It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Nisan 5782 - 15 April 2022 - The Lord's Supper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A quick reminder for those who participate in the Lord's supper. The Lord's supper is sunset this Friday, April 15th 2022.

Jesus commands those who follow him to participate in the Lord's supper.

1 Corinthians 11:26 - For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

John 6:53-59 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Mark 14:22-25 - And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.

Matthew 26:26-29 - And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Acts 20:7 - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 - For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Corinthians 11:24 - And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 10:16 - The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 Corinthians 11:23-29 - For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Acts 2:42 - And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Corinthians 11:27 - Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

Matthew 26:29 - But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Luke 22:14-23 - And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

Acts 2:46 - And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

1 Corinthians 11:20 - When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

Luke 22:14-20 - And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

1 Corinthians 11:1-34 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

This Friday reread the book of 1 Corinthians to set your mind, heart, body and spirit on the Lord.

God bless....

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And make sure you are spiritually clean when you do. You dont want a curse...

I read 1st and 2nd Corinthians last night. There were some pretty disobedient people there.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

In Christ we are already spiritually clean arnt we?
Cos I know without what He did I am filthy
Without what Christ accomplished, without admitting our failures and faults we are just fooling ourselves and anybody looking on, falsifying all Jesus completed
Before communion we should acknowledge our faults and repent, make ourselves worthy and then

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Yes. We still need to be careful not to quench or grieve the Holy Spirit. We still sin daily, and should repent daily, and especially before coming to the Lords table.

Here is a really good Q and A video about our relationship with the Holy spirit.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by visitedbythem

I assume you meant that as a Joke…surely God wouldn’t send a curse to anyone…right…?

Yes. We still need to be careful not to quench or grieve the Holy Spirit. We still sin daily, and should repent daily, and especially before coming to the Lords table.

If you have the Holy Spirit, why would you ever want to quench it or grieve it…? Considering that’s it a gift from God…

- JC

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I always thought I could achieve spiritual cleanliness before communion by being a good person, living well 😵🤥how wrong I was

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

I assume you meant that as a Joke…surely God wouldn’t send a curse to anyone…right…?

If you have the Holy Spirit, why would you ever want to quench it or grieve it…? Considering that’s it a gift from God…

- JC

1 Corinthians 11:27
Sharing in the Lord's Supper
…26For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes. 27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28Each one must examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.…

As for your second question... We all do, and that's why we need to examine ourselves first. The video can clarify and help you understand

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Same here my friend. Your heart is in the right place though, and you are aware, and care

top topics

join