It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The exponential compounding effect of the NSA controling innovation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Material access is where limits are placed. From there knowledge is generally stunted as well.

Great, great thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The example I gave of "remote viewing" was a declassification technique which probably peaked in the 1970's.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NSA has a lot of different functions, the cryptographic functions require math aptitude.
Send them all to the psychiatrist let god sort'em out?

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If they have quantum computers they can decrypt anything.
I think "pe crime" could become a thing, just trust the AI.
Confuse the algorithms while you still can
edit on 0000002072127America/Chicago13 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
According to former secretary of defense Ash Carter

www.wired.com...

When I started out, my first job was for Caspar Weinberger, and Star Wars was the big thing then. And most significant things that happened in technology at the time happened in America and happened because the government made them happen—the internet, GPS, et cetera. That's no longer true. And I certainly recognize that. We are the biggest dog in technology; we spend more than all the big tech companies combined on R&D. But you're right that to a typical tech customer, DOD is a relatively small and kind of problematic customer. We have, to our detriment, some onerous procedures, and a lot of companies just say, “This is too much of a pain in my neck to be worth it.”

So what that means for defense leaders is that they have to play the game that's on the field, and that means making themselves attractive to tech. One way they can do that is to fund R&D, so that cool stuff that is of broader applicability is sponsored by DOD. Another is to be an early adopter so that they buy stuff first, when it's more expensive, but they can afford it because they've got to do whatever they've got to do. And that helps lift up the boat, protecting the tech sector. So there are things that defense can do, but it can't do it if it's a little island. It needs to be involved. And it needs to have the humility to understand that it’s not the controller it once was. And I've seen this, I've lived this my whole life. And so I know it isn’t like it was when I started out.

So they not ahead today. (DoD have a much bigger budget then CIA NSA or other agencies)
edit on 13-2-2021 by dude1 because: formating

edit on 13-2-2021 by dude1 because: formating

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dude1

If it's still like in the play Coriolanus by Shakespeare then maybe its just "hidden".
At least that is what the CIA/NSA was suggesting in the 1990's.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Feb, 13 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dude1

Throughout our history, since WWII anyway when we stole the collective intellectual property of Germany, the government has meted out technological advancements to the private sector. Then the government invested in stuff like DARPA to think tank the next big breakthroughs.

The US Military has its own labs as well, and they were well known sinks for science for quite some time. I wrote a thread a long while back about Dr. Ning Li. She developed some gravitational negation type tech using superconductors. It appears that there was some inertia effect that drove it, but nonetheless ARL sent one of their head hunters by to speak to her. She took 200k in research grants, then (according to Dr. Baker, the aforementioned headhunter) vanished. Possibly back into China, which would not be far fetched I don't think.

Point being: the government makes contact with people and then tries to hire them when they have a break through. The question remains....are they really good at making you then disappear to protect the discovery? Or do they run people off to CHina?

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It is funny you mention ning lee and her a/c gravity patent.

It was the 2nd thing that brought me to ats back in 2001 or so. I have lurked and used ats as a reference source since early 2000.

I only finaly joined last year.

The close ties between ats and the NSA kept me from joining.

Then one day last year or so I decided heck I'm on here so much if they have a list I'm allready on it so I might as well join so people could get to know their future FEMA camp mate.

If there is an ssp, ning lee is out there among the stars. She got her ride not for discovering something new, but for touching uppon something old, but still relevant.

The more I progress along my own lines of re-discovery the more I realize the great wisdom in Solomon's exhortation that: there is nothing new under the sun.

Every time I felt I was breaking new ground I eventually realized I was only mimicking natural processes, or standing on the shoulders of those who broke ground long before me.

Best I can tell is all Information is, has been, and will be all at the same time. It all comes from the 0 plain source at the center of our universe aka God.

Every thought idea or piece of info.

We are simply receivers of information. Nothing more nothing less.

posted on Feb, 14 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In the 60's they could send a man to the moon.

Now.... ???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join