It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Going After The Pedophiles And Abusers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hope the feds do a better job than this….
www.cnn.com...

Seems the fbi is pretty crap these days…..

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

This is excellent.

But for gods sake throw us a bone, go after the other side of the political spectrum, just once!

People are people, left or right, there’s evil bastards on both sides.

Why is one side getting a pass? Wake up people.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Haha, I'm not as radical as you think. I was raised a sheltered youngest daughter in an Italian family, surrounded by older brothers.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ugh right? Totally ridiculous and angering! Fingers crossed on this one.
edit on 12-8-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Sorry Frogs, my post wasn’t singling you out specifically.

It was just a mini rant about the general state of things at the moment.

Just looking for a little equità.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:09 PM
link   

...Guidepost released its findings in May in a nearly 300-page report detailing a pattern of SBC leaders dismissing reports of abuse and survivors' calls for change...

Anybody else notice, this kind of behavior is SOP™ for all large Organizations™ ?

Be it Government™, Corporations™, Institutions™, whichever.

They have all of these warm and fuzzy Mission-Statements™, Declarations™ of Zero-Tolerance-Policies™, Inclusivity-Equality-and-Diversity-Statements™, etc...

Yet when something first pops-up : the Management's first reaction is to try to bury it.

When it gets too big : then they Deny-Deny-Deny™.

They force the accusers to go through painful months, or years, of struggling, and trying to mount a defense.
The supposed victims need to scramble to mount their defense, endless meetings, gathering documents, seeking testimonials, legal-fees, forced to relive their story time-and-time again, not to mention financial duress.

They fight it tooth-and-nail, all of the way.

Yet we give them the benefit of the doubt ?
Not me ...

After all of that : the Organization™ makes them a take-it-or-leave-it offer.

It's only Business™ after-all, right ?

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

You are correct. I think it all boils down to their bottom line, be it finances, reputation, whatever. They do what they need to keep it all flowing, screwing over everyone else in the meantime. Some of course have cultures of abuse that just keeps going on in each generation because there's never a consequence for it. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Finally Going After The Pedophiles And Abusers

Are they going after those big ones though?
edit on 12-8-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I would give a lot more credit for this if they hadnt shut down the programs the previous administration had in place to go after human traffickers as well.

This is purely politics (Note I am not defending pedo's I think they should all be buried alive under the prisons) it has nothing to do with actually getting pedos, churches are being a pain the butt they must be brought to heel and accusing everyone of something this heinous is an easy way to remove their clout.
edit on 12-8-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They only go after the big ones if all the check boxes tick off correctly.

If it will cause political or financial harm or hurt the wrong reputations they are left alone.

a reply to: vNex92

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Nothin

You are correct. I think it all boils down to their bottom line, be it finances, reputation, whatever. They do what they need to keep it all flowing, screwing over everyone else in the meantime. Some of course have cultures of abuse that just keeps going on in each generation because there's never a consequence for it. That's my opinion anyway.

Just me guessing about stuff unknown :

When one considers those properties : would it not be normal to approach all of these Organizations™ with extreme skepticism ?

George Carlin said something about how when two businessmen had a meeting : the first thought in their heads was that the other guy was trying to screw him to the max, and so the other businessman also approached the meeting with the same attitude. ( Paraphrased. )

Like all great comedy : it exposes an ugly side of our society, that makes us uncomfortable to consider.

It is said, but not known by me : that a Corporation's™ Charter™ obliges it to make the absolute most profit possible, whatever the means.

But we can see many Foundations™, Institutions™, NGOs™, and Governments™ : have adopted this management style as well.

One paying attention at that level, may start to notice wide patterns, and begin to scratch their heads ...

Would one be Paranoid™ to use extreme caution, whenever dealing with these inhuman entities ?

Yet when we interact with them : it is always US who are scrutinized, and need to prove our Identities™, and Qualifications™ ?

Like we're the bloody untrustable ones ?

Is it not obvious, why many totally distrust Churches™, Clergy™, and all manner of the other Institutions™ ?

Fool me once : shame on you.

Fool me twice : why you're a frickin dishonest lying sonova bitch, aren't ya ?

edit on 13-8-2022 by Nothin because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2022 by Nothin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
It's about time. The DOJ announced they are investigating the Southern Baptist Convention. The SBC recently released a report. There were cases of sexual abuse reported, from adult pastors to youth pastors. For decades. They covered it up.
(snip)
It's about time. The abuse in churches has been unchecked for far too long.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was a member of the Baptist church back in the late 60's, and quit shortly afterward.

The allegations of coverups and abuse doesn't surprise me, given a lot of what was going on even back then. Much later, when I worked with several police departments to put the lists of sexual offenders online, it was ...interesting... to see how many of them were church leaders. Not everyone, mind you, but at the very minimum 2 in 100 were Christian ministers.

And it wasn't just women who were abused. Children of both sexes were involved.

They've been in denial about this for a very long time and there's been a huge pushback among the leaders about dealing with these issues. I had thought that the Church itself might deal with it, so it's interesting that the DOJ stepped in here.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I would give a lot more credit for this if they hadnt shut down the programs the previous administration had in place to go after human traffickers as well.

This is purely politics (Note I am not defending pedo's I think they should all be buried alive under the prisons) it has nothing to do with actually getting pedos, churches are being a pain the butt they must be brought to heel and accusing everyone of something this heinous is an easy way to remove their clout.

Speaking as a former member of the church, it's nothing to do with "churches being a pain" but rather that it has existed, it was very common, and many MANY of us knew it. The position of women in the church was "shut up and go fix dinner like a good little woman and don't question the men." Which means that if you told higher-ups in the church that a pastor had molested your child, you and the child would be prayed over and nothing would be done to the man.

Seriously. Since the sixties and before.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

These two little churches are only two snowflakes to greater iceberg that is the child sex trafficking corporation.

This is not just two little churches. The SBC covers many churches, and has been helping the pastors cover up their abuses for a very long time. And we all know how widespread the Catholic churches abuses are.

That said, I do agree the they need to go after the worldwide pedo rings without leaving this undone.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes I agree. Nothing to do with churches "being a pain". There are good people in good churches who do a lot for people and the community. However, there are those that are aware of the abuses, they hide it, deny it, pray over the abuser and victim and move the abuser on to do it somewhere else. With no consequences.

And as noted with SBC, it was both adults and children.

I also agree they should go after all levels of abusers or rings.

This has really been known for a long time about some church organizations. I'm not sure how it will play out, but maybe it will wake some up to start handling the accusations in their own churches or organizations seriously.

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I grew up in the Southern Baptist faith. I will skip past all of the hypocritical actions that I saw from the good, "Christian" people and get to how the church leaders were trying to tell our parents who my teenage cousins and I should marry. That was about the time that my entire extended family stopped going to church.
edit on 13 8 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

thats exactly what should be happening, i saw the raw data that came out of that could hack of hunters a few weeks ago, I went through most of it, and its CLEAR he was having sex with under age girls, and he was sending the sht to his father

HOW IN THE HELL they arent running raids on Hunter right now and investigating Pedo Pete is not for lack of evidence, it just proves the DOJ is bought out by the highest bidder

posted on Aug, 13 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: optimisticcontrarian
a reply to: YouSir

thats exactly what should be happening, i saw the raw data that came out of that could hack of hunters a few weeks ago, I went through most of it, and its CLEAR he was having sex with under age girls, and he was sending the sht to his father

HOW IN THE HELL they arent running raids on Hunter right now and investigating Pedo Pete is not for lack of evidence, it just proves the DOJ is bought out by the highest bidder

Chain of evidence.

"Stuff from the internet that they SWEAR is absolutely from Hunter's laptop"... how do you know it is? Somebody said so and dumped a bunch of stuff on bitchute? I could do that on my computer and tell you that it's Obama's and proves that Obama is actually a Furry.

That whole laptop story sounded fishy to me. Very fishy.

Law enforcement tends to be very cautious with evidence that suddenly shows up. If they accept it at face value and go after someone on that basis, they'll get into all sorts of trouble because they can't prove it's genuine evidence.

The fact that the guy reported it (and they would have had to check out his story) AND it got ignored by the law suggests that there was something very fishy about the whole thing in the first place. Trump's DOJ would be all over it like white on rice if there was something there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join