It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Sphere Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So its intresting that I just joined this board and have a story to share. Well I live in the bay area and as you may or may not know there are a few labortorys around. Not that this is related but just that I can think of anything else .

I left the house with four friends on the way to a party. as we drove up a major street the driver and I in the front seat witnessed a green orb/sphere shoot straight out of the air downwards and disappear into the hills. It was the green color you see when they use night vision gear. It was glowing and was long with circular edges.

Ok so it was not a shooting star( ive seen many and they are not that color, etc), it was not fireworks(would have broken up,etc, it was not a plane(too fast) or a spotlight(came from air as in flight)

This object seem to either have a set direction as in controlled or something from the sky shoot down, . It was also very close to the area unless it was so big it still appeared to be close.

I cannot think of anything and my roomate is also in awe. The backseat passengers could not believe it either but I swear it is true.

Ill be back after I sleep on it

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I was born and raised in the bay area. Behind which hills did they disappear? Where were u facing, and where do you live?

By the way, Meteors (shooting stars) can be that color. Its not common, but green meteors are seen from time to time.

Could have also been a military flare. Thats one reason I wanna know which way you were facing, near what town. Lawrence Livermore Labs are always doing strange things, Ive seen a few.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Did it ever change direction? If not could have been a meteor or plasma earth light. Check here for some interesting photos of earth lights. Google will bring up many more.

Did the object look like any of these?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I was driving up ashby towards the berkeley hills, I thought about the lab up there thats why I didnt want to make too much a deal but this thing was had me confused still dont know, problaby a meteor if they come in green

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I used to live in the bay area for about 6 years near livermore. I used to, and still do always look up at the sky, and i've never seen anything that could have been a lab experiment. I lived in a city next to Livermore... But it doesnt take a genius to know that the bay area isnt the best place for sky watching and what not...

I've never heard of green UFO's like that. And i dont believe meteors are ever green either. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
I used to live in the bay area for about 6 years near livermore. I used to, and still do always look up at the sky, and i've never seen anything that could have been a lab experiment. I lived in a city next to Livermore... But it doesnt take a genius to know that the bay area isnt the best place for sky watching and what not...

I've never heard of green UFO's like that. And i dont believe meteors are ever green either. Interesting.

Yes meteors do come in green. Its rare, but meteors can be green. They are mostly associated with the Leonid meteor showers.

www.mt.net...

You could have also seen something that was going on at the lab. They experiment with Star Wars weapons and lasers out there. I have seen many things over and around the labs. I used to live in central valley, near tracy and Manteca, which is actually the best area for watching things going on around the lab, as there is less light pollution.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I didnt know that they could be green... Thats interesting... Thanks for that information. How exactly do they test for stuff like the star wars stuff?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I dont know how they do it exactly. My friend's father was a security guard there, and my ex boyfriend's father actually worked there on various projects. I know they have been experimenting with a sort of laser radar, or radar using light waves instead of standard radar beams for tracking. There is alot of classified stuff going on there. Lawrence Livermore Sandia labs are basically just an extension of Los Alamos national labs, all run by the department of energy, so you can only imagine what kinds of things they are playing with.

Ive seen quite a few odd things going on out at the labs, but only twice did I ever see something that I believed was unlikely to be part of some secret test program.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I didnt know they did any kind of secret experiments and what not there. I cant believe i never knew that and i lived so close to it. lol. I feel like i missed out on something.
lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
from what Ive gathered so far it seems the closet to possibly a green meteor. it was projecting down with great speed, and it seemed to have great mass, which is what struck me as odd, it did not burn away, break up or anything , just a solid green glowing object coming down with great speed and very close to the general area for such a sight as it was. i havnt heard anything about it, i guess its just one of thos thing that may just go unexplained or Il;l have to settle for the meteor theory, which i dont deny is a great possibility, Ive just never seen one like this, a green tube shape with round sides or perhaps the motion made it look this way

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I saw a green one in Feb. up by Garden City,KS. Came down at a 45 degree angle ( west to east) and then exploded in a shower of sparks. Very cool!

Roper

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It seems a green meteor is the most plausible explaination for the sighting, from your description, because of its trajectory, speed, and duration of the sighting. It could have also been something that they were experimenting with out at the Lab, or even just a very bright flare.

Of course, in the annals of ufology, there is the case of the mysterious green fireballs that were showing up all over New mexico in the late 40's, fireballs that were seen alot over and around Los Alamos, by many trained scientists who were quite baffled by them.

ufos.about.com...

Its a good think to read up on since we are discussing green meteors. Actual green glowing UFO or "green fireballs" have been seen and reported, though they were very different from what you described.

new topics

top topics

join