It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video presented in court of George Floyd yelling that he ate too many pills

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: slatesteam

Also: what Chauvin did was horrific and wrong. But.

This whole thread in a sentence. At the end of the day, there will always be someone who says "yeah that's pretty bad, but -" and then comes the rationalizing and minimizing and reframing that eventually shrugs off murder as some kind of accident.
No rationalization from me here.

Edit: don’t blame me when the defense wins and everything becomes prime for marshmallow roasting with all the urban campers and other angry “mostly peaceful” citizens displaying their right to protest by incinerating Uncle Sam

This is a prediction for what is coming down the line.

Because when THEY rationalize the way I have done, and the case is dismissed, ima tell ya I told ya so...

edit on 7-4-2021 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Wasn't George Floyd warning the police that all the extra pills, had given him extra strength, which necessitated extra-tough restraint?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: slatesteam

Also: what Chauvin did was horrific and wrong. But.

This whole thread in a sentence. At the end of the day, there will always be someone who says "yeah that's pretty bad, but -" and then comes the rationalizing and minimizing and reframing that eventually shrugs off murder as some kind of accident.
...But was doing a job the city trained him to do,enforcing laws that weren't created by him.

Then that same city puts him on trial for doing something they trained that cop to do.

If the cop beat him to death(like the Kelly Thomas case)I could see your point.

Do you think George would still be alive if the drugs he swallowed were legal? How about if Chauvin wasn't trained to use his knee like that?

There's many factors at play here,but in my opinion,murder isn't one of them.

I see this whole thing as a scapegoat move.The blame,in my opinion,falls on those that trained the cop and the stupid war on drugs policy that's been locking up addicts instead of actually helping them overcome their addictions.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

...But was doing a job the city trained him to do,enforcing laws that weren't created by him.

Then that same city puts him on trial for doing something they trained that cop to do.

That same city fired Chauvin for his role in Floyd's death.

Derek Chauvin, a former Minneapolis Police officer who was fired his role in the events leading to George Floyd’s death on Memorial Day, is on trial for murder.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

You eat too many pills just like the dead perp used to start all those riots and neighborhoods burning last summer, or do you have a more cognitive excuse for not noticing multiple neighborhoods set ablaze?

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

He wasn't being arrested because of drugs. He was arrested for passing fake bills.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Of course they covered their asses... they wouldn't take a PR hit or a lawsuit for firing him if he's found not guilty... but Katie bar the door if they retained him and the jury convicts.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien

He wasn't being arrested because of drugs. He was arrested for passing fake bills.

Funny thing, that... if a cop is investigating you for a particular crime and then witnesses facts which lead him or her to recognize other crimes you've committed they are legally authorized and even tasked with arresting you for those crimes, too. I know, I know, color me just as surprised at that as you likely are, but it appears to be the way law enforcement operates and has operated for decades in this country!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Of course they covered their asses... they wouldn't take a PR hit or a lawsuit for firing him if he's found not guilty... but Katie bar the door if they retained him and the jury convicts.

I don't know about that. The city wound up paying out a 27 million dollar settlement to Floyd's family. It seems to me, if the city wanted to avoid such a lawsuit and settlement, they would have stood behind Chauvin and his actions to the bitter end. Not to mention the police union that would have been all over firing him for appearance.

edit on 7-4-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

In my opinion this is the case that should have been closed up before any settlement was made and the amount payable based upon the outcome.
edit on 7-4-2021 by TheResidentAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They listened to the whole tape many times, the part taken out of context makes it sound like he said he took too many drugs, but they had many people evaluate what was said and actually they concluded he had said he had not taken any illegal drugs in the tapes. I think that the lawyer questioning that guy should be thrown in jail for giving false out of context evidence, that kind of crap to persuade a jury is not allowed in court, but I guess it is ok in the media and for politicians to parrot misconceptions like that.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

In my opinion this is the case that should have been closed up before any settlement was made and the amount payable based upon the outcome.

I totally agree!

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: vonclod

are you a lawyer? What makes you think this?

My qualifications are the same as every other poster on ATS..so no.

Chauvins superiors already said he did not follow procedure, the 9 mins was not proper..if Floyd directly stated he was going to od, and Chauvin still just did what he did..it doesn't look any better for him, the supervisor, and cheif said the use of force was get him in cuffs and control, and he should of been rolled onto his side..if in distress.

No, this doesn't change much..imo.

It also was not improper since there is no timeline in the manual on how long the hold can be used since it's not lethal. It can be used an hour. Nobody is dying with that restraint. He overdosed just like the medical examiner stated upfront.

I guess you never listened to 2 of his superiors testifying otherwise?

I spent 20 years in the Marines. Way more experience than his "superiors" in hand to hand combat and lethal moves. I know what I'm talking about because I have done it a hell of a lot more than those soft bags of flower. I can show you moves that look WAY MORE LETHAL but in fact are not. I can hold you in it for hours and you will not die. Unless of course you are high on drugs and dealing with a severe heart condition. In that case you likely die.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Which is why I mentioned the war on drugs.

If he had drugs on him,he would have possibly ingested them to keep the cops from finding them. If he knew he wouldn't have gotten charged for the drugs,he never would have ingested them.

The counterfeit bill could have been easily been claimed as a simple mistake. The drugs? Hard to claim you didn't know what you had there.

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
So basically, Chauvin didn't kill Floyd, he just didn't save his life. He failed to reduce force when Floyd stopped resisting, but he had just gone through an extended altercation with Floyd and a reasonable person might need to catch their breath and compose them self before removing the body restraint.

I believe that Chauvin is guilty of omission of duty for not rendering aid... but how do you charge him with manslaughter, his actions didn't exacerbate Floyd's medical condition? The defense would need to prove that Chauvin caused hyperventilation (or what ever was the determined cause if death) and that Chauvin created the issue, not the drugs. Do we charge doctors with manslaughter or malpractice?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My qualifications are the same as every other poster on ATS

Think about that statement in context of this thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That same city fired Chauvin for his role in Floyd's death.

Derek Chauvin, a former Minneapolis Police officer who was fired his role in the events leading to George Floyd’s death on Memorial Day, is on trial for murder.

www.foxnews.com...

And paid the Floyd family a staggering $25 million dollars, even before the trial began. How insane is that?

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Full stop.

As I've said before in another thread: A knee to the back of the neck is survivable. But how about while on a high dose of Fentanyl?
edit on 8-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: LordAhriman

You eat too many pills just like the dead perp used to start all those riots and neighborhoods burning last summer, or do you have a more cognitive excuse for not noticing multiple neighborhoods set ablaze?

If the Jury doesn't find Chauvin guilty on the MURDER charge (vs the manslaughter charge), the cities will be filled with FIREY peaceful protests.
edit on 4/8/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If the Jury doesn't find Chauvin guilty on the MURDER charge (vs the manslaughter charge), the cities will be filled with FIREY peaceful protests.

Expect nothing less when it comes to the fate of a scapegoat.
edit on 8-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join