It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society needs a language change from COVID to MCV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think society needs a language change. COVID, should be the term used if you end up being admitted to the hospital. MCV (Minor Coronavirus) should be used for everything else. Over half of Americans think getting COVID means going to the hospital. That fear drives their actions. If we replace that fear by having them by saying the fact that it is a minor Coronavirus for almost everybody especially kids, maybe this will lead to more rational people.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Some pizzas taste good, some don't, but we still call it "pizza".

not going to change, too well ingrained now around the world

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
We should treat covid as/for the fraud it is. Name change is a good idea. Those physically affected have been poisoned. We should use the term more often.

Beware of the POISONED cup!

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: StarGate77

We just need to revert back to the same terminology that we used before 2020, such as:

allergies, a cold, the flu, a case of the sniffles, a sneeze, a cough, etc... etc...

I liked the world much better before people started pretending like they cared about everyone else.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm not totally opposed to this, after all we make distinctions between HIV and AIDS.

And that distinction has been far from set over the years, with various CD4 counts/viral loads proposed as the cut-off, or now entirely forgotten terms for initial infection (e.g. "HIV disease") and intermediate stages (e.g. "AIDS related complex", or ARC), and indeed "the just in case you missed it" diagnoses of "full-blown AIDS".

(Of course one could say that HIV was a much more drawn out illness progression before treatment availability, but not always.
Some people tested positive and were dead a few days later ... just they didn't go on to write touching autobiographies, so those voices are lost).
edit on 8-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Some people still have pretty severe Covid without being hospitalized though, and hospitalization might not be equal access across the world.
In some places hospitalization can simply be a distinction of class and finances, rather than Covid severity.

Who gets hospitalized or not can be a triage situation (or maybe no facilities at all), so to call everything "mild Covid" that's not hospitalized is misleading. And in a triage situation the patient most likely to survive gets the treatment or hospital bed (not the most severely ill).

Well I doubt that specific distinction will take wings in clinical terms, if as the OP opines "mild Covid" is binaried with "hospitalized Covid".
Although we could, and probably will have such distinctions between Covid severity, I don't see this one working globally.
edit on 8-10-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join