It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
knocked out Ukrainian T-64BV main battle tank near Kharkov

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Russian Pantsir mobile air defense in Kiev region

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sky news just reported that Petro Poroshenko(Ex Ukrainian leader-pre 2014) is saying that the Russians are just 2km away from his position in Kiev.
He is out with a unit of Ukrainian soldiers,trying to defend against attack.

Whatever your political leanings-some of these Ukrainian leaders and other politicians are out there with a rifle,defending their country from attack,which I think is highly comendable.

Could anyone see Boris/Macron/Sholtz/Biden doing the same in a similar situation?
I bloody coundn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Russian TOS thermobaric artillery deployed to battle

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
They are showing the public how to make Petrol Bombs with Styrofoam ffs and handing out machine guns.

Putin should take a look at what happened to us with the likes of Northern Ireland turn his troops around and go back home.

The people are willing to fight, and by the looks of things, Russian troops are going to get more than just there fingers burned.

It's also a sign of total desperation.

No one relies on civilian militia if they expect to win the war. It is very patriotic of course but the point still stands.

It also seems to suggest that they either have little faith in their conventional forces, or they have already been defeated.

They would likely be a persistent problem if Russia intended to occupy all of Ukraine, but I doubt that. I imagine the Russian-majority areas will be annexed into Russia and Ukraine proper be left relatively alone with some treaty barring NATO & EU membership.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Sky news just reported that Petro Poroshenko(Ex Ukrainian leader-pre 2014) is saying that the Russians are just 2km away from his position in Kiev.
He is out with a unit of Ukrainian soldiers,trying to defend against attack.

Whatever your political leanings-some of these Ukrainian leaders and other politicians are out there with a rifle,defending their country from attack,which I think is highly comendable.

Could anyone see Boris/Macron/Sholtz/Biden doing the same in a similar situation?
I bloody coundn't.

They're a braver lot than Trudeau that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: YongpengSuen

another war crime incoming

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wordforword

It's mainly used against machine gun and sniper positions.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I bloody coundn't.

Neither could I frankly, i agree.

Except maybe Boris, i mean he's a lunatic LOL I would think enemy and ally alike would say "wait hold up Bo....just put the weapon down" haha

link   
Kremlin website down. Russian TV channels hacked to broadcast Ukrainian songs. Can't really validate that. Saw it in multiple places and Anonymous posted they have ongoing cyber campaigns.
Twitter

link   

They can take out the better part of most front lines with that sort of artillery.

Collapsing lungs and buildings all over the place just via the pressure waves they generate.

If they start using thermobarics anywhere near highly populated areas the deaths are going to be in the thousands even tens of thousands”.

edit on 26-2-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: carewemust

It would have been better/smarter/cleaner to have Zelensky removed/replaced, without all the human suffering.

So......you think this is how emerging democracies should work?

Imagine had our forefather's thought like that.

The human suffering is in part because the people in Ukraine are fighting for their country, their democracy ffs.

A real "patriot" would not think this "better".

The smallest loss of life in the face of certain defeat is the best route for Ukraine.

Some would see 100,000 lives lost in a loss to Russia as a "win".

Maybe you are one of those, even if your family is amongst the 100,000 killed.

I'm not prepared to sacrifice mine in the face of certain defeat in a few weeks, or months.

But, as the saying goes, "to each his own".

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Looks like China doesn't want anything to do with sanctions .

"Chinese banks limit financing for Russian purchases – media"

RT

Biden shared US Intelligence with China, in the hopes of eliciting China's assistance with Sanctioning Russia.

Instead, China shared that intelligence with Russia.

www.nationalreview.com...

Biden - Worst President Ever.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm not prepared to sacrifice

Clearly.

Thank you for helping me to make the point.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This will cause mass civilian casualties. This thing crushes internal organs and vaporizes bodies.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Interesting history behind the Molotov 'cocktail'

Molotov cocktails are now illegal to manufacture or possess in many countries, including the UK and US.

Link
So why aren't we condemning the Ukraine president for this?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wordforword

another war crime incoming

If Russia wants to replace Ukraine's leadership, they should just do it. This 1920's type of bloody fighting may generate a lot of income for certain industries, and war medals, and heroism, and deaths...but it's all unnecessary if the goal is replacing leadership at the top. (Same method applies inside the USA, if we have an uprising against government leaders, but that's another thread.)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Molotov cocktail vs thermobaric weapon...but yes, Ukrainians are the Nazi and Putin is a piece-keeper.

People are insane.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Needs must i suppose Jane.

They are fighting for the survival of there nation against an opposing force that wish to occupy their land.

And install a puppet government of there own.

It's a worthy cause far ass i can establish if ever there was one.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That is a vile weapon which if used in a city should be condemed by everyone.
I hope you agree.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join