With one caveat, a guilty verdict is only for the peons.
edit on 21930America/ChicagoThu, 08 Sep 2022 14:21:51 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If I was on a Jury I'd want to see what happened before as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

originally posted by: Lysergic
Maybe the CTE made him do it?

a reply to: MountainLaurel

Well, that would be a possible defense his lawyer could use ? .

brain injury from the punch. If I was the shooter's lawyer, I would push that as the defense as it would be one the jury would most likely go for.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

If I was on a Jury I'd want to see what happened before as well.

Yeah but like you said in the end it wont matter because he appears to have already escaped the imminent threat and came back to it.

Not good from a self defense point of view and something when I took my conceal carry class drove into us to not do.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

personally i think you attack someone the victim should be able to get a free shot up to killing the attacker.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

personally i think you attack someone the victim should be able to get a free shot up to killing the attacker.

I don't disagree especially with extreme violent crimes like rape, pedos, or armed robbery but that can also lead to very shady and grey areas.

For example using vigilante rule what if the guy who sucker punched the shooter is really the victim?
Suppose the shooter originally robbed or hit the guy before filming started and then the guy comes back and sucker punches the shooter as shown in the film. So now what?

What about stupid high school fights ?

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I don't disagree especially with extreme violent crimes like rape, pedos, or armed robbery but that can also lead to very shady and grey areas.

For example using vigilante rule what if the guy who sucker punched the shooter is really the victim?
Suppose the shooter originally robbed or hit the guy before filming started and then the guy comes back and sucker punches the shooter as shown in the film. So now what?

What about stupid high school fights ?

When death is on the table people who are bad arses back down. Allowing a victim a free shot would make them think. Twice.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If I'm on that jury, he's walking
a reply to: infolurker

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The only thing I get from this story,... is?

1. If you don't want to be a victim? Don't victimize people?

1.5. It should be illegal to assault/attack people. That should be "a law".

2. Don't bring a punch, to a gun fight?

3. Don't live in Chicago. ... People in Chicago apparently, like to punch you? They seem to be a violent people.

4. The "law" and "news", seem to get all bent, when someone shoots a violent person in Chicago?

5. Think of the children! It could've been your child at the liquor store. Make "law" accordingly.

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The advent of surveillance cameras and cellphones everyplace seems to nullify many of the old cover stories that went along with scenarios like this. Everything from "my finger slipped", to "he tried to grab my gun" etc ad infinitum.

Empty hand skills are the way to go in a suckerpunch retalliation. You basically have a free ticket to go completely apeship on the perp...why not?

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MitchL61
If I'm on that jury, he's walking

Based on.... What if they are both drug dealers....

posted on Sep, 8 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The advent of surveillance cameras and cellphones everyplace seems to nullify many of the old cover stories that went along with scenarios like this. Everything from "my finger slipped", to "he tried to grab my gun" etc ad infinitum.

Empty hand skills are the way to go in a suckerpunch retalliation. You basically have a free ticket to go completely apeship on the perp...why not?

Because life isn't a John Wayne movie.
In John Wayne movies, entire rooms of men go ape$hit on each other, and they are all armed to the teeth,
yet no one ever reaches for the gun during these melees, ever.
Nowadaze, guns are drawn, and used, during minor road rage events,
arguments, even garbage can usage by renters from the wrong unit.

You might be in the middle of rightfully pummeling someone who just suckerpunched you,
but nearby someone may be drawing iron, or about to, thinking they are about to become a hero.

Also...there might be cops present. Always on duty.
The first thing a cop does in any situation with unknowns
is to produce instruments of force. Jason Conoscenti was executed
by the Long Beach Firing Squad on an empty beach because he may
have shoplifted at Target. He was a threat to nobody. But they
believed he had a stick, or gun, or something. Video exists, but how
will this help a dead person attain living justice?

They (police) are liable to make a wrong decision from time to time,
however the 'feared for my life' covers all that. They often fire on
the mere perception of someone who might assault them.
I certainly would not want to be brawling with loose cannons about,
especially if they have badges, ie., impunity.

That's why.

# 1600
edit on 8-9-2022 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join