It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Fully vaccinated) Oscar De La Hoya has COVID-19, pulls out of Sept. 11 fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
La Hoya has been hospitalized and tweeted from his room...

Wanted you to hear directly from me that despite being fully vaccinated, I have contracted Covid and am not going to be able to fight next weekend. Preparing for this comeback has been everything to me over the last months, & I want to thank everyone for their tremendous support.

You can watch the short video on twitter.

Former boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya has been hospitalized with a breakthrough case of COVID-19 — forcing him to withdraw from his highly anticipated comeback bout.

The 48-year old Olympic gold medalist was slated to go up against former MMA fighter Vitor Belfort next week in a pay-per-view fight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. It would have marked De La Hoya’s return to the ring after his loss to Manny Pacquiao in 2008.

Link
Oddly enough, 58 year old Evander Holyfield will be standing in for La Hoya.

Yet another breakthrough case that shows how well the jab is working, or not. There seems to be more and more of these despite the media's conspicuous reluctance to cover it.

Before anyone says the vaccine kept him from having to be on oxygen or ICU. We don't know that he does or does not need oxygen from a short video, and others who have had breakthrough cases have had to have oxygen and ICU. Hopefully La Hoya comes through this better than they did.
edit on 9/4/2021 by Klassified because: spacing, grammar, ETA

edit on 9/4/2021 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
But I’ll be damned if start trusting anything but my gut.
Take care of your self. Mentally and physically.

They want to act like jfk, moon landings, gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, yellow cake, aids, Tuskegee, etc happened the way they said.
History is to blame for my distrust.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Take care of your self. Mentally and physically.

The simplest words are most worth repeating. ^^ That, rather than "Do as I say" is how someone lives a long life, not letting someone else manage their body for them and being completely oblivious as to how to DIY (or when to not)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

“You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.”
-Joe Biden

and:

"This is a simple, basic proposition: If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in an ICU unit, and you’re not going to die," Biden said.

www.politifact.com...

I wonder where the hesitancy comes from?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Even the AP fact checkers called President Biden out for his exaggerations…

BIDEN: “If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the IC unit, and you’re not going to die.” — town hall.

BIDEN: “You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations.” — town hall.

BIDEN, asked about vaccinated people who get infected: “It may be possible, I know of none where they’re hospitalized, in ICU and or have passed away so at a minimum I can say even if they did contract it, which I’m sorry they did, it’s such a tiny percentage and it’s not life threatening.” — remarks to reporters after the event.

apnews.com...

a reply to: network dude

edit on 4-9-2021 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Is it really that hard to understand that by getting the vaccine your chances of not dying if you contract covid are greatly enhanced? ? ?
edit on 4/9/21 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Is it really that hard to understand that by getting the vaccine your chances of not dying if you contract covid are greatly enhanced? ? ?

Fair question.

Is it really that hard to understand that less than .5 percent of people who get covid die anyway? If it's just a game of chances, I'll take my chances without pharmas cocktail.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

NVM

edit on 4-9-2021 by Terpene because: Klasified beat me to it

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Commentary should get interesting since Joe Rogan beat it without being vaccinated.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I keep seeing people saying that we always knew the vaccine would not prevent us from getting Covid

But they never post a link to Fauci or anyone else saying that b4 the vax rollout. They say Fauci said it b4 the rollout but never post an article or video of him saying that dated before the rollout

I dont remember anyone ever saying the vax will only help with symptoms before the rollout

Please prove me wrong

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

In WEAPON FORM, nothing can stop Covid-19 from infecting the desired/targeted individual(s). The world will learn this when the time is right.

It's being used to delay or derail lots of happenings....like the Arizona Forensic Audit last month, for example.
edit on 9/4/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wishing Oscar De La Hoya a speedy recovery.
Boxing is a joke these days.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Wishing Oscar De La Hoya a speedy recovery.
Boxing is a joke these days.

Lol, did I read correctly..a 58 year old Evander Holyfield is standing in for Oscar?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Chances of catastrophic secondary illness and/or death are already in the toilet. Jaywalking on an empty road poses a higher risk.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Fair question.

Is it really that hard to understand that less than .5 percent of people who get covid die anyway? If it's just a game of chances, I'll take my chances without pharmas cocktail.

Yeah but, no. More than 2% that get covid die. It was over 3% at one stage
covid figures

top topics

join