It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I'm not disagreeing with you, I would be there right next to you.
All I'm trying to show is that we are very quick to point the finger if we believe somebody else is breaking some law or another, but we'll just sweep ours under the carpet.
Very double standards on some people's part around these parts (not directed at you)
Rainbows
Jane
PS In summary, I happen to be a great believer in "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Because they are being attacked on their home soil. They should lay waste to every last invader. Screw the rule of law. It war, laws don't matter.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Brilliant!

link   
a reply to: Erno86

I feel that just as long as I don't wind up in one of Putin's prisoner "Z" trucks. I'm willing to give it a go as a "soldier of fortune" warrior.

Perhaps a word of caution is needed. You do realize that putin is a Genius with the full support of trump and With trump back in power soon there might not be much fortune left for the soldiers; if you know what I mean....

news.yahoo.com...

link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Erno86

Unless they walk in Mechanized they are cannon fodder
This has become absurd
When they start handing weapons to woman and children,with no means of coordination, the game is up
They are as likely to shoot at each other as they are the Russian's

Though I have forewarned (here on ATS...since I know that Putin is a UFO buff) Putin about a possible E.T. alien invasion to defend Ukraine of sorts, if he chose to blitzkrieg Ukraine --- As he has done now.

Wishful thinking, perhaps?

We'll see....

edit on 26-2-2022 by Erno86 because: added vid

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
HAHA

I can't wait for the tranche of books, movies and miniseries that are going to come out of this!

LMAO

Ya gotta love humor in times of war.....that is so great hahahahaha

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It is good to question things. Always. But it is also good to have some good moral compass. Just saying...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone
You:

They were not first usedby the Spanish....they were first used by the Finnish as a response to Vyacheslav Molotov's propaganda campaign that bombing runs during the Winter War in 1939 which were dubbed "Molotov Bread Baskets" to feed staving neighbors. The Finnish fought back with petrol filled bottles against Russian tanks and dubbed them "Molotov Cocktail" as a drink to go with "dinner".

Me:

By the way......no they are not. First used by the Spanish, adopted and refined by the Fin's who named them the Molotov Cocktail to mock the Russian something or another, when Russia and Finland went at it.

You just repeated what I said! So no, I'm not taking any exception....except for this....
You:

I would say you have not done your homework.

They were not first usedby the Spanish

Here.... here's my 'homework'....
I said:

First used by the Spanish, adopted and refined by the Fin's

From the link below..

Improvised incendiary devices of this type were used in warfare for the first time in the Spanish Civil War between July 1936 and April 1939,[6] before they became known as "Molotov cocktails".

Link
I clearly stated they were first used by the SPANIARDS before the FIN'S refined them and named them Molotov's.
Rest my case.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ukraine - Russia.
Pot - Kettle.

Putin is a de facto dictator who allows for no dissention at all.

Goosestep - Dramatic effect, imagery.
Effectively that is what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Think you need to watch the BBC documentary in the link I provided.
Can you provide a link for said oligarch's being sent to Siberia?
Ta very muchly
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I clearly stated they were first used by the SPANIARDS before the FIN'S refined them and named them Molotov's.
Rest my case.

MOLOTOV COCKTAILS were NOT first used by Spaniards. If the name was anything other than MOLOTOV COCKTAIL, then your case is weak.

But ya know what, who cares, you're getting tied up in minutiae that is irrelevant as am i. The real point is, that Ukraine should use whatever is at their disposal to fend off Russian (illegal) aggression.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes Putin would be emboldened with Trump back in power, which is precisely why Putin did not launch this invasion during the 4 years Trump was actually in power...

Adults are talking about a very serious subject here. Get lost with this childish nonsense.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz
We'll just re-write history regarding the Nuremburg trials then shall we?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

some videos are in a good resolution:
twitter

machine of a soldier bouncing round with the NLAW

You can here and feel how much anger there is in a voice. Mainly swearwords in the video.
edit on 26-2-2022 by wordforword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You know what I'm going to come back with.... prove this...

Putin is a de facto dictator

In which case I could say so is Trudeau and numerous others....and let's not even go with the US elections.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Think of it like this: by law, you have no right to kill someone in cold blood on the streets. Change the setting to your home and that person is an intruder; suddenly the law changes. Russia is an intruder in Ukraine and Ukraine has every right to utilize weaponry that is typically not legal in order to repel the invasion. They even have a right to use chemical weapons. It's their land and nobody can tell them how they can and can not defend it.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
You know what I'm going to come back with.... prove this...

Putin is a de facto dictator

In which case I could say so is Trudeau and numerous others....and let's not even go with the US elections.
Rainbows
Jane

Amen Jane!

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Is this officially labeled as the Russia Ukraine war yet? If it is, all manner of brutality is allowed.

"War is hell"

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There is a difference
Russia is intending on invading, hoisting up their flag and taking land
big difference

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone
Which bit of

the FIN'S refined them and named them Molotov's.

do you not comprehend? I never said anywhere that the Spaniards NAMED them Molotov's! Sheesh!
It is not I that is getting all tied up, it's you with all due respect.

Here's a little bonus for you. In reply to Freeborn about using Molotov's if UK were invaded...

I'm not disagreeing with you, I would be there right next to you.
..... add 'chucking Molotov's at the enemy'

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join