It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth Parents Do Chestfeeding With Human Milk

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There are enough real problems, inequalities and injustices in the world without contriving something out of nothing for the sole purpose of pursuing the woke agenda.

I really don't know what these morons hope to achieve apart from alienating the vast majority of people who have far more important things to concern themselves with; things like putting a roof over their family's head and providing for them.

I don't think its any coincidence that its self-important, middle-class, interfering do-gooders who seem to concern themselves with issues like this whilst the rest of us just try to get on with our lives the best we can.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout
What intrigues me more is why not the universally and widely accepted "nursing"?

A nursing mother is a woman who is breastfeeding. The term "nursing" with regards to mothers and babies is already widely used, and people who have gone to antenatal classes during pregnancy or done any cursory research on pregnancy and babies know exactly what it means.

Why change the language at all? The vast majority know what breast feeding is and what it means. A tiny minority of people, who are lost in their own echo-chamber of stupidity, are offended by terms which focus on women-centred language. The “cannot use breast as it’s offensive to men who don’t have them”, is a sad inditement of our times and the erosion of women’s rights and traditions.
edit on 19/2/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
There are enough real problems, inequalities and injustices in the world without contriving something out of nothing for the sole purpose of pursuing the woke agenda.

I don't think that they are "contriving something out of nothing", let alone because of a "woke agenda". The NHS is a public service, one that we all contribute to and as a consequence expect equal and just delivery of that service no matter our difference. That service however is subject to human nature and human failings. Healthcare professionals can be guilty of unprofessional behaviour including bigotry and prejudice and while they are entitled to hold such views in their own time they should not be bringing them to their professional environment, particularly not in a public sector role. If they do then the NHS is liable to complaints and suits for damages should any of their users feel that they were treated in an unequal and unjust manner. The NHS is protecting both it's staff and it's service users by taking this initiative. Just as a heathcare worker should be protected from offensive language and behaviour from a member of the public, so should those under their care from those caring for them. I should imagine that the vast majority of nurses and mid-wives don't need this direction, that they are, I hope, already sufficiently educated and trained to know how to treat all their users with respect and dignity. This standardisation of an alternative vocabulary that accommodates differences passes the buck to the individual mid-wife, nurse or doctor because they should know and do better. Families come in all shapes, sizes and forms, and it is not difficult to address someone in the way they wish to be addressed...except clearly it is and that is why the NHS trust has had to take this step to protect it's (our) core values.

What are the NHS Values?

Working together for patients.
Respect and dignity.
Commitment to quality of care.
Compassion.
Improving lives.
Everyone counts.

www.hee.nhs.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Chest feeding to my weird mind just sounds like a human cutting open their chest to feed blood to their kid like pelicans supposedly do/or at least mythologically.

They are called BREASTS

If you want to be more correct you can say mammary glands.

Men don't have mammary glands.

a reply to: ketsuko

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join