It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think the Russian forces may have underestimated the effectiveness and volume of the anti-tank missiles that the Ukrainian forces possess. I'm sure supply trucks and convoys are priority #1 targets even over the tanks. They can only operate for so long without fuel.

From many reports and verified footage, it shows complete supply convoys being ambushed and destroyed.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

10 days is what i hear...
And the Russians will be trapped..

Not sure how much truth is in this ... but one can hope,

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: majesticgent

10 days is what i hear...
And the Russians will be trapped..

Not sure how much truth is in this ... but one can hope,

If they want to continue this operation, they will have to get the logistics figured out and resupply and feed their troops. This is why the Ukrainian forces blew bridges to slow them down.
edit on 26-2-2022 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

He didn't allude at all, it was blatant, You are a poor deluded fool if you think otherwise.

Clearly stated! How would you interpret what was said?
youtu.be...

leprechauns
John

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
There you go again.... not reading properly....as others have pointed out your comprehension is abysmal, or you are just a pathetic wind up merchant.

You know where you stand with Putin?

I did not say that... I said this...

I saw a post recently of quotes from the various ex Presidents about Putin's character

The same Putin that has repeatedly told brazen lies to the World about his intentions in Ukraine?

I have no idea if he has lied or not and with all due respect, neither do you or anyone else....the Ukraine situation is still 'fluid' as the MSM would say. As a lawyer, I should have thought you would have recognised your comment would not stand up under scrutiny.

But anyway, I think that 22 odd year in absolute power and crushing any opposition or dissent has now adversely affected his mental state.

You a qualified psychiatrist who has had personal access to make a psychological assessment?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

I think the Russian forces may have underestimated the effectiveness and volume of the anti-tank missiles that the Ukrainian forces possess. I'm sure supply trucks and convoys are priority #1 targets even over the tanks. They can only operate for so long without fuel.

From many reports and verified footage, it shows complete supply convoys being ambushed and destroyed.

I'm just wondering why they didn't do a more extensive air campaign before they started their ground advance. We did a 6 week air campaign for Desert Storm before we started the ground war.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The phrase “ all the gear but no idea” springs to mind . Lessons have been learnt by all
Nations following this assault , namely multi
Million dollar tanks are no match for a single person with a launcher in an urban assault theatre . This could hit the arms manufacturers financially in the future .
If info is correct and the Russian troops are becoming disillusioned then the conflict could be over fairly soon . My fear is that the Chechen kill groups will continue what ever the outcome Amusing misery for a long period of time

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: da pickles
My fear is that the Chechen kill groups will continue what ever the outcome Amusing misery for a long period of time

I've seen numerous reports of Chechens being conscripted and hired to fight in Ukraine, but have yet to verify any of this. Has anyone else been able to?

Even they must eat, have ammo, and need fuel for transport.

link   
a reply to: da pickles

twitter.com...

Apparently, the kill group is now headless.

link   

This is something some analysts have talked about when it comes to a potential US-Russia or US-China war. Sure, they have fancy toys, but they don't have all the experience the American military has.

link   

Russian troops were told they would be welcomed with
Open arms by their Ukrainian counterparts . We would look at that as propaganda but what if the Russian defense ministry believed it ?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I'm just wondering why they didn't do a more extensive air campaign before they started their ground advance. We did a 6 week air campaign for Desert Storm before we started the ground war.

I'm starting to wonder if Putin has been given the facts... Did Putin think his army would general welcomed by the populace?
Something definitely not cricket.

Im just putting this out there, but could the Russian Military be in turmoil over this?
Is this why they haven't taken Kyiv? Is there fighting in the ranks over killing their own kinsmen?

We'll see soon enough.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

If he's threatening to use nukes as his only insurance policy He needs to be removed from power ASAP that man needs to be dead or locked up . He is a threat to the World however they want to do it, Drone , assassination coup however possible he needs to be gone from the World stage .
edit on 26-2-2022 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

We can only hope . Rumours we’re around 10,000 Chechen we’re moving towards Ukraine to form kill squads

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Putin's strategy is that of an abusive husband only he has a button. If I can't have you no one can.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

We quickly (and easily) knocked out Iraq's russian made air defenses, and then had free reign over their country for as long as we wanted.

Meanwhile, every time putin sends aircraft into Ukraine, almost half of them are shot down with the antiquated gear we sent to Ukraine.

Russia and ccp were living in a fantasy world, under delusions that their military was even remotely close to ours in ANY way.

Some of our leftist ATS users who so vociferously repeated that nonsense here are now beginning to understand.

Both are currently in the process of learning a painful lesson.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There are also rumors that Chechen had some losses already:

Twitter

A few hours ago, the Ukraine elite SpetzNaz "Alfa" eliminated the top Chechen forces commander, Gen. Magomed Tushaev and his entire regiment of "kadyrovtsi" who landed in Gostomel area near Kyiv. Confirmed. More details soon.

edit on 26-2-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

You have " no idea if he lied"?

Well, there was the whole no plans to invade thing!!!!

No, you know very well that I have no such qualifications. Do you really have to have them when you have an obvious madman in your face?
Plenty of unqualified folk on here "diagnosing" Biden with dementia. Don't hear you shrilly complaining about that.

I'm not offering any legal opinion, just my personal one, based on nearly sixty years of life experience, if that's ok with you?

I can have my opinion, thanks.

Cheers for the gratuitous personal stuff. Nice.

edit on 26-2-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

As I've mentioned in several posts I've made I firmly believe that numerous former US/UK/EU/NATO leaders made some appalling decisions immediate after the break up of the USSR.
Instead of helping and investing in the country as they did in some of their satellite nations they actively encouraged the power vacuum that existed in Russia....all I suspect at the behest of industrialists and bankers etc.

It was hardly surprising that ex-KGB and opportunist mobsters and shysters stepped into the vacuum and exploited the situation for personal gain and greed.

Russia was on its knees, not just financially....the people felt abandoned and adrift.

'The West' had many opportunities to build up a good relationship with Russia.

Putin restored a bit of national pride.
But he was ruthless and he's always looked to the past and wanted to reclaim what he perceives as Russia's former glory's.
He tolerates no dissention and as he control has tightened he's become more and more single minded and insular in his foreign policy and dictatorial domestically.

Yet there were still opportunities to improve relations which 'The West' scorned and rebuffed.

And there's no denying that 'we' pushed and prodded and provoked the Russian Bear.

But none of that excuses the ruthless and at times brutal way Putin has dealt with his opponents and any dissenting voices.
He has manipulated the Russian electoral process to maintain his control of power.
He has repeatedly sought to undermine 'western' interests in various ways.

There were rumours about his behaviour etc during the pandemic which most people dismissed.
But there's no denying he's changed.
He has that glazed look in his eyes and his demeanour suggests he's not quite sharing the same reality as the rest of us.

He's obsessed with reclaiming the lands he believes were robbed and taken away from Russia and restoring their former glory.
He wants to be remembered as the man who achieved that, to be up there with the truly great Russian leaders of history.

Like all rational people I'd hate for this crisis to continue spiralling out of control.
Over the last few days I've come to the conclusion that Putin will not be satisfied with just the Ukraine.

For all concerned he needs to be retired in one way or another.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

A big enough bounty on his head would turn his right-hand man against him in a heartbeat. I'm surprised it hasn't happened. Maybe I'll start a go fund me.

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join