It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Putin bonkers?

He's off his #ing trolley.
That vacant stare is a dead give away.....seen it too many times not to recognise it.
Only difference has been in those instances the people weren't in control of a nation of approaching 150 million people and with a huge nuclear arsenal.

Always the same sort of result though....and its never good.

Yeah I'm just sitting here thinking this isn't going to end well for anyone I wonder if Putin has discovered a medical condition and is willing to go down in flames and take everyone with him . He needs to be stopped we thought Kim was nuts . Putin's off his box now .

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4
I found that curious too. Except maybe they are the Chechens who do support Putin of course?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Apparently putin the "genius" has bit off more than he can chew even in his own country.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Serious Question..
Why Would Chechens aid Russia? Didn't Putin almost entirely flatten that Country.

Maybe I'm out of touch again, or missing something here?

There are(were)rebel islamist chechens who detest Putin for what he did invading the country-then there are Putins puppet Chechens,including the government and there forces who were installed by,and are thus loyal to Putin.

The latter are the ones fighting for Russia in Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Pentagon denies Russia's claim that it's "highly likely" US used surveillance drones to help Ukrainian navy

he Pentagon has denied a claim from the Russian Ministry of Defence saying it is "highly likely" that the United States used some of its surveillance drones flying over the Black Sea to help the Ukrainian Navy attack its vessels.

“On the evening of February 25, during the evacuation of 82 Ukrainian servicemen who voluntarily laid down their arms from Zmeiny [Zmiiny] Island, 16 boats of the Ukrainian Navy, using the 'swarm tactics,' tried to attack the ships of the Black Sea Fleet,” Russian defense ministry spokesperson Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said in a statement on Saturday. “During the attack by Ukrainian boats over the provocation area, US strategic unmanned aerial vehicles RQ-4 'Global Hawk' and MQ-9A 'Reaper' were overhead.”

“It is highly likely that it was American UAVs that directed Ukrainian boats at the ships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet,” Konashenkov said.

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby denied the claims:

“Russian claims that the United States was involved in any way with Ukrainian naval operations near the Zmiiny Island are false. We did not provide ISR or any other support. Chalk this up to just one more lie by the Russian Ministry of Defense,” he told CNN.

Russia accuses the US of "interference" and the US denies it.
edit on 26-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
Pentagon denies Russia's claim that it's "highly likely" US used surveillance drones to help Ukrainian navy

he Pentagon has denied a claim from the Russian Ministry of Defence saying it is "highly likely" that the United States used some of its surveillance drones flying over the Black Sea to help the Ukrainian Navy attack its vessels.

“On the evening of February 25, during the evacuation of 82 Ukrainian servicemen who voluntarily laid down their arms from Zmeiny [Zmiiny] Island, 16 boats of the Ukrainian Navy, using the 'swarm tactics,' tried to attack the ships of the Black Sea Fleet,” Russian defense ministry spokesperson Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said in a statement on Saturday. “During the attack by Ukrainian boats over the provocation area, US strategic unmanned aerial vehicles RQ-4 'Global Hawk' and MQ-9A 'Reaper' were overhead.”

“It is highly likely that it was American UAVs that directed Ukrainian boats at the ships of the Russian Black Sea Fleet,” Konashenkov said.

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby denied the claims:

“Russian claims that the United States was involved in any way with Ukrainian naval operations near the Zmiiny Island are false. We did not provide ISR or any other support. Chalk this up to just one more lie by the Russian Ministry of Defense,” he told CNN.

Russia accuses the US of "interference" and the US denies it.

We flew aircraft over neighboring countries and international waters near the russian fleet, as a decoy, in an effort to allow trapped Ukrainians to escape.

Without ANY weapons aboard our aircraft.

Call that interference if you want, putin.

We don't care.

link   
a reply to: olaru12
First picture raised alarm bells. A crowd protesting with no placards, but apparently applauding 'something'?
Second picture, could be a photo from any protest/march/arrest.
Third, again nothing to back up it's a protest against the 'invasion'.
Fourth, could be anybody, anytime whose a John Lennon fan.
Fifth.... what is that exactly?
Sixth, could be a "no to war" over any war.
Shall I carry on?

link   

Germany decides To Send Weapons From Its Military To Ukraine: DW News

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Got to say, I sought of wondered at that.

I thought 'Who knows, maybe they've had a 'too good to turn down' inducement'?
But that doesn't really fit in with what we 'know' of Chechens.

But upon further reading I found out that the leader of Chechnya has become a big ally of Putin.
Once an avowed separatist when he gained power - possibly with Putin's support - they have become very close.
Ramzan Kadyrov has an appalling record on Human Rights and brutally repressing any opposition.
It has been rumoured that he has helped eliminate some of Putin's opponents for him?

Just the sort of mate you'd ask for help from in a situation like this.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: olaru12
First picture raised alarm bells. A crowd protesting with no placards, but apparently applauding 'something'?
Second picture, could be a photo from any protest/march/arrest.
Third, again nothing to back up it's a protest against the 'invasion'.
Fourth, could be anybody, anytime whose a John Lennon fan.
Fifth.... what is that exactly?
Sixth, could be a "no to war" over any war.
Shall I carry on?

I have no doubt you will carry on with your putin support of his invasion of a sovereign country. I just can't ascertain why...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What a coward Biden is WTF

Biden warns 'there's no sanction that is immediate' as US, allies target Russia over Ukraine invasion

Fox
edit on 26-2-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent
The Ukrainians are quite advanced with their own drone technology. This sounds more like Russians crying to mummy and crying wolf cos they got a whooping

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent
The Ukrainians are quite advanced with their own drone technology. This sounds more like Russians crying to mummy and crying wolf cos they got a whooping

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
everyone on twitter now:

'EXTREMELY HEAVY RUSSIAN AIR RAID EXPECTED IN KYIV WITHIN MINUTES'

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Russia Moves In Heavy Flamethrower Weapon

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Can't verify any of this as being confirmed.

• Apartment block destroyed in Kharkiv in Russian attack
  • Governor of Mykolayiv Oblast Vitaly Kim says Russian tanks attacked Mykolayiv and were moving through the city. Heavy fighting was reported in Mykolayiv earlier on that day. Kim later posted a video denying reports he had been captured
  • European Union countries have decided to ban all Russian airlines from their airspace. Airlines of EU nations over Russian airspace called back fearing an immediate Russian response
  • Sirens sounding in Kyiv
  • Russian bombers dropped 2 FAB-100 bombs in Vinnytsia region
  • 71 people were injured. 25 of them are civilians, in particular three children. Russia is also destroying the infrastructure of our cities. This is barbarism and savagery

liveuamap.com...
(keep refreshing if the site doesn't load)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

A great way to shut off all gas lines into Europe. This whole thing isn’t making any sense.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Got to say, I sought of wondered at that.

I thought 'Who knows, maybe they've had a 'too good to turn down' inducement'?
But that doesn't really fit in with what we 'know' of Chechens.

But upon further reading I found out that the leader of Chechnya has become a big ally of Putin.
Once an avowed separatist when he gained power - possibly with Putin's support - they have become very close.
Ramzan Kadyrov has an appalling record on Human Rights and brutally repressing any opposition.
It has been rumoured that he has helped eliminate some of Putin's opponents for him?

Thank you for your reply
Well at least he's known to the world and can hopefully be swiftly eliminated.
Sounds like a poor excuse for human being .

Just the sort of mate you'd ask for help from in a situation like this.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

JUST IN: #Russian state TV channels have been hacked by #Anonymous to broadcast the truth about what happens in #Ukraine.

video:

twitter

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: Erno86

A great way to shut off all gas lines into Europe. This whole thing isn’t making any sense.

No way German weapons can make it to eastern Ukraine past Dnipro river unless they do air drops.

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join