It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Uh oh. Ukraine lost more places in the south.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 26-2-2022 by YongpengSuen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

Thats the scariest part of this war. With more and more EU countries offering military aid/supplies... where will the line for "interference" be drawn? A "loosing" Russia might become far, far more dangerous than a "winning" Russia.

The threats from Putin are those of a bully , we stand united against his threats to show he is alone and isolated , not even China support or condone what Russia is doing.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm taking no sides in this impending 'war', but if all these countries keep sending their 'armaments' into Ukraine, they are going to short change themselves if Putin starts putting pressure on EU countries for example.
Whichever side you are on, this is not going to end well for ANYONE if tensions escalate beyond Ukraine.
Just finished watching this video. Goes back to 2014 to understand the background to what is going on. At around 30 mins, Boris is making a speech in HoC, and blatantly says UK will give direct military support.... to all intents and purposes he is doing a Neville Chamberlain ...... and we know what happened 6 months later.
So to everyone beating the war drums, be careful what you wish for.
Lin k
Worried Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: merka

Thats the scariest part of this war. With more and more EU countries offering military aid/supplies... where will the line for "interference" be drawn? A "loosing" Russia might become far, far more dangerous than a "winning" Russia.

The threats from Putin are those of a bully , we stand united against his threats to show he is alone and isolated , not even China support or condone what Russia is doing.

China is invading Taiwan soon. It will be a 2 front war for the US. China already has 3 Type 075 amphibious assault helicopter carriers and nearly 200 J-20 fighter jets, 4 Type 055 destroyers.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wow. Looks like Iskander M shot near Kharkov.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Arms supply to Ukraine don't really work because the bridges on Dnipro river are destroyers and Dnipro river cuts Ukraine in two and no way for arms from western Ukraine to get to eastern Ukraine across the river.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: YongpengSuen

China is invading Taiwan soon.

China want to diffuse the situation , there will be no attack on Taiwan soon

China’s President Xi Jinping said he supported solving the Ukraine crisis through talks in a call with Russian President Vladimir Putin after Moscow launched an invasion of its neighbour.

In a readout of the call on Friday on state broadcaster CCTV, Xi pointed out the “situation in eastern Ukraine has undergone rapid changes … [and] China supports Russia and Ukraine to resolve the issue through negotiation”.

Xi said on the call with Putin that it is important to “abandon the Cold War mentality, attach importance to and respect the reasonable security concerns of all countries, and form a balanced, effective and sustainable European security mechanism through negotiations”.
www.aljazeera.com...

China abstained from the vote against Russian actions yesterday instead of voting to support their ally.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No attack on Taiwan yet but once China is #1 economy and west is dependent on China for manufactured goods then China invade Taiwan and Russia invade Belarus at the same time.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Where there is a will there is a way

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
H s. Precision strike on a building in Kiev. Might be Krasnopol laser guided 152 mm.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:56 AM
link   

China is invading Taiwan soon. It will be a 2 front war for the US.

Good luck with that.
Underestimate the US at your peril.

China already has 3 Type 075 amphibious assault helicopter carriers and nearly 200 J-20 fighter jets, 4 Type 055 destroyers.

If they are anything like the Chinese goods I've experienced they'll fall to bits fairly quickly.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Alligator and HInd attack helicopters over the skies of Kiev

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Why would Russia invade their own puppet?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Why would Russia invade their own puppet?

To rebuild Russian empire. They got the Russian empire flag again after 1991.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

So what would you have the UK do Jane?
Sit back and let Putin walk all over the Ukraine?

I for one certainly don't have the answers.
And I certainly don't want British Armed Forces involved and neither do I want to see it escalate further.

But can we morally sit back and let Putin get away with it?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   

mapcarta.com... not the best at geography i see..... the river is on the eastern side of Kiev the supplies are coming from western nations from the west of the country ....

the polish convoy came through Mostyska probably why ukraninan forces engaged Russians at Brody and pushed them back to keep supply lines open

liveuamap.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Russian empire rebuilders patrolling in newly captured southern Ukraine in Tigr MRAP

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Notion: The Russians believed their own propaganda that most Ukrainians would welcome them with open arms. Someone on ATS predicted the Ukrainian Army would embrace their Russian "brothers" and throw down their weapons. That didn't happen, and the Ukrainians are fighting, with more determination than was expected.

Cheers

I think this is the best explanation so far. Instead of being welcomed they weren't and I think it has thrown Russians for a loop. I saw a video from some city in Ukraine. An elderly lady walked up to Russian soldiers and started yelling at them. The Russians were not expecting that from their reactions. I dont think she cared if she were killed. They way she approached and screamed at the Russians, I think, was an eye opener for the russians.

They assumed it would be an easy victory only because they believed their own propaganda.

The issue with that is does Putin believe his propaganda? If he does he is stupider than I have given him credit for. The other problem is how will he deal with the military now that they know they were lied to?

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

King George VI: I am impressed by the detail, the comprehensiveness of your planning. The expected losses, the sheer carnage...

Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower: I also ache at that thought, your majesty. I remember my first trip to Europe as a young man, and I felt blessed to be here, to see it, to touch the origins of my own country that I love so dearly. I hoped one day all young Americans will have the same opportunity. Now hundreds of thousands will, along with Britons, and Canadians and European Allies fighting to return home. This kind of visit isn't what I had in mind. But if they do not offer the sacrifice in blood now, we will all pay dearly with added gallons later. So if some must die, it is in a worthy cause.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

That's why Russians want eastern Ukraine which is the part that lies east of Dnipro river.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join