It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian military to enforce Sydney COVID lockdown as cases rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Such massive governmental overreach, I am shocked Aussies are going for this crap. 239 cases in a city of 5 million-plus and they lockdown?

What say you fellow ATSer's from Oz?

www.reuters.com... dit.com

Sydney records 239 COVID-19 cases in 24 hours
300 military personnel to aid police
Troops to aid enforcement of lockdown
Sydney lockdown threatens second recession

SYDNEY, July 29 (Reuters) - Australia's military will help enforce a lockdown in Sydney after the city of 6 million posted a record daily rise in COVID-19 cases on Thursday and state authorities said the outbreak was likely to get worse.

The lockdown of Australia's biggest city has increased pressure on Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who is now trailing in opinion polls, and heightened concern that Australia's A$2 trillion ($1.5 trillion) economy could slide into recession.

Despite an extended lockdown in Sydney since an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant, 239 new locally acquired coronavirus cases were recorded in the city over a 24-hour period, the biggest daily rise since the pandemic began.
edit on 30-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

How much money he personally have invested in the big pharma china virus vaccine.

I do not know how politics works in Australia, I though they were a pretty much democratic country, but it seems kind of fascist to me, right now.

How can a leader disregard the economic impact of such a draconian measure and allow their citizens no to die from a cold but from starvation.

I guess Australia is swimming in money, if they can do this again to their economy.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Goes back to my question before if they are gonna lockdown over 200 plus cases and 1 new death, what are the threshold for no lockdown and/or restrictions?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I can not even get close to what is going on with Australia government but it does have a link to big pharma, 1.7 billion with astra zeneca, I guess they want to get people ready for booters? on covid?

Wow it seems the Prime minister is up to his neck in Astra zeneca.

Time for the people to start asking some questions about the lockdowns and the real reason behind them

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Cases are not death. And positive cases does not even mean actually positive nor actually mean sick.
That is insanity.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Denver reported a huge outbreak at the Allstar game. 50,000 attended.
14 were found to test positive.

Fourteen. That was considered an outbreak. These 'leaders' found a power trip and they will never relinquish it.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Well, the Australian government can eat me ass.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
They just put us into "strict lockdown" here in Brisbane, because of 5 cases in 1 household.
They are destroying my partner's business, and many others just like us. The deep resentment is seething all over Australia, these pricks will eventually get theirs.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If you had any doubts about the true purpose of this horse and pony show you can lay them to rest.

How did the special ed kids get to be running this country?

Well considering the 40km/h zones being implemented in Sydney with signage claiming it is because of high pedestrian traffic areas, at the height of physical restrictions on public outings, when the physical evidence refutes the claim.

I think there are going to be some prep school hazing going on behind the scenes at political summer camp this year because snot bozo and glad it’s a bin chicken are just plain pathetic villains and deserve to be ignored into oblivion.

As for the military in western Sydney, I think 300 sick lame and lazy out of Holsworthy barracks would be a fit and proper turn out to help with the turkey baste.

Afterwards the reservists can come and check their handy work.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Apparently the Hyde park protests are stirring the mud and rattling cages. Roadblocks and drug tests in a Sydney wide lockdown.

a reply to: Dalamax

edit on 30-7-2021 by Dalamax because: Got em squirming

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I cant believe how quickly the divide happened and people started turning on each other. You have your 'just stay at home' people posting and your 'i got vaccinated because i love my family' people posting. And the vaccine passport talk is just going to ramp up. When will people say enough?

BTW - im in Sydney locked down for 5 weeks now. My plan is to get pissed tonight facetiming my sister because i am just about to go stir crazy

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It’s a sound Australian response to an irritating government fluster cluck.

My torpor is a comfy blanket.

a reply to: bellagirl

edit on 31-7-2021 by Dalamax because: Rational

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

How much money he personally have invested in the big pharma china virus vaccine.

I do not know how politics works in Australia, I though they were a pretty much democratic country, but it seems kind of fascist to me, right now.

How can a leader disregard the economic impact of such a draconian measure and allow their citizens no to die from a cold but from starvation.

I guess Australia is swimming in money, if they can do this again to their economy.

It's one state, not the entire country. But still, over the top, if you ask me.

They think more lockdowns will stop the virus, when despite lockdowns, we're basically the same as we were when this all started... Except we don't get as much help from the government to ease the financial losses of businesses being forced to close down.

And when these lockdowns are enacted by incompetent, ignorant morons at the helm, they should be responsible, imo.
edit on 31-7-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Just found out the protesters last week in Sydney were using pot plants as projectiles.

In light of this I can see why 300 AJ’s were deployed out west this week. It was to free up manpower for a city wide blitz.

I agree with the police actions in this instance. To my way of thinking if your protesting be as loud as you like, however as soon as you interfere with police keeping the peace you leave them no choice, the police will enforce law and order regardless of the escalation.

Well done NSW police. You are a credit to the state, so far.

areply to: putnam6

edit on 1-8-2021 by Dalamax because: Exactitude

top topics

join