It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory energy rationing comes to Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Who thought we would ever see this kind of thing in America?

Energy Company Shuts Down Access to Home Thermostats During 90 Degree Heat Wave in Denver

Last week, thousands of people in the Denver area found that they were not able to turn on their air conditioning. Their smart thermostats had been remotely disabled! Some people were reporting temperatures as high as 88F (31C) inside their homes!

My first thought upon reading this was, they'll totally do something like this with people's smart cars. One day, people in California will wake up to find that their electric cars won't charge, because the state has declared an "energy emergency." If it gets really bad, they might even drain cars' batteries to provide extra power to the grid! It's totally possible -- some electric & hybrid cars have advertised being able to use the vehicle as a power source.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Your thread title is deceiving. People who had their home thermostats frozen were voluntarily participating in a rebate program with the local power company.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
"COVID" style authority tested and trued 🤐

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Opt out, or worst case, get rid of the smart thermostat.

That's why I kept my original one, just in case

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Test for future power rationing when electric car charging overloads the whole country !!!🤐

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I wonder if any of the local politicians or energy company executives will turn off the AC when it's 90° out?

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

power company wanted me to sign up for their remote control of my hot water and AC, i told them no one will ever get my permission to control my sh@@.

but you'll save money, i said i know how to turn stuff off and on when i need to save money

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Same

It's also not hard to just turn it on manually

I saw this kinda thing coming it won't be "forced" you just will have to pay 10$ a kwh or agree to let them control your power usage it's optional that way
edit on 1-9-2022 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Alex Jones literally said they would do this stuff with those smart thermostats

roflmao

No wonder they gotta deperson Senpai.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

They need to start with disabling the Air conditioning in Government buildings.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

Same

It's also not hard to just turn it on manually

I saw this kinda thing coming it won't be "forced" you just will have to pay 10$ a kwh or agree to let them control your power usage it's optional that way

Sure totally optional. Comply or we will bankrupt you through your energy bill. Totally cool. /S

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

They tried to offer that to me, NO WAY.
When it is the hottest or coldest is exactly when I want to use the most energy. It’s so stupid really.
I do have time of use for my electric bill and I do laundry after 7 which I do anyways so that works well but there is no limit to it. It just encourages people to use things during off hours.

Sidebar
I’ve lived in Colorado twice (not by choice) I really dislike it there.
Lots of people absolutely love that state, I don’t get it.

To me it is a very depressing place, it has a vibe I don’t enjoy.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

power company wanted me to sign up for their remote control of my hot water and AC, i told them no one will ever get my permission to control my sh@@.

but you'll save money, i said i know how to turn stuff off and on when i need to save money

I agree with you here, it's a bad idea to let them control your hot water and AC. They will act in their best interest, not yours.
edit on 01pmThu, 01 Sep 2022 16:23:02 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
Your thread title is deceiving. People who had their home thermostats frozen were voluntarily participating in a rebate program with the local power company.

Most things that are mandatory started out being voluntary.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"The best way to exercise extreme authority is to get them to volunteer"

--sumdung deepit 😎

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Where di you get your info?
It says in his link

Residents in Colorado were surprised this week when they were unable to adjust the smart meters in their own home.

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Where di you get your info?
It says in his link

Residents in Colorado were surprised this week when they were unable to adjust the smart meters in their own home.

A different source from earlier today.

therightscoop.com...
edit on 9/1/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Voluntary today. Mandatory tomorrow.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You know , it's seems Odd to me that ONLY Blue States Controlled by Liberal Democrats seem to have a Problem with Keeping Infrastructure Running Smoothly in their States due to Bad Governance .There are Exceptions though . Take my State of New Jersey for Instance . A State that is Described as Blue with a Democrat Governor and a State Legislature Dominated by a Democrat Majority . A Densely Populated State with the Highest Tax Rate in the Country , but All seems Well here Right Now for some Reason . Gas is Reasonably Priced , and Absolutely No Shortages in Food or Energy . I have often Wondered Why that is , and I came to Realize it is Because the Democrats here are Really FAKE Liberals and Know Most of the People in this State are Middle of the Road Independent Voters who Vote whichever the way the Wind Blows at any given Moment . If N.J. Ever tried to do what the State of Colorado is doing Right Now , there would be Blood in the Streets and the Dems in my State Know that for a Fact so they stay Moderate in their Liberalism for the Sake of staying in Power . That won't Last Forever and they know that to so they Don't Push the People To Much just to Keep Things Calm for their Own Good . A Tolerable Liberal State ? Is there even Such a thing ? .........

edit on 1-9-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It should be getting pretty obvious to just about anything with a pulse that the obscenely stupid charge toward EV's in every home is simply not feasible. We can't meet our energy needs now. Imagine the state of things when every home in the country has at least one EV in the garage trying to charge enough to get people to work the next day.

Anyone still on board with this administration and its imbecilic ideology? I would like to know who and why...
edit on 1-9-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join