It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancelling the Cancel Culture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment but one thought is "what if Nazi thought burnt like fire in a dry field again on social media?" Would "deplatforming" be a good thing, then?

When the world is reasonable, freedom of speech is obvious. When the world is sick, it becomes problematic and nuanced.

The free flow of information is a hill I'd die on... but poor or false information, running rampant through a receptive population... what then?

What are the metrics for "true?"

I understand how many feel that their particular righteous, true cause needs expression... but there is some degree of...

nuance.

Interesting discussion, though.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Right?

Grab a dictionary and look up the difference between cancel culture and boycotting.

Cancel culture is organization(s) coming together to target individual(s) for their beliefs or opinions.

Boycotting is individual(s) coming together to target an organization for questionable practices. Hardly the same thing at all.

Boycotts have been around for centuries and are an effective way to make the small people's voices heard by large organizations abusing their influence and power.

Cancel Culture is organizations with already unlimited amounts of power targeting the small people to take away their voice and reasoning.

I'm sure you knew that, but are just continuing your practice of pushing propaganda on this site like you always have. When the power shifts and organizations that don't share your opinion are in charge, I hope they come after you and your family first because it's time for a reality check.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Trump wants you to cancel the MLB. But go on, tell more of that “cancel culture” you are not part of.

You do realize that it was said in RESPONSE to cancel culture right? You know, moving the all-star game and draft to be woke?

I know you know that, you are just willfully ignorant.

sigh...

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

A lot of younger people actually don't buy into all the BS that's going on today.

It's just the vocal minority doing what it's always done and screeching about everything.

Young people joke about the "blue haired" girl that's annoying and never shuts up. A lot of them are aware that it's mostly white liberal women and their soyboy cucks that encourage the white savior mindset.

People shouldn't give up on the youth so easily.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

edit on 5-4-2021 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join