It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien memes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
How do we know whats extraterrestial and whats not. Who's to say that some of our memes (ideas) aren't extraterrestial in origin.

For the sake of argument lets just say that humans had no idea how to make bread then by whatever means an extraterrestial source gave one person the idea of mixing a few ingredients together and there you go with the very nature if memes that one idea will spread likr the one im telling you now is.

My belief is that we have been invaded on a mass scale not by a lifeform but simply by their ideas and if there more intelligent than us their memes will have a much greater chance of surviving. From what i know about memes that is true the more intelligent the origins of the memes are the greater chance they have of surviving.

(For those that don't know memes are basically ideas and thoughts.)

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I understand your post, but would you claim they taught monkeys and apes to use rocks to break coconuts and other such food stuffs? Maybe teach animals to eat/drick sap from tree's.

In my opinion although a good thought/nice idea - it doesnt hold much water. I am a ferm beleiver in alien visitation, but not for the Home Economics of things.

Too many species and cultures have natural acts that if we studied them could claim that "an alien race taught them". Really it is evolution, survival instinct and curiosity that is the culprit here.

Regards

Boondog?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boon_Dog

I understand your post, but would you claim they taught monkeys and apes to use rocks to break coconuts and other such food stuffs? Maybe teach animals to eat/drick sap from tree's.

In my opinion although a good thought/nice idea - it doesnt hold much water. I am a ferm beleiver in alien visitation, but not for the Home Economics of things.

Too many species and cultures have natural acts that if we studied them could claim that "an alien race taught them". Really it is evolution, survival instinct and curiosity that is the culprit here.

Regards

Boondog?

I'm not saying that aliens taught people everything or even taught them anything. Im just saying that i believe that some of their ideas have either purposefully or accidentally found its way to us. Much like the voyager probes are purposefully spreding our memes, whether or not anyone receives them is another matter.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
For instance if i told you 2+2=7.978 then that is a meme, a very unsucesful one as is evident but surely some ideas from extraterrestials sources have reached us or at least our memes have reached them.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Those all-powerfull, genius extraterrestrials have not done a good job then, and they are still crashing, and hiding like rats.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
egggxssscellent.

ewe have opined the can of wyrms. by finnegan's wake shell you bee free.

siriusly, lard draco will reed your wyrd.

new topics

top topics

join