It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Saucers That Time Forgot - The Strange History of UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It all fits the pattern! "The Saucers That Time Forgot - The Strange History of UFOs" is a blogspot but an entertaining one that you also may enjoy. I could not include any of the articles due to the owners asking it not be done without their permission but what I copied and include below is not a threat to their copyright, I think they would agree. So go and read classic UFO history that you may not be aware of and the illustrations bring the articles to life. While I started my interest in 1957 while I was in the Air Force I didn't know about a couple of the stories possibly 'cause they were reported in local newspapers and didn't get picked up by the majors. I'm still reading past issues of the blog. Enjoy!

The Saucers That Time Forgot
The Strange History of UFOs © Curt Collins and Claude Falkstrom
thesaucersthattimeforgot.blogspot.com...

UFOs: Crimes and Punishment
1947: The Maury Island Hoax
1949/1950: The Aztec Crashed Saucer Hoax
1953: The Little Green Man Hoax
1958: The Little Blue Man
The Crackdown on Saucer Swindlers
Hard Time was a Rarity
1965: The Glassboro, New Jersey, Saucer Landing
Post-Project Blue Book
1973: The Silver Saucerians
1973: The Delaware Saucer Landing
and more...

edit on 5 23 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

I got one for ya.
It’s 1914 In my town and a mystery “airship” was spotted.
There was also another Airship sighting in almost the same location in the 1800’s.
Which is kind of crazy considering the year.
The story:

George Gray was the caretaker of Mountain View Cemetery when he found himself at the centre of this bit of weird Lakehead history. One evening in 1914, Gray was awoken by a sound he described as the “whirring of machinery.” He would then identify the source of the sound as a strange “airship,” which was cruising north from Mount McKay. Gray watched it for about 20 minutes before it veered west and travelled out of sight.

Gray wasn’t the only person to claim seeing strange aircraft in the skies over the Lakehead around that time. About six months later, a resident of Van Norman Street in Port Arthur spotted something similar, described as an “lit-up” airship with fan-shaped wings. The resident walked down to Port Arthur’s wireless station and informed the militia members standing guard there about the sighting. Unfortunately, according to media reports, while “the militiamen spent a lot of time during the evening searching the heavens,” the strange airship had vanished.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The saucer shaped craft will never be forgotten.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Thank you, this is interesting.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My great aunt relayed a story to me that took place in 1942. She was outside in her backyard, in Hamden CT. She said that a large saucer shaped craft glided over her head at a relatively slow pace. She estimated that it was only about 200-300ft overhead and was moving very slow, maybe 25mph. She said it made no noise whatsoever and there was no exhaust contrail. She said it was dark grey in color and had lights around the perimeter of the craft. She told me that she thought it was a blimp and it must be military related since we were at war. She was not the type to fabricate stories and she never believed in Aliens. She just thought it was a strange military blimp.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Might have something to do with "the Sonora Aero Club".

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I never heard of the Sonora Aera Club before this.
A google search brings me to some pretty fantastic contraptions!

Link to Sonora Aero Club

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Seemed relevant to your post.

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Ahhh really….. you live there. Dig up that so called Alien in the cemetery that is rumored to be there

👽🛸

posted on May, 24 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

There’s an Alien in the cemetery?!
Lmao I need to know more about this!

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Ahhh really….. you live there. Dig up that so called Alien in the cemetery that is rumored to be there

👽🛸

Wikipedia

Aurora, Texas, UFO incident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search

Original newspaper article describing the incident, by S. E. Haydon, "A Windmill Demolishes It," The Dallas Morning News, April 19, 1897, p. 5.
The Aurora, Texas, UFO incident reportedly occurred on April 17, 1897, when, according to locals, a UFO crashed on a farm near Aurora, Texas, United States.[1] The incident (similar to the more famous Roswell UFO incident 50 years later) is claimed to have resulted in a fatality of the pilot. The pilot was "not of this world" and was said to be an alien.[2] The pilot was buried at the Aurora cemetery.[3] A stone was placed as a marker for the grave, but has since been removed.[4]

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Dig baby! Dig!!! Lol

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I’m in Canada tho lol.
Texas is an awful long way to go to be disappointed lol.

Fort William Ontario, Canada - Where the incident I posted took place,
Is next to Port Arthur Ontario.
Both these cities joined together to become Thunder Bay Ontario.

Fun fact; Port Arthur is one of the places that takes blame for the birth of daylight savings time.

Link to article

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Thanks for your kind words about the site, making The Saucers That Time Forgot has been a lot of fun. Besides "lost" saucers, we look at topics like hoaxes, and the people behind the stories that shaped our notions of UFOs and aliens. These elements from the first 20 years were the foundation that continues to influence ufology today.

The site is best experienced on a full size monitor to view the pictures and news clippings. Use the search box at the upper to target your areas of interest.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I Luvz me some classic flying saucer …….

👽🛸🍺👍🏼

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
I Luvz me some classic flying saucer …….

👽🛸🍺👍🏼

This alien pilot needs driver's ed!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:39 AM
link   

That could be expanded to UFO flier’s ed 🍻

👽🛸🍸

new topics

top topics

join