It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critics Roast Energy Secretary For Telling Poor People To Buy Solar Panels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OK. I am sure we have some leftist government types here. My kids are poor as dirt. How do they get all this so called free stuff which I highly doubt exists. I think this is pure BS.

They are so clueless that they think everyone who isn't dirt dirt poor can just go buy an electric car and 10's of thousands in solar panels. Insanity. I really do hope the GOP makes campaign adds with this crap.

“If you are low income, you can get your home entirely weatherized through the expansion from the bipartisan infrastructure laws, a significant expansion — you don’t have to pay for anything,” she said, adding, “”If you want heat pumps, insulation, new windows, that is covered,”

So, again. Please direct me to where my kids can get all this free stuff for their house please

www.dailywire.com/news/energy-sec-granholm-families-should-use-ev-tax-credits-weatherize-their-homes-finance-solar-panels-to-cope-with-inflation

Critics absolutely roasted Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm after she suggested that lower to middle class Americans could fight the rising cost of living by investing thousands in solar panels and other green energy initiatives.

But as critics quickly pointed out, people who were struggling to feed their kids or wondering how they’d afford the gas to get to work were not just waiting on a 30%-off sale to make the jump to solar — they were just doing what they could to get by.

“GOP just needs to run ad after ad of Granholm telling the poors to buy solar panels and electric cars to save money,” Erick Ericksen tweeted.

“If you’re poor, Tim Ryan will give you 30 percent off the price of solar panels. They won’t keep you warm this winter but they are made in China, so there’s that,”

RNC Rapid Response Director Tommy Pigott added, “Perfect of example about how Democrats don’t care about rising costs, only their Green New Deal. Food is rising at the fastest pace since 1979 and Biden’s response is to push you to buy solar panels.”

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Granholm was a completely useless disaster when she was governor of Michigan.
And like all Democrats in positions of power now, she parlayed that uselessness into a nice, cushy cabinet position courtesy of the King of Uselessness, Joe Biden.
The Democrats hate America and all American citizens including their own bumbling supporters.
They peddle this climate change bullsh!t and their green energy initiatives that will destroy this country.
edit on 21-8-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

But where do I call to get the free work crews out to install new windows, insulation and heat pumps?

You don’t have to pay for anything,” she said,

Where is the 800 number to schedule the appointments?
edit on 21-8-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I actually heard Biden saying it last week. Talking about all the tax credits to make solar and electric more affordable. I guess it could have been reruns cause I only glimpsed at the tv while passing through but I thought for sure it was a recent tape.

The one thing about tax credits is you have to actually pay up front and then send in all the paperwork to get your 'credit'. Aaaaaand, many poor people have sucky credit so they can't even borrow the money. And a tax 'credit' is simply that.

Filing requirements for the solar tax credit

To claim the credit, you must file IRS Form 5695 as part of your tax return. You'll calculate the credit on Part I of the form, and then enter the result on your 1040.

If in 2021 you end up with a bigger credit than you have income tax due — a $3,000 credit on a $2,500 tax bill, for instance—you can't use the credit to get money back from the IRS. Instead, you can carry the credit over to the following tax year.

I'm sure it's similar for an EV purchase and the year is irrelevant.

So you get to carry a 'credit' for any future taxes owed to the IRS. Another thing, poor people often get refunds so they would NEVER EVER EVER EVER see any benefit from this whole program.

Quite frankly, Solar and EV's are so far out of my league it's quite laughable. I make less than 25k/year so......c'mon Biden. Make my solar panels and EV happen. Let's see you do some majic.

edit on 21-8-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: RazorV66

But where do I call to get the free work crews out to install new windows, insulation and heat pumps?

You don’t have to pay for anything,” she said,

Where is the 800 number to schedule the appointments?

There isn’t any and even if there was, you would probably have to cut through so much red tape, it wouldn’t be worth it.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's a trick be careful and be afraid. Be very afraid 🦴🦮

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I expect nothing less from the witch who governed my state for a stretch.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
warning: she's fingernails on a chalkboard

edit on Aug-21-2022 by xuenchen because: bzzzzzzz🦴🦮

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I saw a solar panels on houses in South Phoenix Arizona that cost more than the houses they were constructed on top of.

How did those poor families afford them?

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

oh, did you get a new governor?????

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Paying for them for 25 years

I just got a quote for 88k 300 a month for 25 years told them to go jump off a bridge

And the 26% off is on your taxes for 5 years if you don't owe that in 5 years you won't get it so low income families won't see much if anything

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Granholm and Whitmer are cut from the same cloth, a musty, moth eaten Democrat cloth.
Hopefully this Tudor Dixon can beat Whitmer but she wasn’t my first choice.
I liked James Craig, the former Detroit police chief but they cheated him off the ballot because of signatures or something like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Your taking this all wrong

"Those solar panels can be financed, so you don't have to have the big outlay at the front" ~ Granholm

Just what the struggling middle class needs; another Bill with interest.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I saw a solar panels on houses in South Phoenix Arizona that cost more than the houses they were constructed on top of.

1) Credit .
2) Used to be , if one lived in a popular area , you got a big discount if one allowed the company to put signs in your yard .(advertisement)

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Don't solar panels and the batteries needed to use them have to be replaced at less than 10 years?

35 year financing is not going to work at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

1) Credit .
2) Used to be , if one lived in a popular area , you got a big discount if one allowed the company to put signs in your yard .(advertisement)

Leasing solar panels is also a means to get them with out paying for them. You shift your electric bill from the traditional provider to the solar panel company. Most times you also lock yourself into a payment agreement that is not in your favor.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Granholm and Whitmer are cut from the same cloth, a musty, moth eaten Democrat cloth.
Hopefully this Tudor Dixon can beat Whitmer but she wasn’t my first choice.
I liked James Craig, the former Detroit police chief but they cheated him off the ballot because of signatures or something like that.

moth eaten and flea bitten and mange infested 😀

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   

The flow of technology isn't anywhere near to common folk to utilize solar panels and EVs... I've been saying it for a while now, EVs are going to be one of the biggest flops of all time and it's only going to create more class division.

The solar panel thing, not even going to go there, even when you do get them, the government just takes the electricity and cuts your bill down a bit.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

So in AZ, it's a bit different.

The average cost of solar panels in Arizona is about $16,020 with average prices ranging from $13,188 to $19,153 $3.15 per watt in the US for 2022 according to multiple sources. This estimated cost is based on installing an average sized 5 kW (5000 watt) solar system and before deducting the 30% Federal tax credit, 10% State tax credit, and other incentives.

30% Federal Tax Credit = deduct $4,806
$1,000 Arizona Solar Tax Credit = deduct $1,000

The average cost of solar panels in Arizona after deducting solar tax credits and rebates is around $10,214. This solar cost estimate is based on installing a 6 kilowatt (6,000 watts) solar system. According to Energy Sage, “As of 2018, the average cost for solar panels in the state of Arizona is $2.67 per watt. Since the average system size in the U.S. is 6 kilowatts (6,000 watts), the average cost of a solar panel system in AZ is $16,020 before any federal or local incentives“.

As of July 2021, the average cost of solar panel installation in the state of Arizona is $2.54 per watt. Since the average solar system size in Arizona is 5 kilowatts (5,000 watts), the average cost of a solar panel system in AZ is $12,700 before any federal or local incentives according to EnergySage.

So that's pretty cheap actually. I would do it if I lived in AZ. But I don't. And my electric bill runs about 3k a year. $40.00 of each month ($480) is for the privilege of having their poles and lines on my property for me to use to access their overpriced electricity rates.

posted on Aug, 21 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
When I bought my home with a loan the Government told me it was a good invention because they would allow me to claim the interest as a deduction on my federal taxes ... until they changed their minds about that.

Now they want me to buy solar panels and tell me its a great investment because I can sell my excess production back to the electric company... until they change their minds about that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join