It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to charge well owners to use their own water

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jarsue97
a reply to: interupt42

Unfortunately, California's full tard tends to spread to other parts of the country.

That is the WHoLE problem for sure. Too bad they don't have the Vegas rule for their ideas and their people lol. I don't know where California's ideas or people have made things better ANYWHERE. They should be treated like an invasive species.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: incoserv

Again, I see this more as a "boot on the throat" move than a revenue generator.

There are ways around this, and country folks know how to do it.

You mean ...

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Solid gold carbon credits are cool.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

If you have to stop what you are doing to have to engage with beurocrats, then shouldn't that time be compensated for at a fair and equitable rate? Most of this is time-wasting, but if they had to pay you to engage they might think twice with regards to trivia. In this user pay age, it works both ways.
edit on 3-9-2022 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A county here in nc did that to a buddy of mine a few years ago while he was at work they showed up and told his wife they were there to check the well when he got home she told him about it and sure enough there was a meter on it so he removed the meter and carried it back to them and replied he paid to have well drilled and owned hi property which was seven. Miles outside of town with no water main on road in front of his property and told them to stay off his land. They tried to tell him he broke lithe county ordinances by messing with their equipment .as far as I know he told them to get bent

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonah1970

A county here in nc did that to a buddy of mine a few years ago while he was at work they showed up and told his wife they were there to check the well when he got home she told him about it and sure enough there was a meter on it so he removed the meter and carried it back to them and replied he paid to have well drilled and owned hi property which was seven. Miles outside of town with no water main on road in front of his property and told them to stay off his land. They tried to tell him he broke lithe county ordinances by messing with their equipment .as far as I know he told them to get bent

My town wants to impose pet license fee. Nobody can tell me what it is for so I won’t pay it.
We don’t have animal control. The only thing the lady could answer is that it is so you have rabies shot for your pet, I asked her how does a fee control that, if anything that is money toward a fee and not the rabies shot.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonah1970

He should have sent them a bill for the time and labor required to remove the meter. Requiring payment in a reasonable time, if by that time no payment was forthcoming, civil legal action should have been taken, then send a debt collection agency after the guy that signed off on it. They would be so tied up with red tape that they would be hamstrung.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Another reason why I don't like California, and I have discouraged many people from moving there. Still waiting for this cancer to fall off.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

this probably is not a "tax grab".it sounds like the starting move to take control of those private wells, so they can take all the water.

that is typical California, they live right beside the biggest water reservoir in the world, one that everyone is whining about having too much water. yet they constantly hatch plans to steal water from pretty much everywhere else on the contanent (including wanting to pipe water from the gret lakes to use in California.

they will never stop trying, until forced to stop it forever. if they need water, and of course so people living in a desert means they need water, a problem made far worse by allowing people in California to grow major water usage crops, thus wasting far more water than ever. they need to just build desalination plants, and they would have all the water their evil little hearts desire.

posted on Sep, 4 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

this probably is not a "tax grab".it sounds like the starting move to take control of those private wells, so they can take all the water.

that is typical California, they live right beside the biggest water reservoir in the world, one that everyone is whining about having too much water. yet they constantly hatch plans to steal water from pretty much everywhere else on the contanent (including wanting to pipe water from the gret lakes to use in California.

they will never stop trying, until forced to stop it forever. if they need water, and of course so people living in a desert means they need water, a problem made far worse by allowing people in California to grow major water usage crops, thus wasting far more water than ever. they need to just build desalination plants, and they would have all the water their evil little hearts desire.

How does California have 100 billion for high speed rail? And ignore the need for desalination?

Joy for environmentalists as California blocks bid for $1.4bn desalination plant
Poseidon Water sought to turn seawater into drinking water but activists said plan would devastate ecosystem on Pacific coast

Fri 13 May 2022 07.47 EDT

A bunch of loons.

posted on Sep, 7 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Seems like a public health initiative.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join