It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird has happened in Hong Kong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Hoping that's a joke.

Surely it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Right. It is, no?
:

There is no issues with vaccinating the high risk and old... Do you have issues with that part?

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It is the vax! Of course they are going to package the propaganda so it is yet another strain or variation! I watched my healthy mother 2 months removed from 2nd Moderna jab lose all energy. In less then 8 months she went from healthy to have stage 4 terminal cancer in her liver, colon, and abdominal cavity. The cancer in her colon is so aggressive that it she ha a total blockage. She has days to live! Of course maybe it was just a coincidence but then again maybe the vax had something to do with it like what we are seeing at the DOD, Japan, Hong Kong, and Isreal.

Meanwhile Fauci is a ghost...

a reply to: anonentity

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Countries that insulated themselves from the rest of the world thus avoiding the first couple of waves seem getting hit hard now as borders are opening up.

Elsewhere folk got it or didn't get it, and I'd suggest the actual infection numbers are could be 10x+ than those reported. Either way, other countries have populations with immunity.

I'd take a guess that the death rate % will be similar to other countries 2021 figures by the end of their wave. Probably a bit less as treatment has improved since this began and the vaccines, love or hate them, do seem to be helping keep the elderly and at-risk from developing severe symptoms.

One thing that will be a problem is that they'll be dealing with a two years worth of hospitalizations in the space of months.

The mere idea of a zero covid policy is simply a ridiculous long term goal (See: Australia/Japan/Korea), but it's one hella excuse to criminalize protests.
edit on 8-3-2022 by TheResidentAlien because: Edit

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This is Hong Kong's Omicron wave. They had a "Covid Zero" policy before the Olympics, but as the rest of the world knows, Omicron infects everyone - no matter if you were vaccinated or previously infected. The rest of us have a good 4-5 months until the next wave that infects everyone again.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

Death rate seems on the high side for omicron alone, seeing as they never had a delta spike it could also be still doing the rounds.

Sinovac, being the primary vaccine of choice will not do much against either variant at this point months later.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
carrie lam is an idiot.

No, she is not an idiot. She is a very cowardly and selfish woman though. She cares more about her own personal gains and safety than that of her people, and that is why she does what she does.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
a reply to: nugget1

Japan infection rate daily now is around 50000 new cases. Unreal, but true. Deaths too now are a bit higher then usual. And these people are mostly vaccinated.

As we've seen elsewhere in the world, the 'vaccine' might just as well be nothing but water. This is a virus that will have to sweep through a population, and nothing is going to stop it short of herd immunity.

I'm just thankful it has followed the known path of viruses and continued to weaken as it mutates.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was talking to a friend of mine earlier from Taiwan who has not been able to go back for 2 years now due to Covid.

Her concern is that opening the borders there will cause a massive spike just like Hong Kong as the population there has been completely cut-off from a steady infection rate, so zero immunity.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
a reply to: Vroomfondel

This is Hong Kong's Omicron wave. They had a "Covid Zero" policy before the Olympics, but as the rest of the world knows, Omicron infects everyone - no matter if you were vaccinated or previously infected. The rest of us have a good 4-5 months until the next wave that infects everyone again.

Sadly, I believe what you said is true.

posted on Mar, 15 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot I know this is a little after your post but sorry to hear about your mother. My mother's cancer started a few months after the lockdown - it spread very quickly too. It was a very, very rare form of throat cancer - I always suspected the mask.

<< 1   >>

join