It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom . Have you Forgotten ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Lmao. Right. They did something right so well it has had to be amended several times.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

In my opinion, this is a sweet dream that allows you to soothe the pain of realizing that nothing can be changed in the United States.

And yet the Government is fighting so hard to ban firearms , Why because they care about dead children ? No it's because they are afraid of there own people and that is the way it should be . You call it a dream , well there seem to be some very real people actively trying to destroy said dream .

All your pistols and rifles are dangerous for the police, but not for the army. If the army is on the side of the government, then your weapons will not matter. The modern army has the ability to shoot from places that are far beyond the reach of small arms.

you assume the US Military would turn it's weapons on it's own people ..Perhaps you assume to much. People in the military are citizens they have families and homes , I think you would be hard pressed to get them to turn on there own.

And I also got the impression that the people of the United States are extremely divided. It is probably your government that maintains this state of society.

Well of course it's how they keep us under control , Racism blah blah blah it's all bull# .

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

One of the amendments was to block Blacks, Women and the Poor from Alcohol. And another was to keep bootleggers from avoiding taxes on income gained from illegal alcohol. Been a few about officeholders getting raises.

The first ten was to get the Constitution passed in the first place because the Articles required all 13 States to be unanimous to even decide what was for lunch.

And a quite a few amendments were power grabs to keep the Federal superior to the states like ending state representation by making Senators elected by popular vote rather than appointed by the state…thus Super Delegates and ended the bicameral legislature as both the House and Senate really are the same thing.

Age of majority lowered to 18…but keeps putting everything back to 21 that was originally 18 before voting was changed.

There are a couple clarification amendments that basically say the VP really is the next in line (Alexander Haig) and because we don’t want a VP to assassinate the President to take over (Hillary Clinton) the POTUS is gonna pick them rather than holding Jungle Elections (California Primaries for Federal Offices as per selected districts like Nancy’s).

Oh and even Poor/Black people can vote even if they can’t or didn’t pay the poll tax…even though the Civil Rights Act also in 1964 covered that too.

And DC can vote since 1961 because Ike was a Republican that won two terms and that Two Term Cap means we can’t have a Democrat for life again like FDR.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Then there are Americans who hate other Americans and Americans who hate themselves for being Americans ....

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yep. Which is why I find it so odd that so many people think it's the most amazing thing ever.

I wonder how many people will still claim to support the Constitution if it gets amended to ban all or most private ownership of firearms or amends the free speech verbiage.

Hell, I know people who claim to be patriots who would love it if women and black people weren't able to vote again.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

you assume the US Military would turn it's weapons on it's own people ..Perhaps you assume to much. People in the military are citizens they have families and homes , I think you would be hard pressed to get them to turn on there own.

I will tell you a secret.

In all countries, military personnel are citizens of their country and they all have families and homes.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I love freedom! So I'm not sure why you all have a hard-on for Putin and other dictatorships. I'm also not sure why you all love banning books in classrooms, telling people who they can and cannot have sex with, or stop women from being in control of their own bodies. I guess that all just goes over your heads.

Sometimes I think Republicans view freedom as the right to tell others what they can or cannot do, which is NOT the point. But once again, I guess you aren't smart enough to figure that one out.

You sure it's just Republicans?

Which party supports:
- forced vaccination
- forced transition to green energy, EVs
- deciding how much meat you can eat
- gun confiscation
- censorship

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

That was really lame.

I mention something from the 1940's and you respond with gibberish about medieval Europe.

When, exactly, was "back then"? You seem to be referring to at least five different historical periods.

You concept of life "back then" is ridiculously off the mark for any time period, and is entirely dependent upon which time period you are referring to for the ones that are closer to the truth.

Blood letting, via incision or leeches, was typically performed in the middle ages. It did have some benefits but overall was not as effective as other methods that came into practice.

Your view of education is sadly lacking, in, ahem, education. People have been attending schools for centuries. In the absence of an actual school there were teachers who tutored students directly. In less affluent families people learned the family trade. You probably consider yourself better educated than someone from the middle ages. Do you think you could walk into a blacksmith shop and make a horse shoe? Could you weave blanket? Cobble shoes? Probably not...

Not everyone was a genius, and I never said they were. But they weren't a bunch of democrats either. (btw - its spelled genius) But they knew how to learn and were capable of teaching each other.

Slavery existed throughout every period in history and still exists today. Though today its mostly black people enslaving each other or middle eastern people enslaving whites. Women have been mistreated in the past but have also been in charge. It depends on where and when, which you are gloriously lacking in detail making your comments superfluous at best.

Yes, phrenology was used in colonial times. And at the same time Benjamin Franklin invented bifocals, the lightening rod, and the Franklin stove - all of which are still in use today.

The use of mercury was unfortunate and ended. Sterilizing medical tools was not common yet modern surgical practices such as trepanation were done successfully thousands of years ago. The idea they had little to no knowledge of bacteria and germs is just wrong. In fact, Nostradamus was successfully treating people during the black plague by removing sources of germs and bacteria. He was curing people of a plague that killed nearly 65% of Europe's population.

You thoughts on cleanliness and hygiene are blatantly wrong. Even in medieval times it was common for even peasants to wash their face and hands every morning. They washed their hands before and after eating. They cleaned their teeth with twig, usually Hazel, with cotton or wool on the end. Bathing involved soap and hair was washed in a mixture of lime and salt. Shaving was typically done once a week and most people visited the local barber since mirrors were rare and of poor quality.

People above peasants, in polite society, had a whole different set of rules to follow. Dining etiquette was as follows:

…and let your fingers be clean, and your fingernails well-groomed. Once a morsel has been touched, let it not be returned to the plate. Do not touch your ears or nose with your bare hands. Do not clean your teeth with a sharp iron while eating. It is ordered by regulation that you should not put a dish to your mouth. He who wishes to drink must first finish what is in his mouth. And let his lips be wiped first. Once the table is cleared, wash your hands, and have a drink.

As for sexually transmitted disease the two biggest were syphilis and gonorrhea, both of which still exist despite our knowledge of them and treatments and preventative measures. It seems like people today really aren't as smart as they used to be.

As for children, virtually everything you just described still happens to this day in the middle east.

I am sure you could go on and on, and perhaps if you did you might actually get something right.

And lastly, my comment referred to how smart people are, not their morality, mental maturity, or education. Education and intelligence are two different things. Someone can be educated and still be dumb as a box of hammers while another may be uneducated and capable of the greatest things. DaVinci comes to mind, having nothing resembling a modern education yet light years ahead of his time in virtually every respect.

But hey, that was "back then"...
edit on 3-6-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   

It is amazing because we can change the document rather than fight a war to effect change. Take a long look at the Articles of Confederation and then the Constitution to see how we changed and really made the people important enough to not be completely oppressed.

Imagine had there been a war over Brexit. The young didn’t want to leave the EU. Where would the US fall in honoring NATO agreement on attacks? Could have been a mess.

Look at the recent subject of gay marriage in the US, they considered placing man and woman only as an amendment at one point. I didn’t think the US was ready but then again there have been lynchings in my lifetime for…being black. I have seen that hate firsthand too.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

I will tell you a secret.

In all countries, military personnel are citizens of their country and they all have families and homes.

Thank you for that information

Let me tell you a secret , you suffer from a condition .

It's called ' You're not as smart as you think you are ' it's a terminal and untreatable condition that many people suffer from .

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Long range double tap
edit on 3-6-2022 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

...we are the last Citizenry that can overthrow there Government and I think this gives other nations hope, If they take that hope then the Earth will be Steam rolled with tyranny.

Nope, revolutionary forces have risen up in many parts of the word to overthrow their government, for better or for worse.

The 2A does not make the US special. Not saying I am against it but, honestly, revolutionary armies don't ask for or need permission to buy weapons.
edit on 3-6-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Nope, revolutionary forces have risen up in many parts of the word to overthrow their government, for better or for worse.

Where did their weaponry come from?

The 2A does not make the US special. Not saying I am against it but, honestly, revolutionary armies don't ask for or need permission to buy weapons

Where did the funding come from?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Where did their weaponry come from?

Arms dealers.

Where did the funding come from?

Would have to look up individual uprisings.

The point is that "if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns" is true and revolutionary armies are by definition outlaws. They don't need a right to keep and bear arms to be recognized by the government they are trying to take down.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   

They come from the US mostly.

They buy with USD....mostly.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They come from the US mostly.
They buy with USD....mostly.

That is beside the point.

The point being that even without the 2A, they were still able to get them.

ETA: The US isn't the only producer of arms. If companies in the US can't fill the demand, companies in other countries will.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No, it is the point.

We make em, we sell em and we use em.

Private US sales are an important part of arms revenue.

Plus, if ours go away, who is gonna air drop us weapons ahould we need them?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No, it is the point.

We make em, we sell em and we use em.

That wasn't my point, I wasn't talking about american citizens, I specifically said revolutionary forces in other parts of the world, in regards to the part of the OP that put up the scarecrow argument that the rest of the world is depending on private US citizens to fight off global tyranny because some of you think americans are the only people who have guns.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Ok, now lets complete the circle.

With what money and what weapons???

How are all these other countries going to obtain what they need from an embattled country?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ok, now lets complete the circle.

With what money and what weapons???

How are all these other countries going to obtain what they need from an embattled country?

Who said anything about an embattled country?

The OP was talking about citizens around the world thinking that american citizens are the only hope against global tyranny because of the 2A. That is false. People get arms and fight on their own with whatever money they have and with weapons from whoever will sell to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join