It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of Living Protests

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Every day it seems a new country is joining the list. Italy, Albania, Sri Lanka, parts of China, Netherlands, on and on..

Protests against corruption. People have had enough. The story seems to be the same.
Rising prices on fuel and food and housing. It's too much all at once. The inablity for people to make a decent living. When you take away the basics people literally have nothing to lose.
Starvation is one of the biggest motivators.

I fear we are going to see similar things in the US if these prices don't settle down. I've seen numerous posts on social media regarding people and their lack of food. Lots of posts on how to stretch a meal and money.

At what point does this equal riots in the US? If I were a betting person I'd say we are getting close.

www.thereporteronline.com...

Morrisville Presbyterian Church has had a few new faces appearing at its doors lately, yet they’re not coming to worship or attend services. These are the faces of folks in financial crisis and in the process of seeking assistance to survive. These people are navigating a post-pandemic world, battling recent inflation, and coping with soaring food prices. Some are gainfully employed yet are reluctantly facing the harsh reality that their paycheck isn’t stretching as far as it used to and are now wondering how they’ll cover the cost of their next trip to the grocery store.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Nope.

The MSM will make sure everyone else has something to protest about. Abortion, someone getting killed by a cop somewhere. Distraction after Distraction.

When you see people having real protest about corruption, it will be far too late. They will be labled nazi tea baggers and arrested to the cheers of the Left.

It us all Russian or Right Wing Conspiracy non-sense. Of course, somehow Republicans, Christians or Foreign Agents are to blame for any hardship and any leftist protesters will be instructed to go target them instead.

I am pessimistic? Maybe

I have leftist contacts on facebook. Some examples are the Baby Formula issue - That was the Republicans fault because they blocked more money for the FDA (yeah, I am not joking). Same with about everything. If some Dem puts up a bill like the "All children Fed bill" that has nothing to do with feeding children but lines the pockets of special interests and the Republicans don't vote for it, they are now responsible for any children not fed.

I wish I were kidding but the Leftist sing this like a choir.
edit on 10-7-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

When you see people having real protest about corruption, it will be far too late. They will be labled nazi tea baggers and arrested to the cheers of the Left.

You might be right about that. I've noticed there isn't a lot of coverage on Sri Lanka. Perhaps they don't want to give people any ideas.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Panama:

twitter.com...

Germany

twitter.com...

China Bank Not Allowing Bank Withdrawl

twitter.com...

edit on 10-7-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Totally agree. Distract and divide. Argue about hot button issues ad infintum. They dont want compromise or both sides coming together. Villify the left. Villify the right. Hate on both sides so they forget that their pushing draconian measures and more war behind our backs.

Vote in the same ol' political swamp politicians because they support this or that hot button issue. It's really tiring.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Panama:

twitter.com...

Germany

twitter.com...

China Bank Not Allowing Bank Withdrawl

twitter.com...

I read all about China, crazy people can’t get their money.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   

They've been having riots, I mean peaceful destruction of property, in Portland for weeks now. I'm sure they couldn't agree on the reason why if they needed to.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Our parents, grandparents, and great grandparents put up with much worse for much longer than we have been inconvenienced.

We have lost not only our backbones, but our determination to succeed, or even to try.

In the not too distant past, when people found the foodstuffs they were accustomed to eating too scarce, or too expensive, they learned to eat other things that were available. Clams, scallops, lobster, acorns snails, seaweed, etc.

The result is not only dishes we now consider, in many cases, "gourmet", but in entire ethnic cuisine "staples".
edit on 10-7-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nothing like a good old fashioned bank run to bring the people together.

I just burned almost all of my cash buying a truck, and then all of my savings putting a down payment on a house... But I sure do wish I had a stash of USD going into this mess.
Guess I'll settle for black powder, lead, silver, and beans

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

edit on Sun Jul 10 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   

How much more will economies need to tank before we own nothing and are finally happy?

The little gnomes must be working overtime behind the scenes to usher in the digital currency.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If the new hunter biden leaks dont get addressed I fear youre going to see them fairly soon, especially with the diesel and food issues

Things feel like they are coming to a head fairly quickly

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There was a big protest here in Australia earlier this year. Somewhere between 1/2 - 2 Million people from all around the nation descended on Canberra over all the covid issues going on. The police responded by closing down all the camping sites, forcing people to move on. The Feds responded by using Directed Energy Weapons on the people, lot of people got burns, sickness and other injuries.

The protests still went on for months, but at much reduced numbers.

Just a heads up on how the state could respond as a large mass of disgruntled citizens do start working together.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I spent about $500 on cam sites last week. I spend that pretty every week lately. Im not wealthy at all but I do have my own place, a job and I have no family.

The best advice I could give you guys is to get rid of your family if you have one. You will save a fortune. You will have so much hooker money you wont know what to do with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
All through the Trump administration the MSM focused on the 'mostly peaceful' protests- all against conservative views. The only protests the news shows us now is the liberal agenda ones.

How are thousands of people getting to these protests at the price gasoline is at? I'm thinking Soros money again.

I'd like to think the silence and inaction from Republican politicians is because they have a counter plan, and are playing the 'long game', but my gut tells me they're onboard with the current plan.

We already know R v W will be the main campaign talking point for liberals leading up to November; will the conservatives run a counter campaign in earnest, or just a bunch of piddly issues to ensure a Democratic sweep?

I'm seeing constant news coverage for our Democratic senate candidate locally, but only one Republican campaign ad so far. DC desperately needs checks and balances, but my hopes are beginning to wain.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I work at my tiny local convenience store now. I've been here only a few months, but already have had to increase pricing on most items, like chips, soda, ice cream, milk eggs, pretty much ALL of it. People (my customers) are now starting to realize this.

I do most of my grocery shopping at a restaurant supply place, which is also seeing these shortages happen regularly now. This is just the beginning IMO.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I see the overwhelming majority of people just bending over and taking it.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I see the overwhelming majority of people just bending over and taking it.

Most of those who are not taking it are signing up to dish it out. It astounds me how obvious it is there are truly evil people behind the scenes, yet how willing people are to join forces with them. It's exactly like the pre-war Nazi Germany. But we can't even bring that up any more without everyone having a meltdown, and cancelling people. People have the mindset that it's better to be the devils right hand than face his wrath. But the devil will turn on them all once their usefulness has passed. If I am still around when that happens, I will show them all the empathy and sympathy they have shown me, and others like me. Absolutely none.

top topics

join