It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tape Shows 3 Kidnapped Reporters (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Another kidnapping, this time involving Romanian journalists. One these journalists is young female. I am not aware of the role that Romania plays in the war with Iraq, but I assume they were kidnapped and filmed because of their "Western" style of dress.

Kidnapped Journalists In Iraq
The Al-Jazeera satellite channel aired a tape Wednesday said to show three kidnapped Romanian journalists and a fourth unidentified person.

The tape showed the four seated on the ground in a room, with a blanket hung behind them. Two men — their faces covered with scarves — pointed guns at them.

The missing journalists, abducted Monday night near their Baghdad hotel, have been identified as reporter Marie Jeanne Ion, 32, and cameraman Sorin Dumitru Miscoci, 30, from Bucharest-based television station Prima TV, and Romania Libera reporter Ovidiu Ohanesian, 37.

In the video, a woman in the group wore a yellow headscarf. She spoke into a small microphone, but the station did not air the audio.

The station said no demands were made.

The missing journalists were taken hours after interviewing Iraq's interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi. One used her cell phone to send a text message to her newsroom reading, "Help. This is not a joke. We've been kidnapped."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Targeting journalists/forms of journalism is a form of psy-ops, both in warfare and in peacetime. Al-Jazeera is practically a branch of our government now. Remember the solar-powered radios airdropped in Afghanistan that broadcasted American-persuasions?

Our own psy-ops weapons are being used against us. But. . . ROMANIA? I know that kidnappers don't ask a persons' country of origin before they snatch them. . . but why enslave Romanians?

Dot.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by dotgov101]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

If I were a female journalist in Iraq, I don't think I'd be wandering around in blue jeans...

Not that she's asking for it. It's just a point I wish to state.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I really don't think nationality matters to the "insurgents"
btw could you include some facts in your intro paragraph, that way I don't have to look at the source article unless I want to know more. I can be lazy like that sometimes

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry about that. I added the rest of the story. There wasn't much stated about it...and it soon disappeared off Blahoo's main page to make room for "Rev. Falwell's Condition Upgraded To Stable" and "PA Museum Dismantling Dinosaur Collection."

Another example of psy-ops. Throw in some cheerful stuff to keep the masses balanced.

Dot.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There was also an American citizen kidnapped along with the three Romanians. This is possibly the fourth "unidentified person" in the photo?

US Citizen

[edit on 30-3-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I am not aware of the role that Romania plays in the war with Iraq, but I assume they were kidnapped and filmed because of their "Western" style of dress.

A constructive tip, dot.......the opening paragraph is intended for the unbiased facts of the story. The "I" portion of the submission is the reactionary paragraph at the bottom. Don't mean to be a stickler, but I have enjoyed your expression elsewhere on ATS and would enjoy it on ATSNN....don't want your submission's to get mired in constant correction's.....it's happened for less, I assure you.....

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

A constructive tip, dot.......the opening paragraph is intended for the unbiased facts of the story. The "I" portion of the submission is the reactionary paragraph at the bottom. Don't mean to be a stickler, but I have enjoyed your expression elsewhere on ATS and would enjoy it on ATSNN....don't want your submission's to get mired in constant correction's.....it's happened for less, I assure you.....

My apologies. I am unaccustomed to posting news stories. I read Banshee's guidelines, but I was so "excited" to be submitting a story, and I probably overlooked a few key points.

It appeared to me as though her guidelines were focused on grammar and spelling. I am sure that if I re-read them this time I will learn more. Sometimes it takes me two/three/four times to learn a different format of writing.

Dot.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dotgov101
My apologies. I am unaccustomed to posting news stories. I read Banshee's guidelines, but I was so "excited" to be submitting a story, and I probably overlooked a few key points.

No apologies needed.....I figured this was your first story and wanted to communicate how I would see more........you see, it was really a selfish thing for me to do....

My comments on the story center mainly on the psy-ops portion of the interpretation....I think for many reasons that kidnapping journalists illustrates the inhumanity(beheading of Nick Berg association) and americans, as well as the people who run them, love to depersonify their enemies.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by MemoryShock]

new topics

top topics

join