It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First day back!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

May as well be Nunavut. 🤣

We used to camp every few years at the Lake Superior Provincial Park, little south of Wawa. Beautiful night skies. That's about as far north as we'd ever go.

Cracks me up that with all the Wawas (gas and convenience store chain) we have down here and no one knows why it has a Canada Goose for the logo.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Oh nice!
Wawa isnt that far from here.
And when I say not far, I mean within 10 hours driving distance. lol
The next closest major city from where I live is about 9 hours away and in another province.
We're fairly isolated up here lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

May as well be Nunavut. 🤣

We used to camp every few years at the Lake Superior Provincial Park, little south of Wawa. Beautiful night skies. That's about as far north as we'd ever go.

Cracks me up that with all the Wawas (gas and convenience store chain) we have down here and no one knows why it has a Canada Goose for the logo.

When it comes to -40 I'd prefer Nunavut, or at least less of it...lol.

I'm about 3 hours from Wawa, it's just plain cold up there, Timmins is even worse.

Mind you lots of States have similar temps, not including Alaska of course.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well, I have some good news!!!
Its only -32 now!

If we can get down to -25 c ill be very happy with that.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah, I don't know what cold is any longer. Dropped down into the high 30s F (2° C, give or take) a few days ago. I was bundled up like I still lived up north.

I do not miss the cold or snow one bit. Or the summer mosquitos. Would think being surrounded by swamps here they'd be bad, but they're nothing compared to Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Wow really?!?!
No mosquitos?!

Nunavut, more specifically, Cambridge Bay Nunavut.
The absolute most god awful mosquitos and black flies I ever had to endure.
Once the tundra thaws up there, outside becomes clouds of black.
And loud. You can hear the swarm of blood sucking bastards from like 20 meters away.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I can't believe I forgot about the black flies. They were the size of sparrows and swarms would frequently carry away small children.

We have the pests down here, but nothing, and I mean nothing like up north. We have a fairly aggressive mosquito control program in the county, so surely that helps. But I think it's more all the frogs, toads, snakes, lizards, and spiders we have that do the bulk of the work.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: MykeNukem

Yeah, I don't know what cold is any longer. Dropped down into the high 30s F (2° C, give or take) a few days ago. I was bundled up like I still lived up north.

I do not miss the cold or snow one bit. Or the summer mosquitos. Would think being surrounded by swamps here they'd be bad, but they're nothing compared to Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

For sure.

If you've lived in the UP, same thing as here pretty much, we may get a touch colder but not much.

After reading the flying car thread I've got an idea to capture one of our northern mosquitoes and try riding on its back...

edit on 1/26/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 26 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Well, I have some good news!!!
Its only -32 now!

If we can get down to -25 c ill be very happy with that.

Downright balmy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join