It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Canadian members, tell us how the Trucker Convoy is affecting you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

No effect other than water-cooler conversations at work.

-No food shortage or empty shelves
-No additional traffic other than more people going to work
-My job is more in-demand than ever; we struggle to keep talent in key roles
-No change to mail services, I just ordered something from Japan that showed up in less than a week
-Gas is expensive and plentiful

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Auntie Matter

Hey! We’re neighbours! I’m in West Ed.

To DTOM.

How has all of this impacted me personally?

I have been invigorated! I feel like I was born for this crap. Since the 1980s I have been a “conspiracy theorist”, aware of the corruption and undercurrents that define our governments.

Now, for me, this is the time to speak out and put all of that study into practice. Back the truckers, inform the uninformed, and strive for the prize of real freedom.

I also feel vindicated and have to resist shouting “I told you so, I told you so” over and over again.

posted on Feb, 9 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
a reply to: Auntie Matter

Hey! We’re neighbours! I’m in West Ed.

Cheers to you, neighbour!

I grew up in the west end. I lurked here for a few years before I joined, and have alway had a keen interest in all things esoteric and tin-foil hat...more than half the time it's proven conspiracy TRUTH. I always enjoy your posts when I bump into them despite the fact I am a very sporadic poster. All best to you. Drop me a PM any time you like--I'm there every Saturday and would be honoured to give you a solid HIGH FIVE in solidarity with ATS and our home and native land!

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
That’s worth noting. The prices are absolutely bonkers 3$ for a dozen eggs, 7$ For 4L of milk 1.65$ per litre of gas. I just picked up some ribeyes from the store they where unimpressive cuts 17$ each…..two chicken breasts…About 7$

Even the price of tap water has quadrupled in the last 2 years….taxes went up also in my small town.

a reply to: MykeNukem

$7 bucks for 4L of milk? Wow were are you at? Way up North? I paid $4.55 for 4L a few days ago in Western Canada
edit on 10-2-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Athetos

Curious about saltine crackers in Canada.
They seem to be totally missing now in my area, east side of Michigan

I buy the "Christie Brown" crackers "premium plus". They are the main crackers everybody eats here (in Western Canada anyways) and I have been eating them my entire life. I haven't noticed anything too out of the norm on them. I remember maybe 3 months ago my usual grocery store was sold out of "salted" ones but I just went to another store down the street and got them and my usual grocery store has had them ever since.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm in Southern Alberta and the Trucker convey hasnt really effected us here at all, other then the Coutts border crossing Alberta/Montana was shut down from the protest for several days. It was reopened one lane going each way for awhile then it was shut down again. Border crossing is about 3 hours from me so it hasn't effected me personally. I know I heard traveller's and some trucks that are working just ended up going to a different border crossing 2-3 hours away.

As far as friends and family of mine they are mostly in favor, I do work with and know many immigrants from South Asian countries like India, Pakistan, Nepal, also Afghanistan, Iraq etc some have been here 10-15 years +, but many are much newer just a few years, some even less and most of them have completely eaten up the main stream media narrative that's its a bunch of racist, white supremacists. They mentionied the other day that they heard the Prime Minister saying it was a bunch of racists flying racist flags. I talk to the ones that I'm good friends with and tell them not to believe that narrative and I'm telling them to go watch some YouTube videos and you will see there's no racist flags being flown etc but lots of times when you are new or newer to a country and all the media and government is pushing things one way people tend to believe it or they dont want to publicly question it out loud with other people.

Edit- on a side note Where I live in Alberta they got rid of all vaccine passports now and all schools no longer have to wear masks. Adults still got to wear masks in indoor public places but I heard that's gonna end at the end of the month. Malls and fast food places, restaurants etc have been getting busier as well, you will still have the groups of people who avoid them but should continue to get busier with passports gone now.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I'm in northern Alberta (Grande Prairie) and a local truck driver for over 20 years. We've had shortages here fo
r months, salted crackers, cereal, granola bars, kleenex, cat litter(especially the silica litter, its non existant) and fresh produce is hit and miss. I live in the sticks in a good area with strong neighbors, so eggs and meat and services are traded locally all the time.

A friend of mine was posted in Ottawa with the convoy against the barricades, all of his live feeds showed nothing but good vibes and solidarity in ending the mandates peacefully. He unfortunately had to remove himself and his truck Thursday due to the stress. The stories numerous people were telling him about wanting to kill themselves before the convoy came in and restored their faith was too much, as he had lost a family member this way. He said 1 or 2 people he could handle, but it was 60 or 70 a day, and people just kept coming... treating them as heros and putting them on pedestals. Hes a simple humble guy just fighting for his/our rights. Hes moved down o Coventry so should be getting more live feeds soon.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think people have finally seen Amerika in it's true glory!

...and we're all following along but it's getting harder for us Canadians to believe we are on the right side of this

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I live in Toronto - traffic downtown is tough but workable if patient with the closures on the w/e (they close the streets to stop the trucks). Gas is $1.59 per l so around $3.36 / gal. no gas shortages. store sheleves are ok some products becoming rarer I suppose but no real worries now.

Mask mandates everywhere and capacity restrictions at restaurants, churches and gyms etc. Many people walk outside with masks on still (downtown worse). it would be weird to go into a costco or some home depot without a mask and very rare to see anyone like that.

I work in high tech and worked from home for last 15 years. Reluctantly, recently double vaxed (outcasted at work + potential travel restrictions). Will not get booster (we're done) once it was finally confirmed about how covid has been reported all along (though no one talks about that much in the media now). Some mainstream media is starting to question all the mandates, but most folks over 30 probably do not side with truckers protests or really even understand what this has morphed into.

I have 3 adult children 30 and under with kids and just my daughter the teacher is jabbed. None of us has really stopped doing anything we normally do since day 1, Gyms and restaurants affected the adult kids the most. My wife is a super cook, so we could care less about eating overpriced salty food at some restauant

I beleive inflation is around 6% overall from the recent data so everything costs more. House prices in Toronto are super super crazy now. Not sustainable

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bill3kids

I am curious for Toronto how has the mandates or the vaccine passport system being affecting the restaurants or those bars that were forced into accepting the vaccine passports?

I heard there were sevearl restaurant owners that had force close their businesses because this was not sustainable of opening or re closing it again.

I had seen on the news the mayor of Toronto is still pushing the boosters and vaxing the east of Toronto again. I dont think we will reach 100%.

100% is not doable.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

OUR qr code is being cancelled in HOLLAND VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 days and its GONE and im no longer a outcast in my own country!!!!
THANK U TRUCKERS IN CANADA IN HOLLAND AND WORLDWIDE HOOT HOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theyre saying they want to keep the option open but theres NO WAY we will let it come back now
are u kidding all ur lies have been exposed for the world to see and there will be JUSTICE once this is all over couint on it
UU f

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
mentioned before - Being Half Canadian - I Feel Proud !

edit on 2162022 by MetalThunder because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join