It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Even one small device detonated in Ukraine would have the world after him and his cronies , I don’t think he is that mad to do it but if I’m wrong and he spits the dummy it could be MAD

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: vNex92
The Ukrainian Ministry of Defence is CONFIRMING that the garrison of Snake Island is ALIVE and has surrendered to Russian troops

Good, They can tell them to # off face to face.

That's twice this week on separate platforms.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Been watching various western MSM coverage today(BBC,Sky,NBC,CNN)and I am far from impressed.
Yes that is my default position,but the way they are covering the war is flat out dangerous IMO.

They keep saying things like "Putins army is bogged down/has failed all its objectives/is not making progress/etc"

True or not-This could very well inflame the situation if Putin gets the idea everyone thinks he and his army are a bunch of incompetent wusses.
If he gets pissed off=that is when he could say "I will show them" and start leveling city blocks and incinerating civilians in the streets en masse-he does have that capability.

Whats worse is that I believe the MSM knows this full well-which leads me to believe that for some reason they are attempting to bait Putin into commiting even more horrific acts.

Why?
Just for more viewers?
Or for other reasons maybe?

I think the media would be better helping the innocents in Ukraine by phrasing things differently-They could say things like:
"Thankfully it seems Putin is at least trying to show a degree of restraint by not unleashing maximum hell on the Ukrainian population."

There is some other agenda going on here I think.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Erm....not by me unless you are a 'friend' on FB

Rainbows
Jane

link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: autopat51

From what I've read the Russians are not moving at night and have no night vision equipment .

They HAVE been working at night, until this night.

Unfortunately for russia, they've just learned the hard way that operating at night when Javelins are around means their forces will be found walking back to base when the sun comes up.

While being chased through a forest on foot by some extremely angry and well trained Ukrainian children.

link   
a reply to: face23785

I realize you were told to think that's backing Putin and just obeyed without thinking, but it's not.

Actually I wasn't told anything. I read what trump said and made my own decision about his words.

Here they are again....He obviously has a "thing" for dictators like putin and lil Kim.

www.theguardian.com...

www.foxnews.com...

edit on 26-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: majesticgent
a reply to: face23785

I think the Russian forces may have underestimated the effectiveness and volume of the anti-tank missiles that the Ukrainian forces possess. I'm sure supply trucks and convoys are priority #1 targets even over the tanks. They can only operate for so long without fuel.

From many reports and verified footage, it shows complete supply convoys being ambushed and destroyed.

I'm just wondering why they didn't do a more extensive air campaign before they started their ground advance. We did a 6 week air campaign for Desert Storm before we started the ground war.

I think they are probing Ukraine's defenses with their expendable conscripts and expendable hardware. We'll see.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Agreed!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Erm....not by me unless you are a 'friend' on FB

Rainbows
Jane

Yes, it was FB. What would be the chances?.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

Some of our leftist ATS users who so vociferously repeated that nonsense here are now beginning to understand

Yet strangely almost to a man nearly every one of those 'leftist ATS users' are expressing opinions that oppose Putin and this invasion whilst quite a few so-called 'anti-leftists' are pro-Putin and refuse to condemn this attempt to take over a neighbouring independent country by force.

Quite bizarre.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: angelchemuel

You have " no idea if he lied"?

Well, there was the whole no plans to invade thing!!!!

No, you know very well that I have no such qualifications. Do you really have to have them when you have an obvious madman in your face?
Plenty of unqualified folk on here "diagnosing" Biden with dementia. Don't hear you shrilly complaining about that.

I'm not offering any legal opinion, just my personal one, based on nearly sixty years of life experience, if that's ok with you?

I can have my opinion, thanks.

Cheers for the gratuitous personal stuff. Nice.

Hi Carpy,

We’ve been around about that same length of time and seen the same wars.

I have finally learned not to believe much while the war is ongoing and nearly half of what we are told when it is finished.

I’m sure that this one is no different and the facts will be told to us by the victors.

Appreciate your opinion though

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The BBC ran a clip purporting to be Russian fighter jets and various other aircraft flying over a civilian area in Ukraine. Turns out it was part of an airshow from a few years back.

The video in question is the one where we see a dozen or so Jets flying in a tight triangular formation.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles
a reply to: Tagz

We can only hope . Rumours we’re around 10,000 Chechen we’re moving towards Ukraine to form kill squads

Serious Question..
Why Would Chechens aid Russia? Didn't Putin almost entirely flatten that Country.

Maybe I'm out of touch again, or missing something here?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Aaargh! Please tell me in PM! Pretty please!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The BBC ran a clip purporting to be Russian fighter jets and various other aircraft flying over a civilian area in Ukraine. Turns out it was part of an airshow from a few years back.

The video in question is the one where we see a dozen or so Jets flying in a tight triangular formation.

That was so easily debunkable. Why would they fly so low and slow over a combat zone? Especially a refueler in front of a bomber.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Putin bonkers?

He's off his #ing trolley.
That vacant stare is a dead give away.....seen it too many times not to recognise it.
Only difference has been in those instances the people weren't in control of a nation of approaching 150 million people and with a huge nuclear arsenal.

Always the same sort of result though....and its never good.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

When I first glanced the story I assumed chechens were on the way to aid Ukraine but was completely wrong . No idea why they are supporting Russia . Can only assume it’s financial

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I think the media would be better helping the innocents in Ukraine by phrasing things differently-They could say things like:
"Thankfully it seems Putin is at least trying to show a degree of restraint by not unleashing maximum hell on the Ukrainian population."

There is some other agenda going on here I think.

The stated objective has changed a bit but it started with demilitarizing Ukraine, to removing Neo-Nazis from power. Who knows what the truth is, but Putin's time is up as leader if he outright unleashes all-out war including civilians.
edit on 26-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a few days and finally decided to google it.

Why is Kiev now Kyiv?

Its goal is to persuade English-language media and organisations to exclusively use Kyiv (derived from the Ukrainian language name) instead of Kiev (derived from the Russian language name) as the name of the Ukrainian capital. It is a part of the wider campaign "CorrectUA".

So then I had to google "CorrectUA"

#CorrectUA | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukrainemfa.gov.ua... › correctua
To better inform the international community about the correct forms of Ukrainian placenames and to avoid mistakes, we are launching the campaign: #CorrectUA.

This is like 1984 - Kiev must go down the memory hole, it's always been Kyiv.

Anyway, about the Invasion/War, I have no opinion - it's too early to tell if this is legit, a WEF Scheme or a Wag the Dog Scenario.

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join