It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is there an international authority set up yet to monitor, investigate, and prosecute war crimes?

I do believe wearing the uniform of the other side is a shot on sight situation.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Is there an international authority set up yet to monitor, investigate, and prosecute war crimes?

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We are also seeing other former satellite counties of the USSR with growing concern that they are looking at a "who is next" scenario. Even the countries in favor of Russia are now turning away and looking west.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyone else think Vlad is losing his marbles? I watched his two recent speeches and thought the words are insane and the person saying them also looks insane.
Very Hitler in '44 like IMO...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I do believe wearing the uniform of the other side is a shot on sight situation.

Yes the geneva convention gives you no protection for impersonating enemy forces. Seems the Ukrainians are capturing them however, they are makig them go in the internet and denounce Putin. Even saw one where the russian soldier started crying and apologizing.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
Anyone else think Vlad is losing his marbles? I watched his two recent speeches and thought the words are insane and the person saying them also looks insane.
Very Hitler in '44 like IMO...

In some regards I wonder that as well, but on the other hand I wonder how much that's just the US media's narrative. The Biden administration thinks trolling him is an adult response. Calling him stuff like "unhinged" and "mad" should really teach him a lesson...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

We are also seeing other former satellite counties of the USSR with growing concern that they are looking at a "who is next" scenario. Even the countries in favor of Russia are now turning away and looking west.

Except for Belarus they are siding with putin.

www.atlanticcouncil.org...

thehill.com...

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yes the geneva convention gives you no protection for impersonating enemy forces. Seems the Ukrainians are capturing them however, they are makig them go in the internet and denounce Putin. Even saw one where the russian soldier started crying and apologizing.

Worth noting that a number of US and UK servicemen also did this after being captured by Iraq in 1991.US servicemen were forced to do the same by the Vietnamese. No telling whether those are honest feelings by those soldiers or whether they were coerced. I could certainly see it being a genuine sentiment, I'm not saying it's fake. Just noting that sometimes things like that are forced.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I do. He comes across like a swivel eyed lunatic.

He's a megalomaniac.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Their die was cast when they went cowboy with the EU's eastern borders by bringing the migrants there. I guess at that point, the Belarus leader was joined to Putin's hip for good or bad.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: majesticgent

Whatever we're trying to send Ukraine now is too little too late. The time to arm them was months ago.

For reference, the US just approved a new aid package of $350M. We give Israel about 10x that annually, and they're not fighting a military superpower.

For more context, the White House just asked for approval of $6.1B in humanitarian aid.

Humanitarian operations take less money than military ops do. $6.1B in humanitarian aid, but only $350M in military aid. The military aid is paltry.

We have given them some military aid already, so that's not the total, but the total isn't anywhere close to $6.1B.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Worth noting that a number of US and UK servicemen also did this after being captured by Iraq in 1991.US servicemen were forced to do the same by the Vietnamese. No telling whether those are honest feelings by those soldiers or whether they were coerced. I could certainly see it being a genuine sentiment, I'm not saying it's fake. Just noting that sometimes things like that are forced.

Who knows... This does have more of a flavor of a civil war compared to your examples, so I'm sure a good number do not want to do it, but in the normal Russian fashion they have no choice.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Who knows... This does have more of a flavor of a civil war compared to your examples, so I'm sure a good number do not want to do it, but in the normal Russian fashion they have no choice.

That's why I could see it being genuine. I was just playing devil's advocate. From what I understand, a lot of these Russian soldiers are under the impression Ukraine started the war, but once they're getting on the ground there they're finding things aren't what they were told.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Russian military out of fuel on the roads of Ukraine:

Twitter

conversation in the video:

Victor Kovalenko
@MrKovalenko
·
9h
The Ukrainian driver talks to the Russians who run out of fuel on their way to Kyiv: "Vehicle broke? - No, waiting for diesel. - I can tug you back to Russia! - [Russians laugh] - Do you know where are you going? - No. What's in the news? - Ukraine wins. Your guys surrender."

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Erno86

I feel that just as long as I don't wind up in one of Putin's prisoner "Z" trucks. I'm willing to give it a go as a "soldier of fortune" warrior.

Perhaps a word of caution is needed. You do realize that putin is a Genius with the full support of trump and With trump back in power soon there might not be much fortune left for the soldiers; if you know what I mean....

news.yahoo.com...

Which leaves me to believe...without a doubt in my mind, that D.J. Trump is off his rocker, and a Manchurian candidate to boot.
edit on 26-2-2022 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Javelins are tearing up Russian armor Putin is going to regret starting this as it moves to gorilla tactics.

twitter.com...

Were also learning Russian Armor is no where near as effective as they claimed even with the supposed missile defence systems. Javeli sales are going to go through the roof as it is shown how easily it destroys Russian tanks.
edit on 2/26/22 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

Outside of the hardened types that lust for war to engage in action for their training, the common Russian soldier/conscript probably does not want to fight in this war. They are probably just following orders for fear of what retribution they may face if they do not.

This is pure speculation on my part from some of the reports and footage I've seen.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Morale has to be plummeting from their side as they lose lives over what?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Javelins are tearing up Russian armor Putin is going to regret starting this as it moves to gorilla tactics.

twitter.com...

Watching the war on twitter and youtube as it happens streaming. Horrifying and surreal !!

twitter.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Multiple confirmed verified reports of Ukrainian citizens in Bakhmach, throwing themselves and bicycles in front of advancing Russian armor. I'm not going to post that footage here, it's on CNN and many other MSM and various outlets if you want to find it. I didn't watch it. Just reporting the situation out there.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join