It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Omicron catches up with Beijing, how much is China willing to pay for zero-Covid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
China risks losing its remaining credibility for Covid-19 management both at home and abroad. More and broader lockdowns will disrupt the supply chain even more. It makes no sense

www.scmp.com...

With most of the world easing coronavirus restrictions, China’s inflexibility on zero-Covid lockdowns has only raised a lot more questions than answers about its rationale, its practicability, its socio-economic and political costs and the impact on global supply chains.
The cost to China’s reputation as a global economic powerhouse has been most obvious.
The prolonged lockdown of Shanghai has left many residents – including more than 170,000 expatriates – struggling with food shortages and limited access to emergency medical care. The difficulties of those expats, who are usually affluent and in a relatively privileged position, have made international headlines.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Another question would be : Why are the Chinese sticking this zero covid policy at the expense of their economy.

It makes no sense. None, unless there is something terrifying about covid we do not know or this is a political tool of some kind (a very expensive one) which would only result in decoupling the dependency on China... again, I don't see what positive thing that would do for China.

I must be missing the bigger picture because none of it makes sense, cause and effect.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

China never had control of the cold virus corona and neither any other country in the world, the reason covid is no affecting people much is because the obvious, people has been infected and natural immunity is protecting them now.

If people does not get it by now what covid is and never been, they will never get it.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Or it's some other virus that we don't know about and they're using COVID restrictions to keep it from spreading? Or another strain was released? Maybe c-19 was the experimental one?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They're just trying to set the right example for the world and make Gates gush all over it.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

China never had control of the cold virus corona and neither any other country in the world, the reason covid is no affecting people much is because the obvious, people has been infected and natural immunity is protecting them now.

If people does not get it by now what covid is and never been, they will never get it.

That is kind of the point it makes zero sense to have any lockdown policy, studies have shown the effect on death rate was minuscule.

So why is China persisting on zero COVID policy?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ML8715

Or it's some other virus that we don't know about and they're using COVID restrictions to keep it from spreading? Or another strain was released? Maybe c-19 was the experimental one?

Yes Im thinking this is BS, or it's China attempt at population control and manipulation

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Another question would be : Why are the Chinese sticking this zero covid policy at the expense of their economy.

It makes no sense. None, unless there is something terrifying about covid we do not know or this is a political tool of some kind (a very expensive one) which would only result in decoupling the dependency on China... again, I don't see what positive thing that would do for China.

I must be missing the bigger picture because none of it makes sense, cause and effect.

What comes to my mind is how heavily the world depends on computer chips from China. They whole world is crashing, and China is the only country capable of keeping up with the chips needed for todays' military requirements.
While the rest of the worlds is sending everything they've got to Ukraine, without any way to replace it- or chips needed to try and repair it- China has more than enough population to keep advancing.

There is every indication of a food shortage in the worlds' future, and China has more mouths to feed than any other country. Perhaps they are doing a population reduction to make more efficient use of the resources they have? That would be tantamount to the US getting rid of everyone on Welfare and SSI.

By the time the rest of the world runs out of everything from transportation to food ( thanks in large part to decades of sharing tech with China to 'lift them up') China may well be the one country on the planet that has all the resources to come out on top.

Or, an asteroid can hit the earth and wipe us all out at the same time.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

well they are still getting infected so what they are doing to control the spread ain't working.

mystery to me too.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: ML8715

Yes Im thinking this is BS, or it's China attempt at population control and manipulation

me too.

yo know about the biden stickers on gas pumps? i did this?

why doesn't someone make a pooh bear or fauci the same for a mask?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yea china holds a lot of gold, that should make them able to absorb a lot of damage to their economy, but at the same time they are also dealing with a crippling real estate bubble that is critically close to popping right now.

My only guess on why they continue this failed gambit is they hope they can withstand the economic hardship or they are using it to clean up potential dissidents.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:17 PM
link   
staff edit
edit on Tue Apr 26 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

edit on Tue Apr 26 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I've often wondered if there will be future consequences for those infected with Covid, especially the original virus. The anosmia points to potential neurological damage. Some people even experience internal vibrations/tremors beginning up to 3 months after infection. China's continued response is insanely harsh for such a weakened virus.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

China is this giant ship, and the captain needs to assert absolute control over that ship.

There have been different ways that it has been done, child policies for example.
When the mice get antsy the captain sends the cats in.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Great time to move manufacturing out of China.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
asteroid please a reply to: nugget1

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
asteroid please a reply to: nugget1

My preference, too- as long as I'm at ground zero!

join