It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verification of a soul and abortion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   
First off just want to put out there I'm not highly religious in any way. I believe in God but also believe man has really screwed up the message. As a young 18 year old man when finding out my girlfriend was pregnant... First thing out my mouth was abortion! The abortion didn't happen and my daughter is one of my best friends 23 years later.
My question is this for those who are all about preservation of the right to abortion up until birth. If science was able to prove the existence of a soul through testing. Say it comes a week or a month after conception. If there was evidence of a soul in the life of the woman's belly (yes only women can have children) would you be ok with termination of the pregnancy?
Just curious about peoples thoughts on both sides actually.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BadRandy217

If there was evidence of a soul in the life of the woman's belly (yes only women can have children) would you be ok with termination of the pregnancy?

First off, I need to know if this "soul" is a brand spankin new soul, created from hot sweaty sex, or recycled soul, an old friend or a karmic enemy?

The abortion didn't happen and my daughter is one of my best friends 23 years later.

I'm pro-choice. My family didn't approve of my boyfriend/husband, and they did a lot more than just pressured me to get an abortion. My daughter is the light of my life. But they were pissed off at me and treated my daughter like trash until their dying days. So do the ones still alive.

If they ever wanted to use my future womb to continue their karmic war with me/us, I'd abort them.

edit on 3-8-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What is a "soul" exactly?

The Divine Spark of the Creator within a person?

No one has every really explained what the concept of the "soul" is.

If God is All Knowing, All Seeing and All Powerful, why would he endow a child he knew was going to be aborted with a soul?

Doesn't add up to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

If God is All Knowing, All Seeing and All Powerful, why would he endow a child he knew was going to be aborted with a soul?

Maybe God just wanted to give the innocent little guy a quick peek and heads up of what life on planet Earth is going to be like. Even when one grows up in a loving and accepting family, life is brutal.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Religion freaked out when some realized the Earth was not flat, can see a lot of resistance if a clearer definition of a soul and potential implications of an after life. Having a monopoly on the topic of God is lucrative.

Lot of theories around, lot in grey zone. For those on the satanic agenda, being mindful of the implications of their actions is not good for them. Once they are dead, they are dead so enjoying it while they can is their belief.

As for the rest of us, find out when that day happens. If something can be proved about the more spiritual aspects of life, it would shake a lot of things up. Maybe this is why there is such extreme pressure against the UFO/ET disclosure? If it was discovered that this universe is much more interconnected and interwoven than we realize it would just do a lot of people head in, at least in the short term as civilization comes to term with some hard realities.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I go with Gurdjieff on this one as explained by he Monty Python crew..

That’s right, yeah. I’ve had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and what we’ve come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One, people are not wearing enough hats. Two, matter is energy. In the Universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person’s soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man’s unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.
[Pause.]
Max: What was that about hats again?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

A "soul" could be scientifically defined as having the ability of individual thought.

If and when you can detect neurological behaviour, then at that point the baby, however primitive, IMO is experiencing thoughts, feelings and emotions of their own. Brain development starts at around 4 weeks, at that point you can sugar coat it anyway you like but you're destroying a conscious and unique human being.
edit on 4/8/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I like hypercritical's. I really do.

If a soul could be proven to exists inside a fetus.
If that soul was proven to have been created and put there by the christian god. Meaning god and heaven and hell would all have to be proven as well.
If all that happened and then that god came and told me personally, not through some humans interpretation of what other humans wrote in a book, but by the god itself. Then yes, I would be against abortion.
Do you think any of those hypothetical's are going to effect the way I feel about abortion? No, no they are not.

Now let me ask you a hypothetical.
If souls are proven to be real and they are shown to have gender. And that trans and gay people are proven to have souls within them that are different than their biological gender. Would that change how people (you) feel about trans and gay people?

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I believe souls are our spiritual energy. Everything has a soul and when our time comes it dissipates and is recycled.

So my view on abortion wouldn’t change, even if this was proven to be a scientific fact rather than belief.

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Every women I was with that had an abortion PREVIOUS TO US , had ptsd from it AND REGRETTED THEIR DECISION.I NEVER MET SOMEONE WHO PROUDLY DISPLAY3D THIER ABORTION , UNTIL I MET A WOMEN WHO TOLD ME THAT SHE AND OTHERS DID IT PURPOSEFULLY ,OUT OF SPITE FOR THE MAN THEY WRRE WITH. WICKED ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL IMO. AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH SO SHALL IT BE IN THE DAYS OF THE RETURN OF THE SON OF MAN.reply to: BadRandy217

new topics

top topics

join