It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned Gas Station Attendants sn2022 non writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
El's work crew had finished construction on this gas station in record time.

The attendants had all been trained by his very best.

What's this then?

Had it been so long?

He barely spotted the signs in the inky black.

The markers leading to the pumps were all faded.

The few pumps left standing were all in disrepair.

Where were those damn attendants?

El let his flying saucer hover over one of the refueling pyramids for a minute longer.

Finally losing patience he zoomed off.

He better have more luck at the next station.

Damn those insubordinate attendants.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Reduced word count

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Reduced word count further

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Removed and from begining of 2nd sentence.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Punctuation fixed by adding a question mark.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Used stronger wording for second sentence made it a statement as well.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Ok I like it better this way as a question. Aaaarrrrgggg.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Woo hoo 98 words and title is fixed! Fin done complete I will edit no more

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Ok ok I lied I had to do something about that maybe in the 2nd to last sentence

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: Last one I swear I mean what kind of gas station has only one sign

edit on 6-6-2022 by Stevenmonet because: What's this had to be capitalized and I'm officially an editor now congrats.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

What an excellent twist Steve. Developed quickly and then ''smack'' in the face'' with the revelation.
It was like opening a familiar old door and finding a whole new world on the other side. If I had a vote, this one should be highly considered by the judges.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thank you, I think I'm done editing it finally too.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Very nice!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I run into that as well, but that's good I guess. You put it up and read it and always finding things to say better. On yours, the only thing that stuck out to me that might have been better would have been to switch the ''flying saucer'' to something more saucier, or less saucier depending on how one wants to look at it, to like say, ''intergalactic sportster'' or ''trans-dimensional motor home''

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I almost did that, then decided I liked the idea of El being in a flying saucer just like the old hub cap on a string from old black and white films my mind gets taken to every time I think of a UFO.

I thought of using toth as my characters name but decided El was less on the nose, but familiar enough to click later.

Old El or Elohim as he is formally known. Ha I even thought of having the station be named o-him but couldn't figure it with the word limit and all.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

"Oh Hell. The time dilation device is on the blink again."

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

El should definitely get that checked by the attendants at the next station. I here it's only a few light years down the old galactic highway.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Very amusing!

I think. El needs to sort out his Human Resources Dept.

I believe one final edit was needed... The END...

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Once I saw I had two words left I thought of adding that too. Figured I'd save the extra two words in case I misscounted. Us gas station attendants aren't very good at counting to 100. At least not without a few mistakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet2

"The End" is always required at the end of your story in these contest... and in this particular one, it doesn't count towards the 100 words limit.

edit on 6/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Great now it's too late. All I can do is hope for leniency.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Want to say thanks for your story

You need to go in the The Official ATS Short Story Contest Thread and post a link back here to this story to be eligible. This is how were able to keep track and make it easier for the ATS Membership to promptly go to your story After that... your all good to go!

... and Good Luck in the Contest
Johnny

new topics

top topics

join