It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France requires COVID-19 pass for Eiffel Tower, other sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Looks like Macron's admin and govt isnt backing down from the COVID-19 vaccination passports. For Eiffel Tower, other sites you would need a covid vaccination passports or no entry.

Workers must be vaccinated. I dont see this helping Marcon win votes in the upcoming election in a while. They are blaming the variants on the unvaccanited.

What is worse the QR system is now in France, just like it is in Australia.

France requires COVID-19 pass for Eiffel Tower, other sites

Visitors now need a special COVID-19 pass to ride up the Eiffel Tower or visit French museums or movie theaters, the first step in a new campaign against what the government calls a “stratospheric” rise in delta variant infections.

The solution is “vaccination, vaccination, vaccination,” Castex said Wednesday on TF1 television, urging his compatriots to sign up for vaccine injections to avoid new lockdowns. Of France’s 18,000 new coronavirus cases reported Tuesday, 96% involved people who were unvaccinated, he said.

Your "New Normal"

At the Eiffel Tower, masked workers scanned QR codes on digital health passes and checked printed vaccine or test certificates. The pass requirement took effect Wednesday at cultural and tourist sites in France, following a government decree.

“I wanted to come here with my mom so I had to take to the test to be able to travel,” said Juan Truque, an accountant visiting from Miami, who is not vaccinated. “They are forcing you to wear face masks and do similar kinds of things that are some kind of impositions .. to me that are violations to your freedom.”

Johnny Nielsen, a Danish tourist traveling with his wife and two children, said, “In Denmark, you need the pass everywhere.” So while he questioned the usefulness of the French rules, he said that didn’t make them reconsider the family's travel plans.

Marcon not backing down.

Meanwhile, Macron wants to expand the COVID pass requirement to all French restaurants and many other areas of public life, as well as requiring that all health workers get vaccine shots.

edit on 22-7-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Makes sense,

You have to provide proof of vaccination against the measles in order to visit the Eiffel Tower

No, wait

You have to provide proof of vaccination against influenza in order to..

Nope. Sorry

I’m sure that there’s other ACTUAL deadly viruses you have to be vaccinated against in order to participate in life

What’s that? There isn’t?
Like, NOT A SINGLE ONE?

Well isn’t that strange

One of the most innocuous, harmless viruses in existence is the one that people HAVE TO vaccinate against?

Imagine a population so THICK that this would be acceptable governmental protocol.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Whaaaa, my vaccine doesn't work unless everyone else has it too...

🤡🙈🙉🙊🤡

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi

Looks like Macron's admin and govt isnt backing down from the COVID-19 vaccination passports. For Eiffel Tower, other sites you would need a covid vaccination passports or no entry.

But that's not exactly true. The 'Covid-19 Pass' is not strictly for vaccinated people.

...tourists who came to the Paris landmark unprepared lined up for quick virus tests at the site. To get the pandemic pass, people must show they are either fully vaccinated, have tested negative for the coronavirus or recovered from COVID-19.

same link as OP

Visitors now need a special COVID-19 pass to ride up the Eiffel Tower

That just says they need a pass to "ride up", but what if they wanna take the stairs...

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My wife and I would love to return to Paris. We have saved up great gobs greenbacks and are ready to pump it into the tourist system. Dining, drinking, clubs and such. But as long as the French require a COVID passport they can blow it out their Trou du cul.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Who wants to visit Paris anyway? Parisians are surly and arrogant; the streets are covered in dog crap and aggressive beggars are on every street corner. The Mona Lisa is over-rated and not worth the queues, and dining out is average at best and at high cost.

The so called "vaccination passports" are the in-thing to rage against. They come in different forms but are basically some types of evidence that you are either vaccinated, or exempt. They will exist in many situations going forwards, whether it's visiting France, Greece or your local sports arena.

There are two approaches to this.

1. Accept (even grudgingly) that it's a necessary public health step and that providing proof will mean that some places will be open to you.
2. Cry and complain until your eyes drop out, along with all the other people in your echo chamber. But in so doing accept that some places will be closed to you.

Either way, there is choice. Vaccine Yes/No. Passport or proof Yes/No. Travel to Paris (your choice) Yes/No.

I make no judgements here about "passports", except I could easily get one, but won't be going to places where one is required because I just cannot be arsed.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is coming to a country near you, no doubt. My concern is if countries move towards a rule that you cannot obtain a hunting/fishing license without a jab.

Things are really getting crazy.

a reply to: HawkEyi

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I wish I could buy into your 'it's a choice' philosophy, but given that countries are moving toward requiring a "vaxport" for trips to the grocery store, I think we're entering the realm of it no longer being a choice.

Certainly the US may be one of the last places this occurs -- though the government has a lot of ways it can force "private companies" to bend to its will -- but we're already starting to see society moving towards this as being an acceptable practice. Here's a great example of that: www.seattletimes.com...

When you tell people they can't eat unless they're vaccinated, I have a hard time believing it will be much of a choice. Sure, I can go hunting and fishing, but do I trust that the government will issue all licenses without a requirement of a vaxport?

They could easily require it to drive a car, get a passport, get fuel, enter a federal or state building, etc. etc. I also don't agree that those of us that see a bleak future are just screaming in an echo chamber.

But I appreciate seeing such optimism from people, for what it's worth.
a reply to: paraphi

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Makes sense,

You have to provide proof of vaccination against the measles in order to visit the Eiffel Tower

No, wait

You have to provide proof of vaccination against influenza in order to..

Nope. Sorry

I’m sure that there’s other ACTUAL deadly viruses you have to be vaccinated against in order to participate in life

What’s that? There isn’t?
Like, NOT A SINGLE ONE?

Well isn’t that strange

One of the most innocuous, harmless viruses in existence is the one that people HAVE TO vaccinate against?

Imagine a population so THICK that this would be acceptable governmental protocol.

The reason you have to show proof of vaccination against COVID19 but not Measles, for example, is because there have been nearly 7 million cases of COVID19 and more than 100,000 deaths in France during the last year while there have only been a few thousand cases of Measles with essentially no deaths.

Not all that strange, actually.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
That just says they need a pass to "ride up", but what if they wanna take the stairs...

Then they are insane...that is a tall bastard!

new topics

top topics

join