It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Syrian government used thermobaric bombs against the rebels in or around cities and towns.

Unfortunately it would not be the first time they have been used in anger around civilians.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
So Ukraine brings out Molotov cocktails (illegal in UK, USA and many other countries..... and Russia allegedly deploying thermobaric artillery in response... "my fire bomb is bigger than your fire bomb! But mine is legal as long as we hit military targets"

Oh, OK
Rainbowsw
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: carewemust

It would have been better/smarter/cleaner to have Zelensky removed/replaced, without all the human suffering.

So......you think this is how emerging democracies should work?

Imagine had our forefather's thought like that.

The human suffering is in part because the people in Ukraine are fighting for their country, their democracy ffs.

A real "patriot" would not think this "better".

The smallest loss of life in the face of certain defeat is the best route for Ukraine.

Some would see 100,000 lives lost in a loss to Russia as a "win".

Maybe you are one of those, even if your family is amongst the 100,000 killed.

I'm not prepared to sacrifice mine in the face of certain defeat in a few weeks, or months.

But, as the saying goes, "to each his own".

"certain defeat"??? I find that questionable, to say the least.

So I heard on twitter...that president Zelensky of Ukraine, has promised to weaponize anybody here or from out of this world to fight for the national independence of Ukraine.

I feel that just as long as I don't wind up in one of Putin's prisoner "Z" trucks. I'm willing to give it a go as a "soldier of fortune" warrior.

Since you're probably going to all out in supplying me with a free, one way air ticket to Ukraine. Right???

Erno
edit on 26-2-2022 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Thermobaric weapons in response to Molotov cocktails?

Perhaps we should use them against violent demonstrators in future?

Not exactly proportionate, is it?

By the way Molotov cocktails are an old Soviet thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Unless they walk in Mechanized they are cannon fodder
This has become absurd
When they start handing weapons to woman and children,with no means of coordination, the game is up
They are as likely to shoot at each other as they are the Russian's

edit on amSaturdaySaturday20900000002am2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Is invasion of another country without military provocation per UN membership also illegal in the UK?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Here we go......
Thermobaric Weapons are legal as long as used against military and not civilians. Molotov's aren't in many countries including our own.

Not exactly proportionate, is it?
...... agree.... but not all is fair in love and war.

By the way Molotov cocktails are an old Soviet thing.

By the way......no they are not. First used by the Spanish, adopted and refined by the Fin's who named them the Molotov Cocktail to mock the Russian something or another, when Russia and Finland went at it.
No, I;m not going to provide a link... I did my homework and I'm too busy watching the Rugby.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone
We (UK) and USA totally ignored the UN/NATO votes over Iraq.... your point being?
Rainbows
Jane

link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Youv'e got to be kidding
Ukraine was on the verge of Nuclear arms
Backed by a 30 nation coalition designed to confront Russia
at Russia's doorstep
again,without military provocation?
there was a lot of warnings.
I admire Zelensky, but he put his citizens in grave danger
edit on amSaturdaySaturday21000000002am2 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: all2human

So they just cave in and submit?

If a bunch of armed Russkies - or any foreigners - were about to goosestep their way across my country I'd use anything possible to try and stop them regardless of the odds or numbers.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Remember the USSR lost in Afghanistan. The Russian army should be able to take Kyiv fairly easily the problem is what happens next.
Asymmetric insurgency warfare by Ukrainians could go on for a long time and Russia may find it hard to occupy the country...

Insurgency wars are very hard to win, as the US and allies found out in Iraq and Afghanistan recently. We'll just have to see how this mess plays out.

Vlad may have just bitten off a lot more than he can chew.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   

As I just posted to someone else....if the Russians were trampling all over the UK I really wouldn't give a toss if it was legal or not I'd use absolutely everything at my disposal to try to stop them.

Respect to those Ukrainians who are doing exactly that.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Propaganda from both sides has been absolutely wild if nothing else.

Apparently there’s an ongoing coup in Belarus. I’m sure all these suspiciously new accounts with Ukrainian flags in their bios are a trustworthy source.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Quite a few Russian ones, too?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
...... agree.... but not all is fair in love and war.

Right, so what are you taking exception to here?

By the way......no they are not. First used by the Spanish, adopted and refined by the Fin's who named them the Molotov Cocktail to mock the Russian something or another, when Russia and Finland went at it.
No, I;m not going to provide a link... I did my homework and I'm too busy watching the Rugby.

I would say you have not done your homework.

They were not first usedby the Spanish....they were first used by the Finnish as a response to Vyacheslav Molotov's propaganda campaign that bombing runs during the Winter War in 1939 which were dubbed "Molotov Bread Baskets" to feed staving neighbors. The Finnish fought back with petrol filled bottles against Russian tanks and dubbed them "Molotov Cocktail" as a drink to go with "dinner".
edit on 26-2-2022 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

a reply to: da pickles
The so called oligarchs in UK are the ones Putin and Medvedev exiled from Russia, so I don't think Putin will be worried about sanctions against them, probably having a wry smile.
This is a 4 part documentary entitled Putin and the West. Made by BBC I expected it to be rather biased, it wasn't. Well worth the watch and backs up my comment to Freeborn about Putin allegedly being a graduate of Schwabb's 'institute'.
BBC documentary
Rainbows
Jane

What Putin did was take over companies and replaced their leaders with people loyal to him. And sent the former oligharhs to siberia.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
You mention goosestep...that's Prussian, which had nothing to do with Russians (except for twice when Russia stopped an uprising). Prussia has always been part of Germany, they invaded Poland if I remember correctly, and it was some leader of Prussia (German) that invented the goosestep.
So in effect, in a weird way, you are correct.... Putin is accusing Ukraine of being a fascist state aka nazi so yeah.... you would be doing exactly what Putin is doing against Ukraine.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You’d think in 2022 they’d be able to get some less grainy combat footage.

All the stuff out of Ukraine looks like it’s out of Grozny in 1999.

Even conflict footage from random hellholes in Africa have higher quality footage than those from this war.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

So what?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
HAHA

I can't wait for the tranche of books, movies and miniseries that are going to come out of this!
edit on 26-2-2022 by Sookiechacha because: twitter.com... s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstory%2F2022%2F2%2F26%2F2082491%2F-Ukraine-update-We-are-still-here

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join