It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sucker-Punches Another At Chicago Liquor Store, Victim Shoots Him Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Details are sketchy but if this is stranger on stranger random violence, this could be a teachable moment. Don't sucker punch random people. We have seen thugs playing the "knock out game" before. I am not sure if this is something similar, just some random bully trying to impress his friends, or something else.

"Violence begets violence; hate begets hate; and toughness begets a greater toughness. It is all a descending spiral, and the end is destruction — for everybody. Along the way of life, someone must have enough sense and morality to cut off the chain of hate." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Man Sucker-Punches Another At Chicago Liquor Store, Victim Shoots Him Dead

vidmax.com...

CCTV shows a customer getting sucker-punched from behind while waiting to pay. The assaulted man then walks toward the door before turning around and shooting the assaulting man.

Police have not released the victim's age or any further information.

No one is currently in custody and police have not yet released a description of the shooter.

An investigation by detectives is ongoing.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I believe this one falls under "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I hate to see folks hurt or killed, but when you ask for it this loudly, why not give them what they really want.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
Well, it was the assailanta own fault and all. I cannot say this was the appropriate response, only that it likely would not have occured had the man not initiated a random violent attack against a stranger.

Perhaps they were known to each other from a prior altercation??

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I'd thought for about a sec with my 357 mag in his face. It would be justified against assault...but...unless he was coming back...I might've just hit him in the face w it..and held him for police.

PS Only 5 things justify deadly force. Assault, Rape, Robbery, Home invasion and car jacking. I'd not hesitate.( These on the Michigan books).
edit on 09225130America/ChicagoSun, 04 Sep 2022 10:38:51 -050038202200000051 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Definitely self defense, but surely this falls into kneecapping territory.

I love me some concealed carry as much as the next person, but if I'm going to shoot somebody I like them to know that they've been shot.

This guy isn't going to be sucker punching anyone else, but he's also not going to be playing hide the soap with the other convicts in the showers like he rightfully should.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Damm, that was brutal.
Not sure killing the guy was worth probably going to jail and the emotion trauma one would experience after murdering someone, even if he was a scumbag. Although he did hit him really hard in the head, which could have caused death or brain injury, so IDK ?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Awesome now we won't waste tax dollars locking him up and rinse and repeating over course of his life...

He won the ultimate idiot prize...

Guess the he dindunuffin crowd can put his face on a t shirt..
edit on 4-9-2022 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe the CTE made him do it?

a reply to: MountainLaurel

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Awesome now we won't waste tax dollars locking him up

But that's half the fun.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I love me some concealed carry as much as the next person, but if I'm going to shoot somebody I like them to know that they've been shot.

This guy isn't going to be sucker punching anyone else, but he's also not going to be playing hide the soap with the other convicts in the showers like he rightfully should.

"kneecapping" ??

No CCW permit holder in their right mind would attempt to "kneecap" someone, for a variety of reasons.

The "rightful" outcome arguably transpired here, but that is to be determined legally.

Thankfully, though, the defendant knew enough not to attempt "knecapping" his attacker, which would've been about the worst choice to make in that situation.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah, shooter is going to be effed in court.
He was already out the door and turned back to shoot him.
Retaliation, not defense.
Not that he didn't deserve it, he hit him in the head from behind.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Awesome now we won't waste tax dollars locking him up

But that's half the fun.

This was the best outcome. 1 less pos.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Yeah that was straight murder.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Think I agree with this. Shooter pretty much nullified any notion of justification by showing he was able to retreat out the door, which he could've continued doing and left the scene, as the attacker didn't seem to be pursuing.

No sympathy for the attacker in my book, but I hope the shooter has a good attorney.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Honestly should be given a taking out the trash award with a parade a ceremony and possibly some punch and pie.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The point of concealed carry is to eliminate the threat, not to wound the threat so they "know they were shot". That opens you up to so much more liability and lawsuits.

If it comes to the point of drawing your firearm for self defense, you are stopping the threat, not temporarily postponing it. It's about defense and self preservation, not about sending a message of "you F'ed up, try to not do it again".

But as to the point of the self defense, if the attacker was retreating then it wasn't so much of a justified shooting.

As Network Dude said "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" definitely applies here.

edit on 4-9-2022 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good news on a Sunday morning. As already cited, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I don't feel at all bad for the dead man. He asked for it.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   

did he have the right to kill this man will be a court decision, but the most important rule of gun safety is never point your weapon at something you do not intend to destroy. Shooter shot one time, center mass. And for the bonus, there is one less dickface on the planet today.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

This is the real world, not an action movie.

You kneecap somebody, they don't get back up and chase after you. They're down.

Plus, this case took place in Illinois, not Texas. If you fatally shoot somebody who is threatening you, but who is unarmed, you can still be put on trial for it. You might well win, but the legal cost alone could bankrupt you.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Hopefully he goes for jury trial. I personally would be a not guilty on this trial. Sick of thugs!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join