It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid: veterans study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This veterans study should give us some insight. The result can be guessed: everyone on the boosters.
The effect of the vaccine is diminishing visibly. Johnson vaccine is only a little more than 10 percent protective after 6 months. (Add to this the careless behavior resulting from a false sense of security.)
This study says little: the number of deaths decreases (if I understand correctly by around 1.5 percent compared to the unvaccinated). So the mRNA vaccines work. But we already knew that. The only question is whether they work sufficiently. And whether they do not cause side effects that last a lifetime. Women are not included in this study. It is not stated how many of the participants have gone through a natural infection. I'm not questioning the study, but I wonder if that 1 percent or so benefit is enough to force boosters on everyone. You may find other questions about the study. Long term side effects? Anyway, this study only convinced me of weakness of the vaccines. This cannot be the results they expected when in the beginning of this year the first shot was given.
www.science.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
This veterans study should give us some insight. The result can be guessed: everyone on the boosters.
The effect of the vaccine is diminishing visibly. Johnson vaccine is only a little more than 10 percent protective after 6 months. (Add to this the careless behavior resulting from a false sense of security.)
This study says little: the number of deaths decreases (if I understand correctly by around 1.5 percent compared to the unvaccinated). So the mRNA vaccines work. But we already knew that. The only question is whether they work sufficiently. And whether they do not cause side effects that last a lifetime. Women are not included in this study. It is not stated how many of the participants have gone through a natural infection. I'm not questioning the study, but I wonder if that 1 percent or so benefit is enough to force boosters on everyone. You may find other questions about the study. Long term side effects? Anyway, this study only convinced me of weakness of the vaccines. This cannot be the results they expected when in the beginning of this year the first shot was given.
www.science.org...

From your link.

From July to October 2021, VE-D for age 65 years was 73.0% for Janssen, 81.5% for Moderna, and 84.3% for Pfizer-BioNTech; VE-D for age ≥65 years was 52.2% for Janssen, 75.5% for Moderna, and 70.1% for Pfizer-BioNTech. Findings support continued efforts to increase vaccination, booster campaigns, and multiple, additional layers of protection against infection.

The vaccines are effective against the worst
outcome from covid.

edit on 7-11-2021 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Yes they are. But to me not effective enough. Because just a small number of unvaccinated end up death. And we no nothing about how many had myocarditis during the study (just an example).
Anyway. Thanks to everyone who will react. Even if you don't react but just give it a thought.
I need a break.
The doorbell just rang: unexpected family issues ...

edit on 7-11-2021 by zandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

Gotta take into consideration that many veterans have a few more health problems than the average citizen.

From the study:

Benefits of vaccination in reducing risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection and death are clearly supported by this study of more than 780,225 U.S. Veterans.

edit on 7 11 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Best long term peace of mind comes from Contracting and Recovering from Covid-19.

www.cdc.gov...

When my wife had Covid-19 in February, I made sure to contract it from her. We both recovered in a few days, went to LabCorp the next week to be tested, which confirmed we had the Covid-19 antibodies, and got a certification sheet saying so.

So far 45 million Americans have recovered and now enjoy natural immunity. No need to even consider being injected with the experimental warp-speed drugs.

Peace of mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Since you always have answers, what happens 6 months after the boosters? Will that make the protection last longer, or will it be the same as the first two? And how long does natural immunity work?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Since you always have answers, what happens 6 months after the boosters? Will that make the protection last longer, or will it be the same as the first two? And how long does natural immunity work?

I don't have all the answers.

I also don't make inaccurate claims like the OP.

If we need boosters to maintain the same level of protection so what?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

So you don't know?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So you don't know?

I think I already answered that, what's your point,?

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan
What this study doesn't say is: what will the mrna shot do in the long term.
Myocarditis and blood clotting are mostly not deadly but they will make you die sooner.
Cancer? Maybe those who already have cancer and are in remission, will immediately come out of remission. so what dr Ryan Cole says (20 fold increase) could be due to the vaccines. But what nobody knows is what the mrna vaccines are doing with our immune system. I guess: nothing good.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

I'm curious about the French vaccine that is made using the 'traditional' procedures (non-mRNA). It will be interesting to see how enduring its benefits are, and if they are better or worse than the mRNA jabs.

Cheers

join