It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw the Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then you have the politicizing of masks. There are some who wear them because they don't want to be seen as Trump supporters. Those are the real DUMB ones.

And now it's about not giving up because they can't be wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

MANY things are widely accepted in parts of Asia that aren't good... communism.

But yea here in Florida people wear them on the beach and in the water. They are not Floridians because the only people who go in the water this time of year are Canadians and tourists.

We aren't talking about communism. We are talking about masks pre-covid.
It was a very courteous kind thing that was happening. It was not about forcing people to wear them. It was about if you were sick, you did things to prevent others from catching what you had. If people would simply do this, the world would be a better place. Pre-covid how many times did a coworker come in sick as a dog, then made everyone else sick? How many times did parents send in their really sick kids to school. I'm not talking about a little cold, i'm talking Flu, stomach flu, you know what I mean.

If people would just stay home, or take minor precautions, we'd all be healthier. It's too bad that everything has to
be the total extremes. If we could just meet in the middle sometimes, just think how much better that would be.

I'm a midwesterner but have lived in Florida for quite a bit of years in the past.
It was 20 something degrees the other day and I swear it felt warm. 70 would feel like a heat wave right now.
When it was in the 20s I can't tell you how many people you see without coats, and even a few knuckle heads wearing shorts.

edit on 14-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Pre-covid how many times did a coworker come in sick as a dog, then made everyone else sick?
If people would just stay home, or take minor precautions, we'd all be healthier. It's too bad that everything has to
be the total extremes. If we could just meet in the middle sometimes, just think how much better that would be.

How many times did you call in sick only to be told that if you didn't come in you didn't have a job? BTDT. I came in once and puked all over the Boss' desk while he was chewing me out for trying to call in.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: LSU2018

First let me preface this by saying I’ve always been somewhat pro mask. It was widely accepted to wear masks when YOU are sick in Asia so you don’t spread it to others. I also think in the early days of Covid we probably should have been wearing them, but we were told not to.
I don’t think they work as a widespread measure for various reasons, ill fitting, poor masks, touching your face to adjust etc. I think in a controlled environment with good masks, proper fitting, it would most definitely have helped.

So with
All that being said, I saw the absolute most dumb thing I could have laid my eyes on this weekend. I was at the pool.
You know what I’m about to say……….

A lady was wearing a mask….with water, at the pool.

Yeah...this one wins the Internet.

My God...I hope he hasn't reproduced.

I have a feeling that any sort of reproductive parts went into the wrong opening here.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

First let me preface this by saying I’ve always been somewhat pro mask. It was widely accepted to wear masks when YOU are sick in Asia so you don’t spread it to others. I also think in the early days of Covid we probably should have been wearing them, but we were told not to.
I don’t think they work as a widespread measure for various reasons, ill fitting, poor masks, touching your face to adjust etc. I think in a controlled environment with good masks, proper fitting, it would most definitely have helped.

So with
All that being said, I saw the absolute most dumb thing I could have laid my eyes on this weekend. I was at the pool.
You know what I’m about to say……….

"One time at Band Camp..."

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

"One time at Band Camp..."

When I first saw that pic, it seriously looked like mens underwear!

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JAGStorm

What about all the dudes with huge, bushy beards who perch their tiny little masks on top very gently so as not to smash their hairy-faced glory?

In the few instances I was forced to wear one, I would put it on as loosely and crooked as I could. I would stretch one side of the elastic out and make a bend for my nose as close to the edge of the mask as I could. I kept the same useless blue one balled up in my pocket or tossed into my console. There were even fibers fringed all over it. I might even still have it laying in the bottom of the trash bag I used when I traded my 2016 Ram in on a 2021 last year and cleaned my truck out at the dealership. I'm going to see if I can find it, I think I put my Trump switchblade knife in that bag anyways and need to dig it out.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Public pools at any point during a pandemic probably goes in the top 20 dumbest things society has done in recent years.

Goes right there with social distancing... Nothing screams idiocy like staying 6 feet away from the breath of a stranger just before you walk into that stranger's spot, as they move forward, and you breathe in their lingering breath.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You see dumb, I see a trailblazer. She will be the reason they make good waterproof masks or better cheaper masks for breathi g underwater

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: coamanach
a reply to: LSU2018

In Québec, the government told all sports team to stop practicing the said sport to protect the kids from covid.

At the same time, if you were part of the school orchestra, and you're playing one of the brass instruments, one you need to push air non stop in it, it's ok, classes went on and they even had concerts. Blowing brasses while facing the crowd...

But no sports...

This one reminds me of my brother's story about having to mask up to walk into the arena and change rooms to play hockey, but on the ice when getting close over the puck, he could smell awful dental disease from one and the garlic another ate for lunch. Stupid.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: halfoldman

It's the same in the US. There was a picture of a politician reading a story to a bunch of children. The children were masked the politician wasn't. I've called out people on masks, on how useless they are. I get told that since I'm not a Biologist, a Virologist or a Epidemiologist I don't know what I'm talking about. Then they go on to discuss moisture particles, contaminated with the virus travelling on a person's breath. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with a side business that focuses on heat and flow modeling. As soon as that virus is in a particle it isn't a Biology problem, it's a Physics problem. If you want to know the problem that I have with masks, just point a garden hose at a screen door or window screen. It breaks the flow up in to smaller droplets. It is a diffuser. That's what a mask does as well. Then you have the virus that it does block sitting on the mask in a nice warm moist spot that it can survive in until it comes loose and either gets sprayed back into the air or goes into the wearer's lungs.

Yeah, if anyone needs to wear a mask to cover their nose and mouth, it's the hideous Gain fabric softener girl. What? That's not Stacy Abrams?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I hope you took a moment to imagine the type of mask it would take to keep the water droplets out... because it would take the same kind to keep the water droplets in

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Huh, spying on me, eh???

Beards kinda make the whole mask thing somewhat silly...but needs must while at work.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

That's pretty much the way of it at my workplace. It's got to the point of absurdity. Company mandates 6 foot social distancing while on the production floor...

OK, fine...problem being the aisles and such are only about 5 feet, and a few inches. It's mostly ignored by us plebes. Though you will occasionally get the numpty that nags at people about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Given the quality of music in most school music programs...you may be on to something.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:10 PM
link   

How many times did you tell your parents you didn't feel good only to have them be skeptical of your claims? I did once and then got to school and puked all over everywhere.

I had to be on death's doorstep before my parents took me seriously that I was ill.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Huh, spying on me, eh???

Beards kinda make the whole mask thing somewhat silly...but needs must while at work.

Come clean now ... were you the one wearing it in his tiny little putt-putt car looking afraid to go faster than 50 in the fast lane? Cause if you were ... I have a bone to pick with drivers like you. And then the general absurdity of being a bushy-bearded man mountain in a "Smart" car with his teeny little mask on his magnificent neck drape was the cherry on top of the whole messed up cake.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Neither. I see that, too, on a fairly regular basis.

Just shake my head, and move on with my day--though a bit more unsure about the native intelligence of humanity.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How many times did you tell your parents you didn't feel good only to have them be skeptical of your claims? I did once and then got to school and puked all over everywhere.

I had to be on death's doorstep before my parents took me seriously that I was ill.

If i had a fever I got to stay home. Ive seen kids at school that look like they should be going to the ER they were so sick. All I could think is what kind of monsters would send their kids in? I’ll tell you, it was a school employed person!

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   
[dup

edit on 15-2-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join