It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Covid-19 trucks backed up for miles at Blue Water Bridge to Canada and Police Sweep In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Back in the day I have crossed that bridge 100's of time on my way to General Motors Powertrain. I was a Launch Supplier Quality Engineer and worked for GM World Wide Purchasing. It’s a tight road and I do not know how this will end. OK, so do you bring in the Army with boom booms? I am not against the truckers however I also don’t care for Witmer or anything Democrats in the USA today as it all seems corrupted to the bone. Same for our MSM and same some for some RHINOS also. That's a lot of trucks and each rig [with sleeper] is typically worth on average close to $175,000

On another thread there is talk between Justin Trudeau and USA about sending the Michigan National Guard into Canada? Yikes.

Why I posted this thread is because I wanted to see for myself as to what was actually going on in Canada. Many say that Ottawa was under siege but beyond the 1st day no one ever posted a view from the sky as to the size of the crowd. Well there is a video in this link and yes the trucks are backed up for miles.

Aerial video shows trucks backed up for miles and miles at Blue Water Bridge to Canada

ORT HURON, Mich. – Aerial video from the border of Michigan and Canada shows trucks backed up for miles and miles as they wait to cross the Blue Water Bridge. On Monday, demonstrations from the Canadian “Freedom Convoy” halted traffic at the Ambassador Bridge. The group is protesting a mandate that requires drivers entering Canada to be fully vaccinated or agree to testing and quarantine protocols. The backup started around 3 p.m. Monday (Feb. 7) on I-75 at the Ambassador Bridge. Thousands of truckers were left stranded on Detroit roads, with nowhere to go. On Tuesday morning, aerial video showed semi trucks backed up for an estimated 5-7 miles as they tried to travel to Canada using the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.

UPDATE:

Canadian authorities swept in Saturday and removed most of the trucks and protesters

Police move in to disperse trucker protests on US-Canada border

edit on 14-2-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 14-2-2022 by Waterglass because: update

edit on 14-2-2022 by Waterglass because: remove

edit on 14-2-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 14-2-2022 by Waterglass because: rewrite

edit on 14-2-2022 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It is strange that the police do something about the disruption caused by the mostly nice people that just want to be heard about their problem yet do so little against those that burn down entire city blocks and kill people. It is like they are ether afraid or just following orders and not applying the law equally.

Stranger still are the ones that can't see what is obvious, the governments no longer fear or even listen to the people.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Not at all. They are new protesters trying to get to the stage

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Yes, its beyond quite strange. That New World Order they is more than a theory as I read the documents of what they want.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Two things:

1 - I assume you are "what-about-ism" -ing the BLM protests. We never had rioting, looting, or burning of city blocks in Canada. The blockades in Ottawa and at the border have more in common with Wet'suwet'en blockages in 2021.

Spoiler Alert - those people were arrested for breaking the law.

2 - It is not lawful to blockade a border (or a roadway, or a city center).

Edit - I wanted to share one link - Our BLM/Anti-Police Brutality/Solidarity Protests:
en.wikipedia.org...

Summary of what happened in Ottawa:

Ottawa: On 5 June, an estimated 20,000 people took part in protest and march in front of Parliament Hill, the United States Embassy, and continued past the Senate of Canada Building, to the Human Rights Monument. The march was named No Peace Until Justice Ottawa, and was a march of solidarity in honour of George Floyd, anti-black racism, and police brutality. The march was attended by politicians including Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada.[53][54] The event featured speeches and an eight-minute and 46 second moment of silence, before marching through Downtown Ottawa. The crowd chanted "Black Lives Matter", "No justice, no peace", and held up signs denouncing police brutality, including the murder of an unarmed black man by Ottawa Police.[55] Some businesses and banks downtown boarded up windows in advance of the march, although there were no reports of damage and only a few minor physical altercations with police occurred.[56]

edit on 2022-2-14 by joejack1949 because: why not

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I dont know what this talk about Whitmer and the National guard is, but she has absolutely NO authority to send our troops into a foreign country PERIOD that is reserved for the POTUS , that would be treason on her part and Trudeaux part........

You know what, I say both of em go for it and lets lock them up and throw away the key....

I can tell you one thing, if Americans watch US troops go in to Canada for this there will be hell to pay when they come home

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

Two things:

1 - I assume you are "what-about-ism" -ing the BLM protests. We never had rioting, looting, or burning of city blocks in Canada. The blockades in Ottawa and at the border have more in common with Wet'suwet'en blockages in 2021.

Spoiler Alert - those people were arrested for breaking the law.

Edit - I wanted to share one link - Our BLM/Anti-Police Brutality/Solidarity Protests:
en.wikipedia.org...

Summary of what happened in Ottawa:

Ottawa: On 5 June, an estimated 20,000 people took part in protest and march in front of Parliament Hill, the United States Embassy, and continued past the Senate of Canada Building, to the Human Rights Monument. The march was named No Peace Until Justice Ottawa, and was a march of solidarity in honour of George Floyd, anti-black racism, and police brutality. The march was attended by politicians including Justin Trudeau, the Prime Minister of Canada.[53][54] The event featured speeches and an eight-minute and 46 second moment of silence, before marching through Downtown Ottawa. The crowd chanted "Black Lives Matter", "No justice, no peace", and held up signs denouncing police brutality, including the murder of an unarmed black man by Ottawa Police.[55] Some businesses and banks downtown boarded up windows in advance of the march, although there were no reports of damage and only a few minor physical altercations with police occurred.[56]

Antifa BLM protestors were violent, even in Canada.

They broke windows in Montreal and tore down a statue , Taliban-like, of our first PM , John A MacDonald
Statue was later restored.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

The person I responded to said:

[police] do so little against those that burn down entire city blocks and kill people

None of that happened here.

Do you think it's a fair comparison to say that blocking a major border crossing is equivalent to breaking windows and knocking over a statue of SJAM?

Edit - "taliban-like" LOL are you high?

edit on 2022-2-14 by joejack1949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I read the story this morning but cant find it now. They may have pulled it. Another member posted a story in which Trudeau himself was responding to a question relating to USA troops.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

5 years ago, I would have thought they'd be locked away, but the democrats have nearly turned the USA into a 3rd world country within a single year. Now the corrupt, power hungry sharks sit atop the hill making their own rules and attacking/arresting the ones who dare say no to them. We're in extremely dangerous times. Not to mention, the left have been working on brainwashing the military since the obama administration.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

You

Shrugs….

Isn’t part of the protest by the truckers having to have a mandated medical procedure for entering the country….

edit on 14-2-2022 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The difference being that the Federal Government actually has the authority to close the border.

The flow of goods has never stopped since the pandemic began. We never shut down manufacturing or construction in Ontario.

The protesters shut down a critical piece of infrastructure for both of our countries - hence the government response. Protests are all well and good until you affect Lockheed Martin or Raytheon.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
BLM Terrorizing Montreal

Strange, it seems that BLM did riot in Canada. I am too lazy to search it out but I heard BLM protestors also danced on the tomb of the unknown soldier and completely destroyed at least one statue. I don't know, the truckers seem a whole lot more peaceful to me yet the politicians were all behind BLM. JT talks about how wonderful it was to march with them. Something really stinks here.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Fair point you've both made - I wasn't aware of the Montreal window smashings, but I did read about it. Did you realize that the police declared the protest illegal within 3 hours and started tear-gassing protesters?

Now that I've addressed your whataboutism, do you have anything to say about the topic on hand?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949
The truckers have been amazingly peaceful which is impressive given the numbers. That's not easy to do, any time you get a huge crowd together it's easy to get out of hand but it hasn't. Why is the media portraying them as violent nazis doing all sorts of heinous things when they're not? And why are politicians making comparisons between the truckers and blm, praising blm for being a wonderful protest? Definitely looks like a NWO takeover. Let's praise what brings society closer to mad max world for the masses with totalitarian control by the chosen few. It's a shame those in the cities are completely blind to what's going on. They'll get what's coming to them when they're no longer useful.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Who is blocking who here, and why so many comments by strippers on the YouTube News link?

edit on 14-2-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

What exactly is a 'Covid-19 Truck'?

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadlyStaringFrog

Just trying to interpret your comment... are you in favor of the border blockade?

Why is the media portraying them as violent nazis doing all sorts of heinous things when they're not?

People were flying confederate flags, and Canadian flags covered in swastikas during the initial days of the Ottawa occupation. Obviously the media wants to demonize the people involved, so they were focusing on the "bad apples" in the group.

And why are politicians making comparisons between the truckers and blm, praising blm for being a wonderful protest?

I haven't heard politicians comparing the two, so I can't really comment. These blockades have more in common with the G20 Protest, and the Wet'suwet'en conflict, both of which resulted in mass arrests.

top topics

join