It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA Get your Stuff in order now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As per usual, I suggest "prepping" in terms of perpetual self-sufficiency.

That doesnt cover everything but can cover a lot more than most people think. Dont ever have to worry about it again either! Whether everything breaks down, or everything doesnt, youll be set and even have a platform for immense creativity rather than mere survival.

Aquaponics, solar/wind/hydro, and 3d printing/CNC blahblahblah

That path that people are being led down in these respects are entirely manufactured for a very specific end goal: total dependence on centralized corporate systems. If you arent setting up alternative, parallel means of actual self-sufficiency that utilize modern technology.. the end result will probably be the same as someone who doesnt "prep" at all. Traditional survivalism, foraging, etc. are nearly irrelevant for what should be obvious reasons.

Regardless, it can still be a good idea to have a buffer of supplies on hand for a variety of circumstances! Just not as anything thats particularly meaningful against centralized corporate control of all resources, supply chains, etc.
edit on 15-8-2021 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I have bidets
and not the weird European ones.

Way TMI, I know.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

That was me in February 2020 when the first death was reported. We always tend to buy extra when we shop with the understanding that even if nothing else happens, you can always lose your job. Having enough food and other supplies to cover for that is only practical.

Once the first death was reported we upped our shopping to twice a week at different stores in different areas. In addition to TP and other things that would soon be in very short supply, we still bought more of our everyday items. We also invested in bidets for our toilets, which everyone should do if only for a quality of life improvement.

I think it was late July of this year that we finally ran through our initial stock of a few items. So a year and a half with only minor trips to the store for a few items.

We just moved to our house with 10 acres in January, so gardens and chickens are on the plan for next year. As long as the aquifer under us and the creek on the property don't run dry we'll have water. I hope to be reasonably self reliant with some trade items with the farmers on our road. Hopefully by the end of next year we'll have solar up fully and I'm looking into hydro for the creek and wind as we are on top of a good sized hill that gets a fair bit of it.

Wish I could have done this 10 years ago, unfortunately it's just now financially viable for me. Hopefully it's not too late.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Stock up with....

Gold
Silver
Food
Clean water
Guns and ammunition
Heroin
Alcohol
Gasoline
Radio
Batteries
Rice
Antibiotics or garlic
actually.... there's a few articles about what will become worth its weight in gold should there be a massive disruption in society. Find one you trust and if you have access and good prices go for it.

Read up on Venezuela and what is valuable! -Alcohol is on the list

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Very, very good advice. We are seeing strange stocking of shelves and shortages of just normal stuff everywhere. Paper goods and canned foods are getting harder and harder to find. Ammo is near non-existent. If your tires look half-way dodgy get new ones now. Get fully fueled Propane tanks now before winter hits.

In this environment, take nothing for granted, and if you have to visit relatives in big cities, go now, dont wait for the holidays.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

All of the above, to some degree or other.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
Well if the SHTF all people will need is guns and ammo, because for everything else they'll come for your:-
Gold
Silver
Food
Clean water, etc, etc.
Now you come in with "they'll have to kill me to take it". Which they will.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Have you noticed there is not a shortage of printed newspapers being delivered? Any way they're good enough for toilet paper.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rsvpzxc
i figure i`ll just run with all my guns and amoo and minimal food and water until i find a prepper community and they will welcome me and my family with open arms as long as i have enough guns and ammo.

Oh yes, because preppers are so trusting of armed strangers! 🙄 join a group now, don’t count on anything after the fact.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Do you have grocery stores like Target that let you place orders then pick up the next day? I don't know what of the world your in so you may not have them.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Stock up with....

Gold
Silver
Food
Clean water
Guns and ammunition
Heroin
Alcohol
Gasoline
Radio
Batteries
Rice
Antibiotics or garlic
actually.... there's a few articles about what will become worth its weight in gold should there be a massive disruption in society. Find one you trust and if you have access and good prices go for it.

Read up on Venezuela and what is valuable! -Alcohol is on the list

Venezuela is a good case study, of course when the supply line went critical, preppers became hoarders and black marketeers in the eyes of the authorities and this activity was outlawed with stiff penalties.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Venezuela is a good case study, of course when the supply line went critical, preppers became hoarders and black marketeers in the eyes of the authorities and this activity was outlawed with stiff penalties.

And that is exactly why you NEVER tell anybody what your doing or how much you have. The only ones that should be in the know are family, nobody else.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Very true, and only tell close immediate family that you can trust or want at your door when the SHTF

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join