It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw the Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Public pools at any point during a pandemic probably goes in the top 20 dumbest things society has done in recent years.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The mask has long stopped being anything about the pandemic. It is all about control with those who unthinkingly do it no matter what and those who question it. I'm saying this as one who has not really pushed back against wearing masks, but now even the CDC is saying they really do not do much, so it is 100% now about controlling people. Force them to wear a mask swimming and you can force them to do anything as long as authority tells them to do it.

I remember an old experiment where the subjects were told to electrocute a person for wrong answers and to keep upping the voltage as they got more wrong. With the person screaming help help, stop stop they kept doing it because the authority told them it was OK and not to stop. The unnerving part was a large percentage of people kept doing it and would not stop and that is what we are seeing today in even if it is wrong people do not want to stop or admit they been wrong so we will just keep wearing masks, even on our young kids as they scream help help, stop stop....

edit on 14-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Public pools at any point during a pandemic probably goes in the top 20 dumbest things society has done in recent years.

Depends on the disease. Considering COVID is supposed to be uniquely vulnerable to sunlight, a n outdoor pool probably isn't all that risky.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then you have the politicizing of masks. There are some who wear them because they don't want to be seen as Trump supporters. Those are the real DUMB ones.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The building in which I work tried to implement a "mask mandate," for employees.

Set aside the stupidity of only mandating employees wear the bridles, not vendors, residents, etc... and the fact that most employees have since said f it and don't wear them anymore; I wore my M-50 gas mask from the army the first two days of the "mandate."

Freaked enough people out the first day that they said I didn't have to wear a mask.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've seen it many times at water parks and on water rides the last couple years. Like tube water slides, boat rides, etc. We've been to the pretty much all of the Orlando parks (not Disney!) that don't require masks a bunch of times.

Can't say I've seen anyone actively swimming with one on though. That's impressively dumb.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Then you have the politicizing of masks. There are some who wear them because they don't want to be seen as Trump supporters. Those are the real DUMB ones.

Agree, people have kept wearing them as a form of virtue signalling to show they are not like the others who were not wearing them in the past...lol

edit on 14-2-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Our Company has a mask mandate. Twice a week we have a meeting where four of us sit six feet apart, wear masks and when the meeting is done, walk outside take off the masks, get into one car and go for Lunch.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
First let me preface this by saying I’ve always been somewhat pro mask. It was widely accepted to wear masks when YOU are sick in Asia so you don’t spread it to others. I also think in the early days of Covid we probably should have been wearing them, but we were told not to.
I don’t think they work as a widespread measure for various reasons, ill fitting, poor masks, touching your face to adjust etc. I think in a controlled environment with good masks, proper fitting, it would most definitely have helped.

So with
All that being said, I saw the absolute most dumb thing I could have laid my eyes on this weekend. I was at the pool.
You know what I’m about to say……….

A lady was wearing a mask….with water, at the pool.

Wonder how many women wearing the Trikini are going to try swimming with the mask on and suffocate.
edit on 14-2-2022 by Enduro because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2022 by Enduro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some of don't mind wearing a mask. It hides about half of my face, so I don't have to wear makup. I'm old and my face is not nice to behold, so I am treating the mask as an accessory and wear ones that match my clothing.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The instrument sterilises the breath coming out

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

That's your choice. I just don't like having no choice. I do not believe that they do anything other than to ease anxiety in some people. If I do see someone with a mask on I will stay as far away from them as I can as a courtesy and respect of their choice.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JAGStorm

What about all the dudes with huge, bushy beards who perch their tiny little masks on top very gently so as not to smash their hairy-faced glory?

My beard is my mask 😏

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Depends on the disease. Considering COVID is supposed to be uniquely vulnerable to sunlight, a n outdoor pool probably isn't all that risky.

A pandemic would seem to imply a contagion factor, and contagions travel exceptionally well in bodies of water shared as a bathing feature. "Probably isn't all that risky" is what it sounds like when people are minimizing the dangers. Have fun with that floatable outlet and electric grill Dave.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Mask and testing mandate at work dropped as of Wednesday the 16th. We haven't been wearing them in my lab since the new year anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I've seen some information that COVID doesn't last long in UV light. Add in the chemicals in the pool, hell it might be the safest place to be.

A friend pointed something out to me last night. Our schools used to have big banks of windows. One reason for this was that it improved the lighting in the classrooms. Another benefit was that it let in UV light which cut down on viruses and bacteria. In the late 80's and early 90's all of those windows were changed to glass that filters out UV light and new buildings eliminated most of the windows. We couldn't possibly have little Johnny and Jenny getting skin cancer and their parents suing the school. It was about that time that Asthma and other problems started being noticed in children.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here in SA (where despite varying lock-downs since March 2020 masks and sanitizer rules remain) I noticed gym was pretty full today.
The number of permissible attendees at any time has know risen from 80, to 100 to currently 130.

And every 30 minutes they announce that you may lower your mask while doing strenuous exercise on a machine (which are 2 meters apart, and of course you must sanitize the entire machine when done).

But, what I never heard is that even when your mask is lowered, you may not remove it from your face or chin!
So now it's 30-odd degrees Celsius, and you got this cloth on your chin and you're breathing, and sometimes slobbering on it - that is the side that's supposed to protect the public!

I thought, this is the dumbest or most counter-productive rule I have ever heard of.
But I saw they changed all the "rules" posters to actually say that.
Not sure what brought that on.

In the men's locker-rooms however there's no more masking tape spacing on the floor, or only every second locker may be used (as we had recently), so everybody just removes the mask anyway, but yet, they still haven't brought back the free shower-gel, in case an infected person touches the dispenser!
Hello, it's soap, you know the other weapon against Covid along with sanitizer!
edit on 14-2-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

It's the same in the US. There was a picture of a politician reading a story to a bunch of children. The children were masked the politician wasn't. I've called out people on masks, on how useless they are. I get told that since I'm not a Biologist, a Virologist or a Epidemiologist I don't know what I'm talking about. Then they go on to discuss moisture particles, contaminated with the virus travelling on a person's breath. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with a side business that focuses on heat and flow modeling. As soon as that virus is in a particle it isn't a Biology problem, it's a Physics problem. If you want to know the problem that I have with masks, just point a garden hose at a screen door or window screen. It breaks the flow up in to smaller droplets. It is a diffuser. That's what a mask does as well. Then you have the virus that it does block sitting on the mask in a nice warm moist spot that it can survive in until it comes loose and either gets sprayed back into the air or goes into the wearer's lungs.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
It was widely accepted to wear masks when YOU are sick in Asia so you don’t spread it to others.

MANY things are widely accepted in parts of Asia that aren't good... communism.

But yea here in Florida people wear them on the beach and in the water. They are not Floridians because the only people who go in the water this time of year are Canadians and tourists.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: butcherguy

The instrument sterilises the breath coming out

I had postulated that COVID is afraid of music.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join