It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avi Yemini on why Kids are fatter these days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You couldn't write this and sell it as a story, but here we are..

I present to you Avi, confounded as to this headline...

I swear, this world is damned. Find whatever god you believe in and pray we see this crap through...

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

The article is a bit silly but basically comes down to ; kids need to excercise more in a hotter world to overcome obesity.

But i think we could do alot more to reduce pollution. Banning plastic bags for one. May be a bit off topic though.

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Why are people getting so fat?

When I was a kid and even a teenager, you had to get up and turn the channel on the TV...no remotes....now it has even gotten worse, you don't even have to get up to look for the remote, just tell alexia or Hey google to turn the channel. Those boxes can even turn the lights for you, you don't have to get up for that. You can order a pizza and have it delivered, no need to get the pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven to heat....that is so much work like all cooking is.

Then there is the exercise of doing the dishes, heck, the dishwasher means you can take the few dishes you do make and stick them in there to do once a week so you don't have to get so tired doing dishes after eating, more time to go play on your phone. Now you don't even have to go walk around in the stores to get groceries, just get the app and have what you want delivered, they will even scan your phone to get the payment....no need to look for your wallet, that is so much work.

People cannot even turn the key in the car lock or ignition anymore.....that was so much work. Also, if your car is equipt, no need to watch the road, automatic braking on cars is so nice, no need to think, let technology does all the thinking, the brain uses so much energy when you use it.....that requires extra ordering from the donut shop to have donuts delivered.

And that pesty regular oven to reheat things, it takes so long, you have to make two trips to get your reheated take out food.

Heck, they even make small refrigerators to put on the side of your couch, why waste the energy to get a soda out of the fridge in the kitchen when you can have a fridge everywhere nowadays. It is a lot of work to twist off the cap of the bottled water from that fridge next to the recliner which is now electric so you don't have to pull a lever, soon the phone will be able to adjust the recliner too.

Even making coffee, why make a full pot then have to reheat it in the microwave, too much time away from the sofa...just put one of those coffee pots that make one cup on the end table to make you one cup of coffee when needed.

It is not only kids, it is adults. I remember when most people changed their own oil in their cars, and when they washed their cars with a hose and bucket instead of taking it through a car wash where you don't even have to get out of your car to even pay anymore, that can be done by them scanning the phone...or even better, just call for an uber and no car washing necessary.

I have to quit typing, my fingers are getting too much exercise, need to get the voice recognition software installed so I don't even have to type.

join