It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview questions for gang member interview.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have a new interview coming up on my podcast.
This one is going to be pretty interesting.

The original idea behind my podcast was to revolve around stories from people who grew up like my cohost and I, who didnt have a positive role model, nor father figure in life.
And how they overcame challenges and became the person they are now.
Although we have drifted off from that original idea so we could continue to build an audience.

My guest - who I will leave nameless for now, is a verified and well known Hoover Crip gang member.
He spent a total of 10 years in jail, between youth offender camps and the state penitentiary.

Now, his story could of ended here.
A majority of people end up treating prison like a revolving door.
They become institutionalized.
The longer they stay in jail, the harder it becomes for them to reintegrate into society after their sentence.

He did what he had to do to survive in jail. Most people in prison say when I get out im going to better my life.
I doubt there's many people who have a release date that say once I get out im gonna screw up again.

But once he got out, he vowed to change his life around and he is one of those who actually did.

Its true for the most part that once your in a gang, your not getting out, until your dead.
However, there's nothing saying you cant become a positive influence on those around you.

My guy has used his notoriety to help the youth in his area choose a different path rather than gang life and to better the environment he grew up in.

He started a boxing club for gang members and at risk youth.
To not only help keep them off the streets and to learn structure and discipline. But also if it came down to it, to use fists, rather than shooting and killing each other.
He donates money to families victimized by gang violence and to help give them a second chance.

He isn't perfect.
Old habits die hard and yes he has gotten in trouble since his release.
But him being a father now and reflecting on all the time wasted and guilt from hurting not only his family, but those around him, he does the best he can and is paying back society in every way available to him.

I was hoping to get some audience questions from you all to purpose to him during the interview.

It can be about his time in prison.
What he did to survive in there.
Fights with other gang members.
Gang life on the outside.
His motivation for turning it all around.
Anything else your interested in hearing about from him.

I hope to see some good ones from you all.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

What is his relationship now with his old gang and whatever local gangs that there may be in his neighborhood. Are they okay with him, as long as he stays in his lane, or his life constantly in danger?

What did he do? Did he run/sell drugs? Do bag man chores? Pimp?

What percentage of long term gang members are addicted to the drugs they deal?

Where can we listen to the Pod Cast?
edit on 5-6-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is this the guy who fought Mike Tyson ?

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Hey, those are all great questions!
Thank you for those.

The interview itself is being conducted this Tuesday.
So, it will probably be posted by next weekend.

Our Pod is called "The Broken Home Podcast"
Current episodes can be found on Spotify, Apple and Google Pods, our website brokenhomepod.ca and Youtube.

It gets uploaded to Spotify first, then all others shortly after that.

Here is a link to the youtube for the sake of ease.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Hahaha, No.
Although I would like to ask that guy what the hell he was thinking.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Ask him if he's familiar with sociopathy and what he had to do to overcome his own inherited sociopathic propensity that's associated with generational criminality.

⭐+🇺🇸

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting interview topic and cool he is willing to go on camera to talk about these kinds of things. Many gangs would take that as a threat for revealing insider info or being a snitch.

I spent 2 years locked up myself in Texas Penal System not including several years of my probation before being locked up so I have some common experiences as ur guest even though I was raised in upper middle class suburbs or houston.

My questions for your guest:

How was he able to overcome all of the stipulations placed on him by the state after his release from the penitentiary? Like parole supervision requirements, required class attendances, etc. Or did he complete his full sentence so therefore no supervised release?

How has he been able to stay out of the system with prior convictions on his record? Get pulled over for speeding, they run license, see u have priors and then begin then process of harassing you to give into a search of vehicle and all that bs simply because they feel priors basically give probable cause to violate ur rights of search and seizure.

What was his custody level while incarcerated? And how did he cope with the fact of being incarcerated?

reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: htxhardheads

Damn good questions!

I can shed light on one of them,
but ill still ask him so you can hear it direct and with much more depth.
The stipulations put on him were a set up for failure.
His only saving grace, as bad as this is going to sound, was that the state witness
ended up dying while my guy was in jail awaiting trial.

Ill leave it at that, and will allow him to fill in all the details.

Thanks again for those great questions!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Mac,

One question only.

How unique does he think his experience of stepping out of 'gang society' was? That is, it is knowledge or skills he can transfer to other people to allow them to do the same, or was it more a case of "right place / right time" that gave him a fleeting opportunity?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Seriously ask him this - The GangBangers in Training Day are Proud of this.

join