It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sucker-Punches Another At Chicago Liquor Store, Victim Shoots Him Dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If you google the case all the paper says is that a man was shot. No other information. If you did not see the video and read the article you would think the guy just walked in an shot a random.

Well there is always extremes in both direction. In some defense, unless you saw the video most would start with the guy pulling his gun out and shooting the other guy and say look at that thug just killing that guy. Well we are in the same situation with the video that starts with the punch in saying oh look at that thug punching that guy.

It is weirdly the same scenario in both cases of observation.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My wife and i have a friend who is the great grandparents of friend of our daughter. They are both in their 70's. They each carry two guns on them at all times. If you looked at them you would have no idea. Never judge a book by the cover....

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If they can't get all 12 to say he's guilty, it's a mistrial. How many times will the DA throw money at a prosecution when it has such a high chance of failing?

TheRedneck

Its the whole casually getting up and walking to the door while keeping his back to the guy, not even looking as one would if concerned another punch would come. Then taking the gun out and turning to shoot as the puncher never moved towards him and even tried to get away. We also saw the shooter had a clear path of escape as he quickly ran away within a second of shooting. The puncher also picked up some papers off the counter just before the shot and that is very strange unless there is some connection between the two. If the other guy was the puncher's buddy I bet there is more to follow as that person will know more of the story, AND show us the whole video from the time the shooter entered the place...geez That alone not happening screams who ever posted the video had a bias.

edit on 5-9-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

My wife and i have a friend who is the great grandparents of friend of our daughter. They are both in their 70's. They each carry two guns on them at all times. If you looked at them you would have no idea. Never judge a book by the cover....

If you are going to carry then carry BIG!

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Gray area. If he had done that to a family member, my rage would have been immeasurable. Had he done that to me, I'd have drawn and ordered his fat belly on the ground. He looked like a fat stupid POS. A cop could have emptied his weapon into him and most likely gotten away with it, a civilian would be charged with excessive deadly force for firing more than one shot. Total BS double standard, cops are supposed to be trained to be calm ( except in Texas) in situations, untrained civilians are held to a higher standard. I wonder if that fat loser was bussed into Chicago from Texas as an illegal and expected royal treatment. Have that Beetlejuice mayor did his grave.
edit on 5-9-2022 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

Gray area. If he had done that to a family member, my rage would have been immeasurable. Had he done that to me, I'd have drawn and ordered his fat belly on the ground. He looked like a fat stupid POS. A cop could have emptied his weapon into him and most likely gotten away with it, a civilian would be charged with excessive deadly force for firing more than one shot. Total BS double standard, cops are supposed to be trained to be calm ( except in Texas) in situations, untrained civilians are held to a higher standard. I wonder if that fat loser was bussed into Chicago from Texas as an illegal and expected royal treatment. Have that Beetlejuice mayor did his grave.

Well it is Chicago and handguns are basically illegal, also it seems the shooter was 19, so I think screwed no matter what. Looking up that area it is not a nice place to live either, and that type of violence is not uncommon there. Lots of POS all over the place.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
If you are going to carry then carry BIG!

If you are going to carry, carry something that you can shoot comfortably. You are going to need to practice so it shouldn't be some thing that you are uncomfortable practicing with.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

it looks to me that the thug was robbing him, if you watch you see him pick something off the counter that the victim dropped. looks like some sort of bag. thug didn't have anything in his hands before he sucker punched him.

pretty sure you can cap a robber.

Nope stealing doesn't mean you can kill them. Lethal force can only legally be used if your or someone else's life is in direct threat of deadly force. This is why not everyone should carry he got mad and killed him he knew he was wrong because he took off running. If it was a legal shoot he would have waited for the cops to show.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't agree that the shooting was LEGALLY justified, but it was a form of justice - an eye for an eye.

The bastard got what he asked for. He wanted to play by Wild West rules and he reaped what he sowed.

Good riddance. One less scumbag is no loss to society.

eye for eye is equal.

reciving 1 percent damage from punch then shooting 100 percent damage isnt.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TTU77

My heart bleeds for him. Not.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm sure this is what John Lennon meant.

Karma as apportioned out by the person?

That's a ghetto impulse. No different than what the sucker punching person would likely do situation reversed. That's hood s#.

Ghetto is very much pro law of retribution.
edit on 5-9-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

My heart bleeds for him. Not.

That says a lot about you.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ask me if I care.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
He was hit hard in the head. That will surely have a huge impact on the way that he would respond. He was likely dazed and confused, he could have blacked out. In that situation you are not thinking rationally. The video only shows what happened from the cameras perspective, and context is missing. We don't know what he did, if anything, to warrant the punch.It's a sad situation that only happened because someone resorted to violence. Let that be a lesson, it's never the answer in these situations.

Temporary insanity. I would vote he was innocent due to being incapacitated from the blow, and couldn't think clearly when he fired. Instinct from training is why he fires center mass, and the target is taken out.

I am one of those who blacks out or whatever, and I can't remember anything much. The other person usually didn't look so good. It was during the 1st two years of integrated bussing of schools in TN. I even hit a teacher once while defending myself in a packed auditorium freshman year of HS. I was an A student and was back in school two days later.

The other person, who was hurting others with projectiles from a huge rubber band had hit me hard right under my eye with a projectile from close range. Instinct took me because that scared the life out of me. I would need a video to see me hit the teacher one time, knocked him out then returned to beating the snot out of that punk, because I just don't have a memory of it. I do remember walking up and hitting the kid. Everyone was glad I did it but that poor Math teacher. He had a knot on his head the size of a baseball. The kids loved it for lots of good and bad reasons. The principal told my mother that boy had it coming, and he would have hit him too if he were me. Mom was surprised. I was relieved.

TEMPORARY INSANITY is real.
edit on 5-9-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Well living in Da Hood it should be self defense cause the puncher would go get a gun if he did not stop him there.

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Good effin riddance to worthless feral garbage

Hope he felt it and screamed all the way to hell!

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

To the shooter

edit on 5-9-2022 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   
there are sheep and there are wolfs....

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah, shooter is going to be effed in court.
He was already out the door and turned back to shoot him.
Retaliation, not defense.
Not that he didn't deserve it, he hit him in the head from behind.

I disagree with the law in regards to this issue, but I believe legally speaking you are correct.

He had already discontinued the attack and the victim of the violent and potentially deadly attack was already safely away when he decided to shoot the attacker. Now there is the potential of the attacker having shouted or said that he was about to pursue and continue the attack - that may return the victim back into legal self defense status.

I hope he gets a very good specialized attorney for his defense. More importantly I hope one actually takes his case and figures out a defense similar to my theory.

More importantly - always carry and avoid sections of cities where thugs congregate. Not worth the potential risk of an issue occurring - do business elsewhere whenever possible.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is where the self-defense laws get tricky.

Here's one for you. I witness a person knocking down a woman and then he starts kicking her. I pull my weapon and order him to stop. He does and then he takes off running. I chase him with my weapon in my hand and he turns pulls out a weapon and kills me.

Guess what? He may get tried for the Assault on the woman, but, he has a case of self-defense for killing me.

posted on Sep, 6 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Once the initial threat was gone, and the victim walked away from the action--it's not self-defense anymore. It's 2nd degree murder.

Rather cut and dried on the face of it. There may be extenuating circumstances that we're not aware, however. That film doesn't show anything leading up to the punch being thrown.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join