It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the rush is on food supplies becoming the norm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
A silent movement of food shortages is hitting the net here.
Food prices are increasing so fast these days that NHK won't even report it
the selves of import food is near empty now
I think a wave of uncertainty awaits us here.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Can you acces Kuradashi? It's a Japanese site that sells surplus foods at a deep discount.

If you're really worried about food cost and have a little room to freeze and store foods, that could be a personal option you could use.

I've never seen a large fridge in Japan outside of businesses though.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: musicismagic

Can you acces Kuradashi? It's a Japanese site that sells surplus foods at a deep discount.

If you're really worried about food cost and have a little room to freeze and store foods, that could be a personal option you could use.

I've never seen a large fridge in Japan outside of businesses though.

food prices are increases like never before here.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What you are experiencing is a manufactured crisis. There is no food shortage, there is just the same food production as before the demic. They are using harvesting shortage or harvesting costs to transport deliveries and so on and so on. Think of it this way they have the same amount of food but with the demic, they've realised they can create "panic buying".
With extra costs because of, whoops, food shortage, people panic buy giving them a vast profit in a short time.
Now if you buy perishable food that only lasts so long, all the better for them because you will HAVE to replenish your stocks in a shorter period and I could guarantee a couple of weeks after the panic, they will have more than enough stocks.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Lots of empty fields here in Montana. Farmers actually being paid not to grow crops this year. I’ve seen prices gradually increase over the past year or so. Beef prices are still reasonable here in Montana. Expecting to buy half a beef towards the end of summer. We have a farmers market here every Friday in my small town. Lots of hutterites here. I buy meat and pickled veggies on a daily basis to get the fridge stalked up. Always buying 1-2 jars of jelly on a weekly basis as well. I’m only 29 but my mother always had a surplus of food in the freezer and canned goods as well. It’s always stuck with me after she passed. It’s good habit to have. Most kids only have junk food stalked nowadays.
Making 6lbs of mule deer jerky over the weekend.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I think there is a bad food crisis, and shipping delays are a better excuse than saying the weather had wiped out the whole of Japan and China's staples. USA;s aint to healthy either.

top topics

join