It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPS Becareful what you ASK for You might GET IT No Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

originally posted by: game over man
Actually Seattle just voted pro police sadly. Seattle is a very white city, and a lot of people didn't vote.

The only people that would find that sad are criminals or apologists for criminals. The fact is the rising crime rate made the law abiding citizens; of all races, vote against the criminal apologists "defund the police" and "bail reform" madness.

Defunding the police is not pro-crime, you just made that up. Seattle crime rates have been going up every year prior to 2020. You're stereotyping defund the police people as nobody social media influencers when it's people who work in city councils and the legal world who have access to see what the police budget and payroll is, see crime rising and say this isn't working. Take that money away from the police and put it into programs that in their opinion will help lower crime and help communities better than an overwhelming police presence.

The other part that makes it sad, is there is a lot of prejudice against houseless people. Seattle people hate the houseless and I think that played a significant role in the vote too. People are afraid of the houseless and like it when the police destroy their homes.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
ANYWAY, back on topic, which is the atrocious, anti-factual decisions that have been made by "school officials" that have ended up putting children at risk.

The idea for schools to "cut ties" with a police department is an idea that only a fool wouldn't realize would have a detrimental impact on getting the critical, indispensable support for modern school districts provided by police, where brawls, attacks on teacher/staff and even attacks on students by students, all happen.

There should be accountability for this. BoE or school or city officials that lobbied for "cutting ties" with police should own this initiative. When people boldly claim "we don't need no stinking po-lice" and the 911 data says otherwise, the people making these claims /ought/ to be relieved of their position. It's sad and depressing that children in a school district would actually have their safety put in peril by zealots and crime deniers/truthers that aren't fit to run a lawn mower, let alone a large school district.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Everything you said so elegantly 100%

I also think about the added cost to taxpayers.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Defunding the police is not pro-crime, you just made that up.

Please don’t be naive.

If we take Sanfran for example. When they failed to stop arresting people for shoplifting do you think that encouraged or did the amount of shoplifters stay the same? We all know what happened and that is why the businesses are getting out of Dodge!!

Same with defunding the police, there will be more crime. We don’t have to guess we can see it in other countries where there has been disruption. Same ol’ formula.

Defund police.
More crime and gangs / organized crime take over

Rich people have their own security

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Defunding the police is not pro-crime, you just made that up.

Please don’t be naive.

If we take Sanfran for example. When they failed to stop arresting people for shoplifting do you think that encouraged or did the amount of shoplifters stay the same? We all know what happened and that is why the businesses are getting out of Dodge!!

Same with defunding the police, there will be more crime. We don’t have to guess we can see it in other countries where there has been disruption. Same ol’ formula.

Defund police.
More crime and gangs / organized crime take over

Rich people have their own security

You left out the rest of my post that explains the movement behind defunding the police is because those groups believe the police are not reducing crime, and therefore should not get so much money. Are you disputing this?

I have also read areas with high crime have a high police presence, areas with less police have a low crime presence. Have you heard of this before?

Re: shop lifting/SF...we all know what happened? First I'm hearing about it...what I hear about SF is property is getting extremely expensive there. Do you have a link about shop lifting driving businesses out?

What countries defunded the police and crime went up?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

abc7news.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- According to the California Retailer's Association three cities in our state are among the top 10 in the country when it comes to organized retail crime--Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento. Already we are seeing the negative impact it is having in San Francisco with stores permanently shutting down or closing early. It has become one of the most pressing issues in our city today.

www.wsj.com...

San Francisco Has Become a Shoplifter’s Paradise Walgreens has closed 22 stores in the city, where thefts under $950 are effectively decriminalized.

edit on 7-11-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Cool thanks, didn't realize shop lifting was such a big problem for major corporations. I do occasionally hear about burglary but I never hear the knee jerk reaction about the police. It's always a comment on junkies or houseless people causing the theft/break ins, not lack of police or laws. How is a nomad junkie going to know the law?

Do you actually think these are people who can afford the things they steal? Or these are people living in poverty stealing?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Do you actually think these are people who can afford the things they steal? Or these are people living in poverty stealing?

Both. Some people are just poor and doing whatever it takes to survive. In that area there are also large organized crime rings that are taking advantage of the absence of laws regarding shoplifting.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Both. Some people are just poor and doing whatever it takes to survive. In that area there are also large organized crime rings that are taking advantage of the absence of laws regarding shoplifting.

But....were the police defunded to the point to not go after large organized crime rings? Or just shop lifters?

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

But....were the police defunded to the point to not go after large organized crime rings? Or just shop lifters?

It doesn't matter, because the actual act of the shoplifting is not punishable.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Everything you said so elegantly 100%

I also think about the added cost to taxpayers.

The management and disposition of public education today is very concerning to me, being a parent of young children.

I think you JAG and others have somewhat older children that have already made it through the school system IIRC, so fortunately the focus in schools on more controversial curriculum and (IMO) diminishing performance in STEM areas shouldn't or didn't as much impact your children.

We all need to be vigilant about how our education systems are run.

Alienating law enforcement is a very very unwise move for educators and school administrators, in today's climate with all of the challenges that we see in school settings with increased drugs, fighting, and incidents of mass violence.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Flint MI used top be really bad till police quit going to certain areas. Eventually those areas cleaned themselves up.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It doesn't matter, because the actual act of the shoplifting is not punishable.

Wow I just googled is shoplifting legal in san francisco, and honestly I'm laughing. Shoplifting is essentially legal in California...which wouldn't make it shoplifting anymore? Just taking?

All States vary on shoplifting, Wisconsin it's not a felony til $2500 in value.

Also California did pass a anti organized retail theft crime bill.

Then there's this SF Chronicle article that says there's other factors that led to store closures and they're using theft as an excuse.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: sraven
"it is the absence of the rule of law."

That's the problem. The criminals have won in many cities around the U.S.

It isn't that...

I clearly remember in junior high school in the early seventies as they started phasing out capital punishment, just how quickly things started going downhill, especially by the time I got to high school, the thugs had started taking over.

It is the inability of teachers to enforce any real discipline that is the cause of most of these problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: themessengernevermatters

Actually Seattle just voted pro police sadly. Seattle is a very white city, and a lot of people didn't vote.

The only people that would find that sad are criminals or apologists for criminals. The fact is the rising crime rate made the law abiding citizens; of all races, vote against the criminal apologists "defund the police" and "bail reform" madness.

Defunding the police is not pro-crime, you just made that up. Seattle crime rates have been going up every year prior to 2020. You're stereotyping defund the police people as nobody social media influencers when it's people who work in city councils and the legal world who have access to see what the police budget and payroll is, see crime rising and say this isn't working. Take that money away from the police and put it into programs that in their opinion will help lower crime and help communities better than an overwhelming police presence.

The other part that makes it sad, is there is a lot of prejudice against houseless people. Seattle people hate the houseless and I think that played a significant role in the vote too. People are afraid of the houseless and like it when the police destroy their homes.

I am not stereotyping anything. I am talking about reality. The reality of Chicago, Minneapolis, Austin and every other city that cut police forces aka defunded the police and had prosecutors and judges pushing bail reform and the crime rates didn't just increase they sky rocketed. So much so that many of those cities are scrambling to put more officers back on the street.

That is just reality; police officers stop crimes, not social workers. You can believe what you want the proof is in the pudding and the citizens of those cities are speaking with their vote, no matter what you and the other defund the police criminal apologists think about it.

The tide is already turning; as the Seattle vote showed.
edit on 7-11-2021 by themessengernevermatters because: addition

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: sraven

it is the absence of the rule of law.

That's the problem. The criminals have won in many cities around the U.S.

They think they’ve won, but they have really lost.

Yup, just like it's racist that Walgreens won't build another store in these places. It's not that they're sick and tired of having their stores looted and customers and employees put in harms way, no none of that, just don't like blacks!

We are going to hear how it’s racist that there are NO police helping these communities soon, just watch!

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Don't forget to blame prosecutors as well. The police can arrest all they want but if the prosecutors won't prosecute their efforts are useless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join