It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suramin? More like boramin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Title a la Billy Madison when he was in high school botony.

Anyway, from the preprint, another repurposed med for COVID 19 treatment. This one with a 100yr safety profile.

"In this paper, we showed that suramin is a direct potent inhibitor of the viral RdRp, the essential enzyme for the viral life cycle. The structure reveals that suramin binds to the active site of RdRp, blocking the binding of both strands of the template-primer RNA substrate and inhibiting the polymerase activity of the RdRp. Suramin derivatives also showed potent inhibition of the RdRp activity and blocked viral replication in cell-based assays. Together, these results uncovered the structural mechanism of the first non-nucleotide inhibitor of the SARS-CoV-2 RdRp and suggested the potential use of suramin for treating the SARS-CoV-2 infections."

and

"The potency of suramin is at least 20-fold more potent than remdesivir, the current FDA approved nucleotide drug for COVID-19."

Wonder if this will get any play? Assuming it is valid and upheld in the most rigorous process of peer review

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeOrigin

I assume if it actually works, we will suddenly have the press, WHO, and CDC tell us that it will kill us or just not work unless some pharmaceutical company can classify it as an orphan drug and charge 5k a dose.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that pine needle tea worked with SARS-CoV2 because Oseltamivir doesn't work well for it. But Pine needles and pitch also contain suramin which is now said to work. So Tamaflu doesn't work but pine needle tea still does. Cool. I suppose a wad of spruce gum would also work or the sap off the big white pine trees here could be used too. I have chewed spruce gum, it does not taste that good but supposedly it is a good medicine.

Here is an interesting article, I understand a lot of it from my studies but can't understand what they are saying sometimes when it is presented this way. hortsciences.tamu.edu...

I like the little anticancer pyramid.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Great - of course, this was done in a lab, not peer reviewed,, with no human trials performed.

My guess is it unlikely proceed to human trials, and even if it does,will be little more than of academic interest - there are too many targeted therapies far more advanced than this.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Sounds a little too close to Sauron.
Won't be putting it in my veins.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wasn't aware that pine needle tea worked with SARS-CoV2 because Oseltamivir doesn't work well for it. But Pine needles and pitch also contain suramin which is now said to work. So Tamaflu doesn't work but pine needle tea still does. Cool. I suppose a wad of spruce gum would also work or the sap off the big white pine trees here could be used too. I have chewed spruce gum, it does not taste that good but supposedly it is a good medicine.

Here is an interesting article, I understand a lot of it from my studies but can't understand what they are saying sometimes when it is presented this way. hortsciences.tamu.edu...

Pine needles work for a lot. As long as it ain't a ponderosa pine, any species of pine tree can keep a person alive for a year or two. Ever lost in the woods? If a pine forest you're all set.

Wood for shelter, sap makes good building adhesive, is an antimicrobial for physical wounds, can be eaten or drank as an antibiotic, pine nuts are full of protein and minerals and tea from pine needles has all your vitamin C, tree bacon can supplement and made into stew, it's incredible how much pines can do.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

originally posted by: rickymouse

Pine needles work for a lot. As long as it ain't a ponderosa pine, any species of pine tree can keep a person alive for a year or two. Ever lost in the woods? If a pine forest you're all set.

Wood for shelter, sap makes good building adhesive, is an antimicrobial for physical wounds, can be eaten or drank as an antibiotic, pine nuts are full of protein and minerals and tea from pine needles has all your vitamin C, tree bacon can supplement and made into stew, it's incredible how much pines can do.

But yeah at first I thought you were expressing your anger that Boromir and Sauruman had a baby somehow in a new Tolkien Jr. prequel novel. I hear they are filming a Peter Jackson style Simarilion

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: squittles

Great - of course, this was done in a lab, not peer reviewed,, with no human trials performed.

My guess is it unlikely proceed to human trials, and even if it does,will be little more than of academic interest - there are too many targeted therapies far more advanced than this.

I'm not so sure about the targeted therapies comment. I am aware of the PFE and Merck compounds currently in study, but you may be referring to something else non-vaccine related?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeOrigin
"The potency of suramin is at least 20-fold more potent than remdesivir, the current FDA approved nucleotide drug for COVID-19."

Wow!

How much is 20 times nothing by the way?

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: FreeOrigin

Wow!

How much is 20 times nothing by the way?

Super funny. I genuinely laughed at that.

I think its hypothesized efficacy is a function of remdisovir divided by the coefficient of monoclonal antibodies plus HCQ. The result of which should be subtracted by the percentage of measured mask adherence to the square root of wealth distribution. Square that and add misinformation.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Maybe they're using Richard Dawkins', Lawrence Krauss' and Stephen Hawking's math, where "nothing" is actually "something" ("very very simple" apparently; if we're talking about what caused the universe to come into existence, i.e. what cause gave "rise to the origin of the universe", quoting Dawkins).

edit on 7-7-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join