It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Resurrection I love it. Spoiler free

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Think of the force awakens.

Never saw it . Was never a big fan of Star wars.

Goto zoechip and stream it right now.

I have hbo max which I think has it , but thanks .

Nostalgia and great fan service.

Great .

Watching the trailer , hearing the XY chromosome wachowski talk about it, and not really caring for the last 2 matrix sequels my expectations weren't and aren't very high .

Hows the acting? From the trailer it looks like the acting and casting is nowhere near as good as the original matrix. Same with episodes 2 and 3 though.

How does it compare to the first?
edit on 391231America/ChicagoWed, 22 Dec 2021 16:39:35 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It feels like a delicate balance between paying tribute to the first Matrix film and overwriting it completely. There's some Rick and Morty vibes but not in the cool thought provoking sense, more like muddled contrivance. Patrick Neil Harris was easily the most unoriginal character and Groff is conveniently ambiguous. Nothing about the film feels like a continuation but a fanfiction that was adapted for easy money. I suppose they thought it would be more palatable for audiences if they disguised this "the force awakens" style nostalgia reel by painting it as a tragic love story but even that angle is perverted into a cheaply recycled plot point.

We'll see how much the general audience reaction resembles mine next year after the first couple hundred reviews both critic and casual movie goer.
edit on 22-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

It’s totally subjective of course, but I found the acting as spot on as one could expect from a movie like the matrix.

The movie, right upfront, makes fun of itself.
They know it’s a “been there, done that” type of thing with these reboots/sequels, but they know that and make it very clear that they know that lol if that makes sense.
Just peep it out.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Okay, I finally finished the whole movie, I enjoyed and it wasn't too over the top PC, the Smith and Morpheus recast ultimately were okay. Groff did decently, so did NPH as the new antagonist

ultimately, though it felt like a Matrix/ The Way We Were mashup, but much more entertaining than sequel 2 or 3
edit on 22-12-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yeah I thought so too.
I like how the role of the “One” seems to have changed.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

But when it came down to it, did you enjoy it?
We’re you entertained enough that you might find yourself watching it again some time down the line?

Like there’s enough there that new audience members won’t be completely lost and for those who have a difficult time understanding a movie (think of my wife) it lays pretty much everything out for them.
So I think need newcomers may enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 22 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   

watched it
better than part 2 and 3 (not hard to do) but nowhere equal to part 1.

some part's felt like holly cow this might be on the level of matrix one but then it goes back to feeling like the rebooots. not a good thing

the pc crap wasnt horrible but they met their quota without really fking up the plot to much . although i felt neo and especially trinity were kind of held back as the main characters which is a shame.

the acting: new script for Morpheus sucked. laurence fishburne was much better. didn't care for the comical aspect added to morpheus.

the new mr smith wasn't as horrible as the new Morpheus but Hugo Weaving played the part much better. the rest of the cast wasnt horrible and jada smith was actually better at hetr role this time then the previous times.

doogie howser did good but i felt having him casted took away from the role / character. would have been better played by lesser known type casted actor.

overall watchable if a fan of the matrix but not great, meh at best.

edit on 171231America/ChicagoWed, 22 Dec 2021 23:17:05 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

watched it
better than part 2 and 3 (not hard to do) but nowhere equal to part 1.

some part's felt like holly cow this might be on the level of matrix one but then it goes back to feeling like the rebooots. not a good thing

the pc crap wasnt horrible but they met their quota without really fking up the plot to much . although i felt neo and especially trinity were kind of held back as the main characters which is a shame.

the acting: new script for Morpheus sucked. laurence fishburne was much better. didn't care for the comical aspect added to morpheus.

the new mr smith wasn't as horrible as the new Morpheus but Hugo Weaving played the part much better. the rest of the cast wasnt horrible and jada smith was actually better at hetr role this time then the previous times.

doogie howser did good but i felt having him casted took away from the role / character. would have been better played by lesser known type casted actor.

overall watchable if a fan of the matrix but not great, meh at best.

I know exactly what you are saying, there were some parts I was going okay here it goes, and then it would pull back. It was like the whole train scene was up and down, in my estimation.

but mostly Im obviously not part of the demographic makeup of Lana's target audience anymore either

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My husband and I have an inside joke about every movie we see.

We'll say in the middle of the fight scenes "See? It's a love story."

We say this in regard to everything we watch.

Without fail.

We enjoyed the film.

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: TzarChasm

But when it came down to it, did you enjoy it?
We’re you entertained enough that you might find yourself watching it again some time down the line?

Like there’s enough there that new audience members won’t be completely lost and for those who have a difficult time understanding a movie (think of my wife) it lays pretty much everything out for them.
So I think need newcomers may enjoy it.

Newcomers may enjoy it. They're allowed to. But it simply doesn't fill the shoes of the original trilogy, unless there's a part 2 coming out in the next couple years that will reframe the plot threads I watched. I can be patient, but I know better than to expect great things from reboots or any movie with "Resurrection" in the title. Especially from WB.

edit on 23-12-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wish part 2 - part 4 would have taken a different angle on the story line.

Perhaps incorporating the ending of the movie The Signal into the real world outside the matrix.

The first Matrix was great because it was a mystery of where it was going, especially since I saw it without ever watching a trailer for it or knowing anything about it.

Looking back from my recollection at sequels 2 and 3 I found the parts of the real world boring. Part 4 real world scenes weren't as bad as part 2 and 3 scenes but not as entertaining and mysterious as part 1 either.

Hear me out:
I think it would have been really cool and a surprise twist if the sequel would have broken out of the matrix and found out that in reality the machines were only a small part of it. The bigger picture are Aliens that controlled the AI and machines. Kind of made a continuation from the ending of the movie The Signal . Heck it even had Laurence Fishburne in it.

edit on 311231America/ChicagoThu, 23 Dec 2021 12:31:45 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Any of this type of eye-candy in it?

I.e., any Sci-Fi ships, sentinels and APU's in there? (APU = Armored Personnel Unit)

Or is the focus more on propagandizing lame philosophy about being in limbo or Bishop Berkeley's philosophy of immaterialism or 'choice' for example, relational/emotional drama, and sermons about prophecies and oracles followed by weird dance parties that feel out of place and take up way too much time?

I think if I want my Sci-Fi fix right now, I'm beter off with sticking with The Expanse, new season is excellent so far, better than the last (although that one started out strong at first as well).
edit on 27-12-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I wanted to like it and overall the acting was good and made it watchable for me. I loved the first Matrix as most people did. One of sci-fi's all time best. When I watch that I usually just stop there and act as if it's a self contained film with no sequels. The movie felt like a money grab based on the nostalgia factor. Don't get me wrong like The Force Awakens it was great to see certain characters back on the big screen. Saw the other 3 in theaters felt it only appropriate to do the same with this one. But at the end it just made me wish even more than The Matrix was a one and done deal leaving it as one of the great sci-fi classics of our generation. But because there are now 3 other films attached to the name it seems like just a money machine now. Kind of the very idea of the matrix in and of itself. We become slaves to a machine, albeit a movie franchise, actual machines, a system, etc. Funny how the matrix becomes the very idea it tried to teach us.

The woke factor is there but a lot more subtle than I initially thought it was going to be. NPH does a great job as does Moss and Reeves. Really shows how Reeves has become a better actor in the roles he takes. Long way from Bill and Ted for sure. Classics as well. The first 2.

Biggest missing piece and really took away from the film was not getting Hugo Weaving back. You could just tell some of the conversations were meant for him and Reeves to have. And let's face it their chemistry is the only watchable part of 2 & 3. So without him certain parts fall short and feel empty. Same with Morpheus. Certain actors are synonymous with their characters and for it to really work you need to accept that and get those individuals to reprise their roles.

But overall. If youre a matrix fan it's worth a watch. It does have a few good funny moments. But in the end, just watch the first one and ignore the rest.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I enjoyed it. I thought it was better than the second and third, though it's been a while. I liked the story and could relate to Neo and the dynamics involved. Idk how well it stands on it's own, but enjoyed the taste nostalgia and sense of humour. The original blew my mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Just finished watching it... excellent movie

probably one of the best i've seen in a long time... literally on the edge of my seat the whole movie, bringing back memories of watching the originals

flows perfectly with the rest of the movies... but im left wondering IF there will be another

i wouldn't mind seeing another

edit on 11-1-2022 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Movie was ok

I like how the role of the one was changed.

posted on Apr, 3 2022 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Seen it now, not as bad as I had expected, but still pretty poor in comparison with the other Matrix movies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join